1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by Scheezo, May 18, 2009.

1. Scheezo

Scheezo Member

Hey all. I'm Tim. Thought I'd check in and say hey. Over the past 6 or 7 years i've become very high strung. Probably due to the stress of everday life. I really do have a hard time coping. I've been meditating with the discover meditation program for the past week and am so happy with the results. My neck and shoulder muscles have relaxed so much that I can crack my neck again! This may sound silly to most of you but after a car accident 5 years ago a good neck cracking helps a lot! I've also started to feel more relaxed and can't wait to feel like I used to before. I look forward to getting to know you all.

2. Panthau

Panthau Member

Hi Tim/Scheezo!

Looking forward to hear from you when you tried lifeflow :)

Atb,
    Pan

3. Scheezo

Scheezo Member

Probably wont be trying Life Flow anytime soon. My budget is pretty tight. Someday :)

4. GilesC

GilesC Member

You could always download the sample of LifeFlow 10 for free and just put it on repeat. ;)
    At least you can see what it's like that way.
    Also, Michael/Support staff may be able to offer you a means of paying within your budget as you don't have to sign up to have all levels and they'll most likely be happy to let you move onto the next levels as and when you are ready. I've found they are very flexible like that. ;)

Hugs

Giles

5. Itlandm

Itlandm Member

I think it is a good idea to meditate for a while without any soundscapes so you get some basic experience. When you eventually get curious about brainwave entrainment, there is a free sample, as Giles said, that you can play around with.

I am glad you take to meditation so easily. Not all are so blessed; I have had friends who tried to meditate and got scared by the silence. Perhaps they could have benefited from brainwave entrainment tracks, but we did not know about those back then.

6. GilesC

GilesC Member

Ah! the fear of letting go, coming from strong attachment by the ego to 'objects' in their life. Letting go of attachment is one of the greatest challenges we face, but it can be done when we recognise that this is what we are doing and we choose to follow this path.

Hugs

Giles

7. Scheezo

Scheezo Member

I have recently moved to a new state and a new job. The budget hasn't really been worked out and seems to be real tight. I'm going to take Itlandm's advice and practice meditation without any sound tracks. I've done a couple of guided meditations and what not. I realize the Life Flow system is quite different but I'm going to work my way into it when life settles down.

I went into meditation with an open mind. I am pretty high strung and half the time I don't now if I'm a wreck or just plain crazy. I have trouble coping with life at times and stress gets to me easily. Since I started meditating I do notice a difference. I'm able to relax myself throughout the day. I have a wife and three kids, a pre-teen and two little ones. That is enough to drive ya nuts at times :) I'm not looking for an out of body experience or enlightenment, I just want to learn to relax my mind and lead a happier life. I really like meditating and have been reading the forum for a while before posting and like the people. I'll talk to y'all soon.

Tim

8. sliccy

sliccy Member

Hey Tim,

Welcome to the forums! Just keep doing what you are doing and I am sure you'll do fine. Just as Giles suggested, I'd recommend downloading the LifeFlow 10 sample. Try it and see if it works, it's how I did it before I actually got the full track.

Andy

9. jeanie

jeanie Member

Hiya Tim,

Welcome :D

Sounds like your having good experiences so far...keep us informed.

Glad ur here.

Be happy
    :)

10. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

Welcome to all the Newbies out there in the last couple of weeks.

gus

11. daisy3

daisy3 Member

Hi Tim,
    welcome to the forum.good to have your lovely addition.We are all one big family here.it's a great idea to spend some time with discover meditation as other's have suggested and also the LF 14 mins sample.
    love and peace
    daffodil