1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

New to LifeFlow

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by clifcamp, Oct 4, 2012.

1. clifcamp

clifcamp Member

I'm new at this and will be starting with LifeFlow 10. My question is whether it is necessary to do the whole 40 minutes or could a shorter time, say 20 or 30 minutes be effective?

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi clifcamp and welcome to the Project Meditation community,

You don't have to start with the full 40 minutes (or 60 minutes if you have the physical CD's).
    The entrainment frequencies exist from the very start to the very end of the tracks, so you can simply listen to as much as you are comfortable with. The information on the research behind brainwave entrainment suggests that the entrainment only really starts to take effect after around 8 minutes of using it (I guess it takes some time for the mind to settle into the meditation/relaxed state to enable the entrianment to work best). Therefore, as long as you're doing more than 8 minutes you should be getting some benefit, so certainly doing 20 or more will be ok.

Hugs

Giles