1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

My true confession

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by beth, Apr 2, 2009.

1. beth

beth Member

Fifteen months ago my life was a train crash waiting to happen and i was to ashamed to tell the truth of how bad it was and i could not even look at my self. I felt haggard and ugly and very ashamed and addicted to alcahol and cigarettes that i couldnt afford. I felt ashamed and guilty cos i used to be nasty and angry a lot with my family. Then i found this community and it has given me a new lease of life. I thank god and michael every day because i no longer drink or smoke and i have learned to like who i see in the mirror. Its a miracle and i feel like i have a new mind body and spirit. I never thought life could be this good or i could feel as happy and the best thing of all is to see how happy my family is now with the new beth. I'm a proud working mum now and i have lots of time and patiense with my children so if anyone feels as bad as i used to dont ever give up. Thankyou for everything michael love and best wishes to you and everyone XX

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Ahh Beth, it takes a great deal of courage to want to change and I commend you on finding that courage :) You should be very proud or yourself and I'm sure others are ;)

I am so happy for you that you have changed the course of your life and that of your family's. You are not alone in having had addictions. I hope your wonderful story reaches those who have similar problems and gives them the hope and encouragement they need.

I wish you continued success, happiness and joy on your continuing journey :) :) :)

3. chris063

chris063 Member

Hi Beth, that is a wonderful and inspiring story, I hope you are very proud of yourself. Pollyanna is absolutely right (as always! :)), it takes a great deal of courage to admit to yourself that things are wrong and that it is time to start looking at what is wrong with a view to changing that.

I wish you much love, joy and peace :)

4. Bhavya

Bhavya Member

Bravo

Beth, I'm joining the chorus! That's so great, not only that you surmounted these addictions but that you've had the courage to share your story with others. It's the very best kind of help a person can give! :):):)
    May you continue to discover the blessings that the spiritual path can bring! We each of us, one by one, make a difference!
    Love
    Bhavya

5. elopez2389

elopez2389 Member

Same Boat

My life has been one of illusion, doubt, guilt, and regrets. Until I started to believe that the in order to change we must first look within ourselves, to be thankful for us first before being thankful for others. In doing meditation it has allowed me to have a bigger capacity for things that I could at one point not tolerate. It still is not easy but one day at a time.

6. beth

beth Member

Thanks to all

Just want to say thanx a million for all the luvly messages that made me feel so happy i cried xxxx Lorna just do what michael says and you will see a difference when you wake up in the mornings feelin as fresh as a daisy ;) love and best wishes to you all Beth XX

7. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi there Lorna,

as I said to Beth, it takes a great deal of courage to want to change and I commend you on finding that courage :) Meditating with LifeFlow has completely changed my life as it has for many others.

By creating the habit of meditating with LifeFlow you will gradually let other habits go that do not serve you well. I look forward to hearing your progress and I wish you an abundance of peace and joy :) :) :)

P.S. I highly recommend the gratitude exercise - Beth has posted somewhere that she loves this also.

8. everett

everett Member

let passive feeling go

i have the same feeling, my english(my mother language is chinese) is so poor that can't tell correctly, completely, even though i can read. i shame for my english isn't good, i shame for everything i did isn't perfect, these feeling changed guilty, guilty feeling is bad. last month michael told me let them go. then i command them go away from me, although the passive feeling came to me occasually, now positive feeling are around me.

9. Sweet_Iza

Sweet_Iza Member

Who is this Michael?your husband?...surely Michael's love and support has put you back on track truly sometimes Man is the strength of a Woman....congratulations...keep it up..happy for you:)

10. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

To change direction

Beth, is one of the hardest things one can do. Kudo's to you for being honest enough to see a problem and brave enough to change direction.

Everett, Don't worry about your English. I can't even understand Chinese let alone write or speak it. You are doing fine; we can understand what you are saying.

Sweet_Iza,
    Micheal is the one that owns this web site and the creator of the LifeFlow system.

gus

11. everett

everett Member

family

I find this is a warm family,although each of us has a different last name. we can get courage, confidence, strength from here. let's bless for each other. let's bless for beth to have every happy day.

12. beth

beth Member

Thanks a million my friends love and best wishes beth xx

13. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

Inspiration

Hi Beth,
    Your story inspires me very much. Could you please tell us newbies how you use the different levels of LF assuming that you have meditated to them all?

