1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

New member from Oz

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by celticpeace, Oct 15, 2008.

1. celticpeace

celticpeace Member

Hi everyone
    Greetings from Australia. This is my first mail and I'm not sure how to use this forum yet. I am so impressed with Michael's meditation courses.
    I look forward to learning from you all.
    Peace and blessings
    celticpeace

2. Montana Keith

Montana Keith Member

Welcome

Hi CelticPeace,
    Welcome to this forum! I so enjoy reading the various names we have all chosen to be identified with on this forum. I'm sure if we had the time or the inclination, we could all tell quite the story as to why we chose that particular name.

"CelticPeace" conjures a number of wonderful images and stories in my mind. Anyway, I hope you find this forum as beneficial and supportive as I have. I am experiencing meeting and learning from people who have chosen to be non-judgmental, who are really smart and insightful, and who are really funny. (For example, take a look at Edwin's picture with his funny classes and of Edward's post of "Muppet Meditation" with James Coburn and Animal. Now that I think of it, both of these guys are from the Netherlands. Hey, what do they know that I don't? LOL.)

Anyway, I wish you well this day. --Keith :)

3. Edwin

Edwin Member

Hehe, could not stay out of this thread now ;)

I think humor is a great way to keep it real, to stay away from false intentions.
    If you can't laugh at yourself, you are taking yourself way too seriously :D
    I think the Dutch as a people do have that tendency, in Holland we have a saying:

"Doe maar gewoon, dan doe je al gek genoeg !"

I think that sais it all, don't you !!

Hm ? What ?

Oh, a translation...

Well, the Dutch saying:

"Just act normal, you will be acting crazy enough"

That is the secret to the Dutch Keith, now you know it too !
    Pretty soon, with this new-found knowledge, you will feel the strange urge to eat cheese and wear wooden shoes, and stick your finger in dykes... hm... forget that last one...

Welcome to the forum ! :)

4. celticpeace

celticpeace Member

Thank you Montana Keith

Hi Montana Keith
    Thanks for your kind words and welcome. I choose the name CelticPeace as I'm Irish and have great pride in my heritage. It conjures up feelings of great traditions, story-telling, humour,laughter and loyalty. The word Peace just came into my mind and I thought it was appropriate. I love, seek and desire Peace for myself and the world.
    Now live in Australia with my husband (family have flown the nest), but, I still call Ireland home. I'm still trying to find my way around this great site-very pleased I found it. This is my first attempt at meditation. I have much to learn and feel sure I will benifit greatly from Michael's wisdom and all your experiences.
    Sending you an Irish blessing as follows:
    "As you slide down the Banister of life, May the splinters never point in the wrong direction".

Have a great day,
    CelticPeace

5. Montana Keith

Montana Keith Member

Thanks for the laughs

Hi CelticPeace & Edwin,

You guys are funny! Luckily when I read both of your posts on "sliding down bannisters" and "eating cheese & wearing wooden shoes," I was alone in my office. I started laughing out loud so loudily that if anyone was passing they'd think I was crazy or something. Just so you know, I have shared your posts with a number of people. It so amazing how just a little bit of laughter can start to spread until we're all laughing and smiling. It reminds me of a song and scene from the movie "Mary Poppins." Perhaps you remember it too--"I Love to Laugh."

- I Love To Laugh Lyrics

Uncle Albert:
    I love to laugh
    Loud and long and clear
    I love to laugh
    It's getting worse ev'ry year

The more I laugh
    The more I fill with glee
    And the more the glee
    The more I'm a merrier me
    It's embarrassing!
    The more I'm a merrier me!

Mary Poppins:
    Some people laugh through their noses
    Sounding something like this "Mmm..."
    Some people laugh through their teeth goodness sake
    Hissing and fizzing like snakes

Bert:
    Some laugh too fast
    Some only blast - ha!
    Others, they twitter like birds
    Then there's the kind
    What can't make up their mind

Uncle Albert:
    When things strike me as funny
    I can't hide it inside
    And squeak - as the squeakelers do
    I've got to let go with a ho-ho-ho...
    And a ha-ha-ha...too!

