1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Newbie looking for a pal.

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by Connie14, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Connie14

Connie14 Member

Mar 6, 2013
    Hi to all which care to read this,

I meditated for the first time today. I have been asking lots of questions of myself lately and i cannot recall a time when i've had nothing on my mind. Well today whilst meditating was the first time it felt great although I don't think i done it completely right. I felt a sense of nothingness, felt my physical drifting almost swaying at one point. When i got out of meditation i felt very calm, a calmness i don't recall feeling ever before.

I am looking for someone just to talk to really also share their meditation experiences why and how it helps others.
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Dec 11, 2007
    Hi Connie and welcome to the community :)

Meditation won't feel quite the same to you as it will to me or anyone else because it's is an individual experience. Here's a link to some valuable principles that I think you will find of great interest:-

A little daily meditation has made a huge difference to my day to day life. To be aware and live in the moment is so enjoyable. It is so freeing to not be ruled by the endless trail of thoughts I used to allow to take over my life. To be able to deal calmly and creatively with various challenges and situations is so much more productive than re-acting to situations as I used to do.

The calming influence you can bring to others is one of the things I am so greatful for too. I look forward to hearing how you progress and wish you an abundance of peace and joy :) :) :)