1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

New or Experienced to Meditation?

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Peaceful Warrior, Dec 17, 2007.

?

How long have you meditated for?

1. Only just starting

78 vote(s)
    58.2%
  2. Less than 6 months

24 vote(s)
    17.9%
  3. 12 months or more

8 vote(s)
    6.0%
  4. 3 years or more

14 vote(s)
    10.4%
  5. 10 years or more

6 vote(s)
    4.5%
  6. 20 years or more

4 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. Peaceful Warrior

Peaceful Warrior New Member

I thought it would be interesting to know our collective meditation experience!

Would you care to vote? :)

2. Ta-tsu-wa

Ta-tsu-wa Member

Playing devil's advocate

In some traditional Native American cultures they would say we've all been meditating since the moment we entered life; that Life itself is the meditation, but we're just too busy to realize that.

3. Peaceful Warrior

Peaceful Warrior New Member

hmmmmmm!!

Interesting Ta-tsu-wa!

That's given me something to contemplate :rolleyes: PW

4. Edwin

Edwin Member

I bet that the one person who entered 20 years or more is actually Michael :p

5. wendy

wendy Member

When anyone ever asks me this question, I've been answering, "about 6 months", but then I started thinking: it was meditation that got me through last Christmas without having a breakdown - I'm in retail toys. So that would mean that I've been meditating for over a year now! Time flies when you're having fun!!! It was my naturopath who got me started as a way to de-stress, among other things.

However, I can honestly say that I've been much more dedicated since downloading my free meditation course, several months ago. It simplified the process for me and I learned quite a bit.

I have had many wonderful experiences, which in time I will relate here. I don't want to put off any newcomers by overwhelming them with information they may not be ready for. Suffice to say, there is a lot more to this than the science of brainwaves and it's not to be feared, but rather, embraced.

I think this is a wonderful community. Thank you for the opportunity to share. Wendy