1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

New Experiences but feels like old

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by stretchingout, Feb 12, 2008.

1. stretchingout

stretchingout Member

Hi there - was quite strange how I found this site. I have been on somewhat of a self improvement journey the last couple of years and was always searching for something out there. I am a regular practitioner of Qi Gung which I really enjoy. Three days ago this thought just raced into my head that read "Meditation is the key" - not sure where it came from but I have learnt to act on such instincts. I have been working through the intro stuff and will be through this arvo and for some reason although new to meditation it seems so natural. My mind has quietened after only a couple of days and I'm just excited and what new doors will be opening each day. LifeFlow10 I'm looking forward to - is there a time span you are supposed to wait or just when it feels right?

:p

2. Patrick

Patrick Member

new experiences...

There are numerous entries about when to move forward, my experience has been to spend about a month on each "level". It seems the entraining process takes some time. My experience has also been that some levels are easier to listen to for that time than others. Right now I am on level 5 and about to switch.

Enjoy,
    PAtrick

3. Ras

Ras Member

as to when to actually start useing lifeflow for the first time, I would suggest a good 2-3 weeks of "normal" meditation. Of couse that may not be required for you if you find meditation comes natural to you.

4. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi there,
    I'd just follow the fast track which sets you onto LifeFlow 10 within a few days of learning Discover Meditation. Remember though you can always back up if you want. I would stay with LifeFlow 10 for about a month before moving on to LifeFlow 9. I used each LifeFlow track for about a month as Michael recommended. One last thing, I always do the gratitude exercise, either after LifeFlow or some other time in the day, preferably whilst I listen to the music. If I'm really busy then I do the gratitude exercise when I have a shower in the morning. It's a great way to set the tone for the day. Happiness and joy :) :) :)

5. Edwin

Edwin Member

Very true, the recommended timespan is usually so people learn to meditate really well.
    The better you are in meditation, the better LifeFlow will work.
    However it also works the other way, if you meditate well, LifeFlow will enhance your meditation tenfold.

It might very well be that your mind is "ready" for meditation because Qi Gung in itself is a form of meditation, much like Yoga.
    The purpose of Qi Gung, no matter what form you practice is balance between mind and body. Meditation does the same.

There is a buddhist saying: " There are 36.000 roads to walk, they all have the same destination "

I suggest you start using LifeFlow 10 when you feel you are ready.
    You might even want to consider listening to it while practising Qi Gung aside your regular meditation ! Or even better, build up your Karma credits in order to get " Creative Flow " ( you can also purchase it of course ) for your Qi Gung exercises !

6. stretchingout

stretchingout Member

Great replies

Hi - thanks for replies everyone. Muchly appreciated and will take all on board. I've feeling pretty comfortable already so may take fast track. Love the idea of doing Qi Gong to creative flow. Thanks again and will be sure to regularly contribute :D