1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

New section for science of meditation?

Discussion in 'Your Suggestions' started by goodoljoshua, Sep 25, 2008.

1. goodoljoshua

goodoljoshua Member

Hi Michael (and Mods):),

What do you think about adding a new section to the community on the emerging field of research into meditation? Over the last decade dozens of institutions, universities, doctors, and scientists have delved head-first into figuring out exactly what goes on in our brains, minds, and bodies when we meditate.

They’ve discovered MANY fascinating things including the concept of neuroplasticity; how your mind, thoughts, intentions, and emotional states actually rewire the physical structure of the brain in a way that reinforces the practice and benefits of meditation. In other words they’ve uncovered the physiological elements of an UPWARD spiral. Most of us have experienced a personal “downward spiral” at some time in our lives but this is an “upward spiral” leading, I believe, to a personal evolution and the evolution of the human race.

ANYWAY lol. . .do you think it would fit in with your goals for this community to include a section devoted to “meditation science?” Within the context of scientific language, we could expound on the benefits of meditation as hundreds of published research articles clearly indicate that the practice of meditation can:

Increase focus
    Increase attention span
    Increase equanimity
    Decrease deleterious effects of chronic stress
    Reduce adrenaline levels
    Reduce cortisol levels
    Reduce symptoms of stress related illnesses
    Reduce suffering related to physical pain
    Lower blood pressure
    and so on, and so on. . .!

(Alot of this information can be found in your "Learn How You Can Benefit From Project Meditation!" thread)

Well boss. . .waddya tink?

Joshua

2. twinkeltoes

twinkeltoes Member

Acending maps

Sounds good Joshua, enjoy a scientific roadmap especially one bringing the unseen to the eye of the lens, to the arena of what folks can work with.Have developed an excitment about this LF type tech and respect and use it all. I felt Like the guy who had been meditating in a damp cave for so long,saw the ad,tucked in his turban and ran like crazy down to the internet cafe to get me some, right now.In the frontier of making the subjective out there and mutually accessable we hopefully may determine that the "higher" diamensions are full of commonly observed landmarks and very scientific actually.Dont think one can buy,bully or blast the way into paradise but I would love to see a greater interaction with our ascension potential become commonplace,anyway it is.Perceptive travels, Alan

3. Peaceful Warrior

Peaceful Warrior New Member

First find

I think this is a very good idea guys and Michael! Here is my first contribution:

Google Talk Meditation

PW ;)

4. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

PW,
    I went to the link and it said it was no longer available.

Gus

5. goodoljoshua

goodoljoshua Member

Right On!

Well said Alan. I'll come back to your post over and over.

Perceptive Travels to you too.

6. Peaceful Warrior

Peaceful Warrior New Member

Gus,

Maybe it was down, I just tried again and it worked okay. I use firefox browser.

PW

7. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

Interesting,
    I use FireFox also. I just tried it again and it did the same thing. No worries though; I bet I can live without it;)

BTW, I just entered a post under the "Mindfulness; in plain English" post that probably should have gone here. you can move it if you want.

gus

Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
  8. Michael Mackenzie

Michael Mackenzie Owner

Good suggestion

Thanks for the suggestion.

This will be setup today as a sub-forum under Meditation Chatterbox.

Michael

9. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

This was a great suggestion from over 2 years ago from Joshua and as more and more scientific reports become available the following link will hold a wealth of valuable information for all :) :) :)

Science of Meditation - Project Meditation Community Forum