1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Newb checking in

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by Bilsdragon, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Bilsdragon

Bilsdragon Member

Hello Everyone, I signed up today and wanted to say hi. I've been a martial artist for many years and have spent some time meditating. Since my twin sons were born twelve years ago my life has gotten quite complex. I'm sure many of you know the drill, work long hours, homework, long commute, family, etc. Over the last few years or so I've really felt lost. It seems that I forgot how to live. It feels like I just survive and that makes me an unhappy camper. I thought for quite a while today trying to remember some of the things that brought peace into my life. Meditation, breathing excercises, and physical training were a few things that kept life in balance for me. It's been too long and I almost forgot how to relax. Anyhow, I look forward to sharing with you folks and learning all I can. :)

2. Ta-tsu-wa

Ta-tsu-wa Member

Hello, Bill

Welcome to "the gang"!

I think many of us have been where you found yourself. There's a world of difference between "feeling alive" and just "not being dead". If I can offer you a suggestion that I've personally experimented with recently and had great results, in addition to your meditation practice, play the LifeFlow tracks and listen to them when you need quiet time. I find the entrainment process to be very relaxing and balancing even if I'm not deliberately sitting down to meditate. I've been using entrainment almost like taking a quick 10 or 15 minute cat nap and it's been very calming and rejuvenating.

Anyway, welcome!

3. Bilsdragon

Bilsdragon Member

Ta-tsu-wa, Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have to give that a try. I can wait to try all these great techniques. Happy New Year, Bill