1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

New guy

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by River_Sol, Jan 5, 2012.

1. River_Sol

River_Sol Member

Downloading some of those files right now. I've had some experience with meditation, but lately have been having a hard time with life. Wanting to get back into it, and go deeper than ever before.:)

Look forward to being around.

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi and welcome to the Project Meditation community,

Look forward to seeing you around on the forums,

Hugs

Giles

3. River_Sol

River_Sol Member

Thanks Giles!
    Also I had a question about the dancer picture on the homepage. Is it normal to be able to see it spinning a different way, at will? What does that mean?

4. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi,

As it explains, if you see it spinning one way it means your using one side of the brain and visa versa. Some people can only see it spinning one way and struggle to get it to move the other way, which is likely because they are very stuck with using one side of their brain.

Like yourself, I can make it change direction at will, which I guess means that we are capable of using both sides of our brain as and when we need to.

Hugs
    Giles

5. River_Sol

River_Sol Member

Thanks for the explanation! That's pretty neat :)

-Brian

6. Mr Monkey

Mr Monkey Member

Me being curious again :D, but can you guys change the direction whilst looking directly at the spinning dancer?

I can change the rotation but to effect the change I have to look away slightly (but keeping the dancer in view) and relaxing a little, then once its changed direction it stays that direction when I look directly at it.

I was quite surprised my mind could do this, all as seems a bit Jedi mind trick to me.... next thing you know I'll be giving it the "these aren't the droid's your looking for...." :p

7. GilesC

GilesC Member

Yes, I can change it whilst looking at it, but I think it's more a case of not 'thinking' about what it's doing, and just letting the awareness be there, if that sort of makes sense. I think when you 'think' about it, you attach yourself to whichever direction it's going in and it makes it harder for you to 'break out' and go the other way.

Hugs

Giles

8. Mr Monkey

Mr Monkey Member

Yes, that makes sense, thanks :)

9. HaZe

HaZe Member

I tried making the dancer spin the other way recently. I found if you look at the spinning foot at the bottom and imagine it going the other way the dancer magically changes direction but then changes back after a short moment. Is indeed a jedi mind trick!
    If the direction of spin correlates with the side of the brain being used, i wonder should she stop altogether if there is perfect brain sync or just spin which ever way intended. Just a thought.

10. GilesC

GilesC Member

Well, she's not going to stop spinning because she's a moving image :)

However, the visual processing part of our brain has to pass through either left or right side of the brain for how it 'interprets' the image, so when we get to a place where we use both sides of the brain equally (though not necessarily at the same time), we should be able to more easily switch between one direction and the other.

Hugs

Giles