1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

New to meditation

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by SMPak, May 27, 2013.

1. SMPak

SMPak New Member

Friends,

I am new to meditation and very new to this forum. I have been trying to meditate for about a week now and I believe I am able to reach deep alpha a few times. However, going deeper, it looks like I fall asleep because I see sudden flashes of scenes like for 2 -3 seconds and then I wake up. Can anybody guide me if I indeed go to sleep in those moments or were those scenes I saw in the theta state.

Second, if anybody could guide me. One day I had an intense feeling as if there is some presence just above my head towards the front, as if it is escaping my eyes. It remained there for one whole day and then gradually it subsided but still when I want to notice I can. What was that?

Regards,

SMPak

2. william.sharkey

william.sharkey Member

I think that these things you are feeling or seeing are more or less just thoughts in your mind. When you meditate it is easy to be alluded that you are seeing something which you are not. I would say that when you meditate you shouldnt be expecting any out of body experiences or flashing lights. If you do I would simply try to not pay attention to them. When your mind urges you to pay attention to these things and focus on them and try to figure them out to rather attempt to let go of these urges.