1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Need advice,anything is welcome.

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by physicalillusion, Aug 8, 2013.

1. physicalillusion

physicalillusion Member

So here is my problem,i work a construction job building fences & decks.
    It involves 80 pound concrete bags and a 120 pound Drill.I get exhausted & tired so quickly & when i get home i always am so beat so i go to sleep & repeat the same crap over again the next day.Ive bin trying to find the time to meditate without it messing with my sleeping schedule.I know how to meditate with or without a Mantra.I just dunno how to meditate when im on the brink of collapsing lol.I need the Energy meditation brings,but i dunno when i can.And as soon as i wake up in the morning i already get picked up so i dunno what to do advice would be awesome.

2. Panthau

Panthau Member

Hey,

Seems like youre fully into the job market slavery. Funny enough that 99% of all working humans work for 1% for just enough money to survive. And especially jobs like yours should be way better paid then any others...

If i were you, id change something regarding your work. But its easy to suggest something, and something different to actually do it.

We're all here to live in first place, not to work our ass off for nothing. There are a few companys that pay money democratically... where a bread baker gets 15.000$ a month. But the rest is just a job slavery imho.

Regarding your meditation, if you really dont have the time or energy to do it, then its a matter of priority. Ultimately its up to you what is important in your life and what not so much.

3. physicalillusion

physicalillusion Member

My son is Important to me,thing is when i meditated i was able to do my job effectively without wearing out so fast.I agree with you on the slavery part,im just really tired of being so beat all the time, it's also the Texas Heat which turns me into a red lobster almost everyday.The reason why i called off today is because i told my boss i need a day for my body to regenerate, yesterday was absolute Hell.While my Boss & a co.worker were inside the customers house under the A/C unit i was outside busting my chops.
    Don't get the wrong idea im not really complaining about it,what really just sucks is the 30 min i need to actually Meditate, & i can't even find the time to do that, so i dunno what to do. is there any meditation technique out there that can stop me from falling asleep when i try to meditate when i come home from work, or anything at all.:confused:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  4. Panthau

Panthau Member

A possibility would be to stay up 20min early and do the meditation right after the bathroom or so (when you at least are a little awake).

I dont know about your job, but what i do throughout the day, is the same as when im meditating... im concentrating on my breathing. That cant replace meditation of course, but it helps you to learn concentrate and focus on something - which again relaxes you, because your mind is not full of other stuff.

5. physicalillusion

physicalillusion Member

I would if i knew it wouldn't promote insomnia,because i noticed i pay more attention to the things that im thinking & from that my mind is always Lucid & awake but my body is totally relaxed.It pretty much happens on it's own.I also noticed that when i meditate when im really tired in a Half lotus position i keep trying to find the balancing point for my neck but my neck keeps dropping.at this point im already in a trance and my body basically wants to fall asleep.but my mind is concentrated aether on the rise & fall of my abdomen or the air flow in & out of my nose.I just have a hard time sleeping at night then.And i also tryed getting up earlier say about half an hour...Doesn't help i get to the trance state but im not as relaxed as i want to be it's so complicated...

6. Panthau

Panthau Member

Well, somethings wrong then. Meditation makes things easier, not more complicated. If you focus more on what you think, than thats a good thing, because you can reflect on the negative things you think. But meditation helps you to let go of your thoughts, and less thoughts produce less stress. Thats why i suggested to concentrate on your breathing - it also helps falling asleep. From my point of view, and from the information you delivered, thats what id suggest. And if you find 5 minutes a day (in a break f.example) to actually close your eyes while you concentrate on your breathing, then thats what we call meditation. :)

Again, thats just my perspective. Any other perspective is very welcome.

7. physicalillusion

physicalillusion Member

So in the past couple of days i was actually able to get a couple meditation sessions in.
    But today it was, very ...different.
    I started seeing rings of violet behind closed eyelids, i wouldn't say it was rings of light, more like a shade of the color Violet. I dunno if i would call that light but that's why im asking.
    I guess my question is am i making any progress with my sessions or is it just hypnagogic images as described in Robert Monroe's book? i dunno if anyone has ever heard of him or not but i guess im just looking for answers is all :)

Namaste my friends.

8. Mr Monkey

Mr Monkey Member

Hi,

Just a thought but meditation practicing putting space between yourself and thoughts/emotions. If you don’t have time to mediate in morning/evening as a dedicated session you could try incorporating mindfulness into your daily life. Mindfulness is sort of mediation as you go about daily life (ie not getting draw into thoughts/emotions). That way you don’t need to find time for it within you current schedule, you just do it as you go about your work/life.

I started seeing rings of violet behind closed eyelids, i wouldn't say it was rings of light, more like a shade of the color Violet. I dunno if i would call that light but that's why im asking.
    My advice would be to just treat it as something to observe during meditation, but I'm no expert.

Good luck with it :)

9. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi there,

here's a link to the "Principles of Meditation and Entrainment". It's helped many people here and I believe it's good to read maybe once a month. Hope this helps and wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)

10. GilesC

GilesC Member