1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

1. wildrice

wildrice Member

Just want to say hello. I'm new here to this board. I've known for years that meditation is the foundation I need but haven't been able to make it a regular practice. I've only practiced with LF10 for 2 days now. Both times I fell asleep within 10 minutes (sitting up and nodding off rather forcefully so I laid down to not strain the neck). I know it will get better with practice. I will be overly patient with myself, to overcome whatever blocks are getting in the way of regular meditation practice. I've felt, for a couple of years now, that my third eye is blocked. While listening, I see images in light behind my eyelids, which I haven't seen for many years. Whatever it is, it is somewhat comforting to have those back. It's also interesting, because I've been feeling some pressure/sensations in my forehead after the audio. Not sure what it is, but it feels good!

Hugs,
    wildrice

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi wildrice and welcome to the Project Meditation community,

Different sensations and visual colours/images are normal when practising meditation. Stick with it, it will get easier.

Hugs

Giles

3. peaceandkarma

peaceandkarma Member

Hi, I'm new here too. It looks like a very friendly forum. :)

4. M L K

M L K Member

Welcome

It is friendly, and you are a welcome addition, peaceandkarma.

Warm regards, Margaret

5. wildrice

wildrice Member

It's been a little over a week now... have fallen asleep every time, except for tonight. I guess the trick is, for me, to take a nap before.

The MP3 player ran out of "juice" about 30 minutes in, so I didn't get through the whole session. :rolleyes: It will be a major accomplishment to get through 40 minutes with no sleeping! Tomorrow might just be the day. :)

I've had some interesting experiences this week. Lots of emotional rollercoasterness. Obviously, something is still processing when I'm asleep.

When I'm awake and PRESENT, that's interesting too. I saw an image of something from college that I had totally forgotten about -- let that go. I also got feelings/sensations in my body that I don't know what they're connected to (anxiety, fear, pain), but they did seem to clear with some breathing into it.

What I'm having a hard time with, is out-of-the-blue headaches during the day. They are getting milder, but I sure hope they stop soon!

6. GilesC

GilesC Member

Ensure you drink plenty of fluid to keep your body hydrated and avoid coffee/tea and alcohol as much as possible as these can apparently reduce the hydration levels in your body. Dehydration is one of the most common causes of headaches.
    (of course, don't overdo it on the fluid intake as drinking too much can have adverse effects too. I usually aim for between 2 and 3 litres of water a day myself)

7. wildrice

wildrice Member

Thanks Giles, I'll try that. I've been drinking a little more caffeinated tea than normal, so I'll try to cut back or just drink more water...