1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

New begining

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by fourwinds_one, Jul 20, 2012.

1. fourwinds_one

fourwinds_one Member

Hi all. There's alot of info on this site and I'm grateful for all the contributions to my fellow practioners and my own practice. I'm not sure If I should have started a new thread with this or not but here goes.
    Problem: I can't get altered states.
    History: I became a member and at first an avid meditative practitioner when I found the free gift downloads in 2008ish (big thanks for that too!). I had great success with and enjoyed the benefits of meditation, but for some reason I got off the wagon. I apparently forgot about the wood cutter and took a long absence from practicing. Like 2 years. But, before this I could let myself get super relaxed and into deeper states consistently in very short time and it only took a week or 2 from knowing nothing to super deep states.

Now: I decided to pick it back up and have been trying to remember and listen and relistening to the mp3s but i can't seem to let myself get to the altered states. I knew coming in from my prior experience and the lectures to not "expect" and that altered states wouldn't happen every meditation session. However, I have been back on the wagon for a month and altered states are a big time no go. I find this disappointing to say the least. I can spend a 20 min session and get very relaxed and come out with a clear head but not those super clarity moments where time seems to stop and huge chunks of understanding are readily available. How do I get those back!? I'm gettin desperate here ladies and gents.

PS. I would rather not do it with the Lifeflow until I can do it on my own first.
    Thank you in advance and any input is welcomed.

2. Panthau

Panthau Member

Sounds like its this desperation and/or expectation, that keeps a wall between you and your subconciousness. Expectations kill every deeper experience. If you think you know something, you´re creating your own experience within your mind, and that keeps you away from the real experience.

Try to meditate, as if its your first time - like you dont have a clue what you´re doing. Try to put all the things youve learned aside, and just enjoy the moment you´re sitting there, without any thoughts about what meditation is and what it can do for you.

Atb,
    Pan