1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Need help with Meditation

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Frank_Bohl, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Frank_Bohl

Frank_Bohl New Member

I want to play college basketball. I've been working hard and I have seen progress. I'm being invited to showcases and even recieved letters from colleges. Yet latley i havent been sure on what i want to do, if i want to keep pursuing basketball or not. I learned about meditating and what it can do and I feel like it would really push me in the right direction and give me the right mind set, but I don't know what I should be thinking when I do meditate. I've tried meditation once and what came up is a basketball and how I feel about it. Help! What should I be focusing on and what should I think?

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

The point of meditation is to let go of any worry or attachments you have to thoughts. You don't need to think of anything in particular. Thoughts will arise when you meditate, but just observe them and let them pass. With continual meditation will come a clearer mind and greater awareness when you are not meditating (i.e. in your daily life) and this will assist you to make better decisions for yourself.

Hugs

Giles

3. Panthau

Panthau Member

I love how we repeat things over and over for the good of others.

Not like on other boards, where people hate you because you didnt use the search engine. I think this should always be optional... sometimes people just want an answer to their direct problem and not read about others. Thats absolutly ok in my opinion. :)

(as long as theirs someone that actually gives an answer. :D )

4. GilesC

GilesC Member

Haha, yes Pan, this forum is different from many others. On a technical forum I frequent, the answer is often "Is google broken for you?" or "Was it too hard to look in the documentation?" but that's because the point of the technical ability is not just about having someone guide you all the time, but about having the aptitude to know how to find it out yourself. With meditation it's different, because each experience is personal and each person is following meditation at their own pace, and there's no need to just read it from books etc. when we can help guide at a pace that suits that person.

It may seem repetitive, but that's ok in my opinion too.

5. Panthau

Panthau Member

Oh well, youre right there. :)

Still theres so much hate in forums going on, more often than not... this is a place of freedom and piece in comparison. :)