1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Newbie from Australia

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by dsempMich, Jul 14, 2009.

1. dsempMich

dsempMich Member

Hi, I have been reading the posts in this forum and have downloaded the free meditation CDs (thanks Michael) and I have enjoyed both. I was still trying to decide whether to download or buy the CDs but then... I discovered the prices were in US dollars, not Australian as I had thought! I didn't realise the exchange rate was so different. I'm not sure that I can afford it now - any other Aussies have a similar shock?
    I will keep using the sample for now and persist with traditional meditation.

Keep up the good work everyone, your posts are really inspirational to read.

2. daisy3

daisy3 Member

Hi dsempmich,
    welcome to the forum and meditation journey. Yes this is a great place packed with amazing people.
    I'm four months into life flow, I began with bimonthly download which allows you to download lifeflow levels beginning with 10 every two months.I changed my mind when i was in better financial position and have recently been able to buy and download all levels including gamma . downloading option might be cheaper and affordable to begin with. If you write to Jodie at [email protected] she'll be able to direct and help you with affordable option for you.She's very prompt and helpful.I was also able to get a good discount on the first download but i'm not sure if this is still available, you need to find out from Jodie.I'm from London hence the exchange rate went in my favour.It also helps to keep an eye on exchange rate every so often and go when the rate is cheap, sure you are aware of this
    hope this helps.
    Daffodil

Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  3. dsempMich

dsempMich Member

Thank you Daffodil,
    actually Jodie has already got back to me about trying to work something out with Michael - I'm hoping for good news. I think it's great that people from all over the world are benefitting from this great technology - London - wow!
    Thanks for your reply, I hope I may be able to join in fully on the journey in time to come.

4. daisy3

daisy3 Member

Hi dsempMich
    that's great , fingers crossed .
    "people from all over the world are benefitting from this great technology "
    definitely

"London - wow!"
    Yes for some people . i guess i'm not a city person.
    Australia is a lovely place.

happy LF journey.d
    hope to see you round in the forum,

5. dsempMich

dsempMich Member

I'm joining the club!

Hi Daffodil and others,
    I just wanted to announce that I have jumped in and bought the CDs, so I guess now I'm a 'real' member! I can't wait for them to arrive in the post, until then I'm going to continue with the traditional meditation and the LF 14 minute sample.

I did a lot of comparing between LF and Holosync and was most impressed with the audio engineer's report stating that changing the brain waves throughout each session (as in Holosync) is actually counterproductive as you need a certain time spent in each stage for it to be effective. It sounded right to me anyway.

I look forward to spending some time with yu all on this forum and will let you know of my progress.

Take care,
    :)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  6. dsempMich

dsempMich Member

I'm joining the club!

Hi Daffodil and others,
    I just wanted to announce that I have jumped in and bought the CDs, so I guess now I'm a 'real' member! I can't wait for them to arrive in the post, until then I'm going to continue with the traditional meditation and the LF 14 minute sample.

I did a lot of comparing between LF and Holosync and was most impressed with the audio engineer's report stating that changing the brain waves throughout each session (as in Holosync) is actually counterproductive as you need a certain time spent in each stage for it to be effective. It sounded right to me anyway.

I look forward to spending some time with yu all on this forum and will let you know of my progress.

Take care,
    :)

7. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

Welcome from Canada dsempMich!

Hey dsempMich......... I scoured this forum 6-7 months ago before i took the plunge as well. We are dead-on the same frequency (no pun here...) as per the audio engineer report too (Raven)...it just makes sense.....................:) :) :)

I'm on level7 and it is just SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sweet....:):):).
    My thoughts are that upheaval may hit later on..... LF4??? or LF 3????:eek:

shine on :)

jim

8. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi dsempMich and welcome to the community.

I'm sure you're going to find the Lifeflow series to be just what you wanted.
    Took me a while before I signed up for it, like you, because of having the money for it, but I'm glad I did in the end (and thankful the right money came my way).

Like Jim, I'm on LF 7 now. Really enjoying it.

Hugs

Giles

9. dsempMich

dsempMich Member

Hi Jim and Giles,
    thanks for your reponses :) It's just really nice to know I'm not the only one with the inital jitters about doing something like this.
    I actually had an accupuncture appointment today and meditated to the sample (twice!) and eventually I became aware I was smiling! It was such a nice feeling...

Have a great day

10. dsempMich

dsempMich Member

Mantra vs breathing

Sorry, I forgot to ask, how important is it to actually use a mantra? I've never used one before, I usually just focus on my breathing and as I'm used to this I don't have a problem with my thoughts coming and going. I mean, if the reason for the mantra is to give the mind something to settle on do I still need to use a mantra?
    Thanks again

11. GilesC

GilesC Member

12. tootandzoot

tootandzoot Member

hello, Australian friend.
    I have never tried mantra, and have found that breath is very effective in allowing me to enter into a meditative state, or close to it in other situations where it is helpful. I have happily been using the Lifeflow recordings since January and am now finding that I can begin to enter the state soon after starting, prompted by being aware of my breath.
    I am so glad to have found this, and without a doubt i am now becoming aware of the benefits, life changing in the best way. I too deliberated for a long time before embarking on this course. am so glad that I have.
    Fi

Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  13. dsempMich

dsempMich Member

Hi and thanks everyone. Thank you Giles for adding the link, that made it clearer for me and was certainly better than you writing all that again:)
    Jodie kindly sent me the download of LF10 whilst I'm waiting for the CDs to arrive, so I'm enjoying that already. I'm not sure if it's simply the excitement of being on a new path or if the meditations are helping already but I definatley feel calmer in myself. It's school holidays here and I haven't yelled at the kids nearly as much as I might have otherwise...;)

14. Edwin

Edwin Member

Keep up the meditation with LifeFlow and in 2 years, you won't ever have to yell at the kids again... And they will listen :eek:

15. Itlandm

Itlandm Member

Kids that listen?? That must be what they call a miracle of Biblical proportions! :)

16. Edwin

Edwin Member

very important note:
    I meant pre-teen children of course.

Everybody knows that kids with the right amount of hormones become demonic... uhm.... I mean deaf.