All:
    We love to laugh
    Loud and long and clear
    We love to laugh
    So ev'rybody can hear
    The more you laugh
    The more you fill with glee
    And the more the glee
    The more we're a merrier we!

Take care my friends. You are making a positive difference in so many peoples lives. --Keith :)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2008
  6. Edwin

Edwin Member

my fav from that movie is actually "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious"...

:D

I think people should laugh every day, for at least 30 minutes.

Another Dutch saying:

Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd

Translation:

A day without laughter is a day not lived.

:cool: Glad I could help :)

7. celticpeace

celticpeace Member

Edwin and Montana Keith are funny Guys

Hi Edwin and Montana Keith

Thanks for the laughs. Yes, I agree laughing is the best medicine. Have we started something here Guys?

May there always be laughter in both your lives. Here's another Irish toast to you.

"May your troubles be as far apart as my Grandmother's teeth".

Edwin and Montana Keith, "may the hinges of our friendship never grow rusty"

Have a great day.
    CelticPeace

8. Montana Keith

Montana Keith Member

Interesting

CelticPeace & Edwin,

Well, it's morning here in Lindon, Utah. Somehow in ways I don't pretend to understand, the three of us, for a moment in time, have reached across space and time and have connected. With our being in the Netherlands, Australia, and the United States, I don't know how any three people on this earth could be spread apart more spatially than we are. And yet, we have become aware that we are connected. With the awareness of this connection--which is actually always there--our affinity and friendship is growing. Ah, isn't life just wonderful and amazing!

Edwin, my wife and family cracks up when I try to pronounce in my version of Dutch your sayings. You've become quite the celebrity with my wife and 24 year old son and 21 year old daughter.

And CelticPeace, you don't know how significant your final statement of "may the hinges of our friendship never grow rusty" is to me. I don't have time to relate the story right now, but if you'll be patient with me you'll learn of why this statement is so significant to me in my Christmas story for this year. A few years back, I started the tradition of writing a "Christmas story" each year and sending it out to family and friends. If you don't mind, I'd like to share this year's story with each of you for this coming holiday season.

Take care my friends. With a smile on my face. --Keith :)

9. Edwin

Edwin Member

Hehe just keep talking to me and without you knowing it you trigger all sorts of typical Dutch sayings, enough to keep your family laughing till Christmas ( even tho Celtics sayings are just as funny if not more ;) ) !

Internet is a wonderfull thing indeed, and I can't think of a better way to use it than for this, and online gaming of course ;)

10. celticpeace

celticpeace Member

Montana Keith and the Blarney

Hi Montana Keith
    You sure know how to make others feel good. You have "the gift of the gab". Did you kiss the Blarney stone?
    I think you and Edwin have perfected the art of the Blarney.

Yes, the internet is a great way to communicate and spread laughter and goodwill, to like-minded people, melting away the miles that divide us.
    Thank you for offering to send me your Christmas Story. I look forward to reading it.
    Take care and may many blessings come your way today.
    CelticPeace

11. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

Celticpeace welcome,
    By now you've met a couple of the members here. You've also probably realized from reading their posts that this brain entrainment experience can go awry sometimes. I think Michael should put a disclaimer with each CD saying he is not responsible for anyone running around in rose colored glasses poking their fingers in dykes nor will he accept responability for people sitting around in their office laughing all by themselves for petes sake. ;)
    This is one time I am glad my wife is NOT reading over my shoulder.

gus

12. celticpeace

celticpeace Member

Hi bashmaki
    Thanks for the welcome. Come on admit it, you enjoyed the the humour. Laughter is the best medicine.
    May you live as long as you want and never want as long as you live!
    Have a great day,
    CelticPeace

13. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

Yes celticpeace life is certainly grand ;)