1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

New user...

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Lifeflower, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Lifeflower

Lifeflower Member

Hi,

I started with HS about one year ago and listened almost 9 months on a daily basis...a couple of months ago I stopped due to time constraints and too much upheaval.

I started LF about 2 weeks ago. So far I haven't experienced any meaningful experiences yet have a slight impression of being more focused...maybe it's wishful thinking or self fullfilling prophecy but let's wait and hopefully get astonishing results.

Contrarily to HS, LF only has 10 levels thus by consequently following the programm 11 months later you will have gone through it. What to do afterwards ? Simply keep on repeating level 1 ? Is it still possible to evolve ? Contrarily to LF, HS total programm takes several years...

Last question, is it necessary to use a mantra while meditating with LF or can you simply listen ? Would you recommend sitting down or is lying down as efficient ?

Thanks for having taken time to read my post, it would be great receiving some advice from your side !

2. olmate

olmate Member

Hi,
    One of the contexts to have a look at perhaps is your motivation for using Lifeflow.

For me my core interest is a meditation practice for a wide range of reasons. Lifeflow I see as an aid to that practice. If on the other hand you are more motivated to "complete a course" then maybe Lifeflow may provide a more limited benefit.

I personally use a mantra but I think that you will find many on this forum will use a wide variety of approaches to their meditation. The key is finding what is best for you. The same applies to whether you sit or recline - I would recommend to settle on what is best for you in terms of developing a practice that is meeting your goals and aspirations.

My recommendation is to try a few different approaches and see what "feels" best.

Olmate

3. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi Lifeflower and welcome to the project meditation community,

After level 1 you can just listen to any of the levels again, to help maintain the entrainment, though the order doesn't really matter as far as I'm aware as long as you keep using them. Not sure I'd use the term 'evolve'.... as we're always evolving in some sense. I'd say it's more about maintaining and reinforcing the entrainment, which has the knock on effect of continuing our progression with life.

Don't try and compare HS to LF, they're different products as you can tell.

It's not necessary to use a mantra or even meditate, though meditation allows the lifeflow to be more effective, but it still has some effect if you just listen to it at other times. I know people who listen to it whilst doing the housework or cooking etc.

As for sitting or lying down, I typically recommend sitting for any meditation, as lying down is conducive to sleep and that's what your body will naturally try and do when you lie down. Of course it's a matter of personal preference.

Keep us posted how you get on.

Hugs

Giles

4. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Lifeflower and welcome to the community :)

here are 3 links to some great information. The first link is rather long, still you will find it extremely helpful:-

http://www.project-meditation.org/c...x/2357-principles-meditation-entrainment.html

http://www.project-meditation.org/c.../1437-experiences-lf-9-lf-1-a-2.html#post7113

http://www.project-meditation.org/c...-do-i-have-meditate-get-results.html#post3575

Each LifeFlow level guides you into a deeper brainwave state and each level creates a solid foundation for the next level. Each level has it's own unique benefits and when you have become comfortable and familiar with each you will be ready to experience the Gamma tracks. The Gamma tracks automatically become available to you when you download the deepest of the delta states (LifeFlow 1)

You will have access to Creative Flow and Optimal Learning (2 bonus tracks) These can be used in a variety of ways. I play Creative Flow quietly over speakers when working at my computer.

If you are short on time, it's important to remember that you can meditate or relax with LifeFlow for the time that suits your personal lifestyle.

I think you will find the above links invaluable. Look forward to hearing how you progress and wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)

5. Lifeflower

Lifeflower Member

Thanks

Thanks for your advises gentlemen.

Interesting to hear that the program can be used with or without mantra or sitting/reclining.

I assume that the best way to progress is to do it in a sitting positioning by using a mantra... Would you advise to say your mantra in your head or 'humming' it ? Even saying it in our head is not that easy as you need to find out where to start and stop and restart your mantra and you need to find a mantra first....

As indicated I used HS which apparently is completely different as it is just meant to listen to...now with LF it is different as the best way to evolve is by using a mantra...

Thanks and best regards from Luxemburg !
    LF

6. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi Lifeflower,

Traditionally mantras are in-voiced, so they are done internally rather than as an external sound (of course there are outwardly sounded mantras used in some meditation styles). The mantra isn't something we have to be attached to, just something we use as a focus to assist us in getting into the meditative state, so picking something that has little or no meaning to you (such as a sound) is a good way to go. I know some people try and pick a word like "Love" or "Being" etc. but these are words we have attached meanings and feelings etc. to, so it can be harder to calm the thoughts in the mind when we're repeating a word with such associations. As for starting and stopping the mantra... this isn't something you need to be too concerned with... you just repeat it as and when it happens... it may slow down, it may speed up, it may seem quieter or louder etc. as you go along, and there'll be times when the mantra isn't there.... that's fine... and if you recognise that you've become attached to thoughts again, you can just start repeating the mantra again.

Hope that helps.

Hugs

Giles

7. Lifeflower

Lifeflower Member

Thanks again for your support LFers !