Thanks in advance,

take care

jim

14. `Tired`

`Tired` Member

Beautiful :)

15. beth

beth Member

I did the fast track jim and my husband added the gratitude music to the end of every track for us like pollyana said. I just did what michael said and i'm doing nirvana now. We bought my mum lifeflow and she is doing the same. I never dreamed that life could be this good and i hope it is for you love and best wishes beth xx

16. daisy3

daisy3 Member

Hi beth,
    congratulations for doing so well.i'm on my level 10 at the moment. i apologize if i misinterpreted what you said about how you used life flow in respons to Jim if i'm not mistaken, but so far my understanding was that we are supposed to proceed strategically beginning from LF 10 to 1. were we not? According to your saying you fastracked the levels with an addition of
    gratitude exercise to each level in the end.Is this possible? or did i miss something here. could you please confirm if i understood this correctly.
    Thanks
    daffodil

17. jodie

jodie Moderator

Here's the Fast track explained Daffodil!!!

Hi Daffodil,

Please find below the link to the fast track and how to apply what you learn from Michael's free meditation course 'Discover meditation' to your Lifeflow program.

http://www.project-meditation.org/c...rack-project-meditation-success.html#post1333

Hope this helps and remember to get in touch if you have any questions or concerns. Keep up the great work!!!!! :)

18. daisy3

daisy3 Member

thanks again Jodie for all your support,
    i received the link in my email earlier.Yes i found out that "discover meditation'
    has been created to fast tract meditation for the beginners to life flow but not the levels in LF itself.apologies to beth.
    yes will sure be in touch soon, i've been thinking if i should move to levels at
    a little quicker pace of 6 weeks rather than 8 weeks that i've decided o earlier.
    love
    daffodil

19. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

Time on levels.....

Hi Daffodil,
    Ya Jodie (and Pollyanna and Hana and Edwin and ...many other members) are first rate when it comes to support! :D

I too have had a "re-think" on taking 8 weeks on each level. I only spent 4 weeks meditating to LF9 before I went LF8 (although I listen to LF9 most nights as my wife is doing 8 weeks on each level as she drops off to sleep...we have a headphone splitter cable :)...
    I may take your great approach, however, and stay on LF8 for 6 weeks rather than 4. And gus (bushmaki) has a great approach of taking as long as he wants on various levels

All in all I very much love this product and this community forum regardless of what the Holosync camp says about us :).

shine on all

P.S. Hey Pan take LF guided meditation at your own pace....it is all good.....I'll will be pulling for ya through the years buddy!:)

jim

20. Ta-tsu-wa

Ta-tsu-wa Member

Daffodil

I was curious about your debating the speed at which you move from track to track. This is a subject that's been discussed more than once on these forums which is why I ask. Often the decision of "to move, or not to move" is based on the idea a person has in mind that they are moving along to "something better" when, in reality, this just isn't how it works. There's no prize waiting at the end of LF-1 (or any other track.)

There are benefits available to you at every stage. You could achieve whatever you consider to be "enlightenment" just as easily using LF-10 as using LF-2. By trying to get through the tracks as quickly as possible I'm afraid people often miss out on a great many of the benefits available in meditation as they strive to get to some illusory finish line.

It always reminds me of the martial arts, with their various systems of colored belts. When Bruce Lee first came to the US and began teaching martial arts he didn't use any colored belts which, he explained, had been introduced largely to cater to a western mentality that wanted a visible (and highly ego driven) way to announce to the world that one's skills were "more advanced" than another's by means of this color coding. Try as he might he just couldn't get it through the heads of his students that the color of the belt they wore (you could substitute the "level of Lifeflow" you're using,) was not a means of measuring progress in any significant sense. One day he got annoyed because he was being asked again why he didn't award any colored belts and he said something like, "Do you know what a belt is for? It's for holding up your pants, and that's ALL it's good for!"

I think Michael offered a suggested timeframe for progressing through the tracks just to give people some idea of what might be reasonable, not to establish an artificial time table for them to follow. Rather than planning on spending 6 weeks or 8 weeks or however many weeks on each track, plan to use as much time as you need. However much time is required, that's how long you should spend on it. No more is necessary, and absolutely no less should be acceptable. Some will undoubtedly require more time and some not as much.

What you're looking for in terms of a signal that it's appropriate to move on is that the sense you get when you enter into meditation with any given track starts to feel "familiar" to you. Not that it becomes intellectually repetitive, but that the "felt sense" at that level of meditation feels like a warm and familiar friend that gets easier and easier to enter into. If it was me, I would also check my progress once it began to feel familiar to me by practicing without the LifeFlow track as an aid to see if I was capable of entering into that same state of meditation all on my own. If it REALLY is a familiar state for you then you should experience a fair degree of success getting there with or without the help of a Lifeflow track. If you can't get there without the track then I would suggest your practice has not yet reached the point for you to move on.

If you move on too early, two things are likely to be true. First, you will definitely miss out on some of the benefits you could have and should have accrued on your present level.

Second, the lower levels of meditation are largely available only IF they are supported by a solid foundation built up upon the previous ones. If you have not layed that foundation thoroughly because you breezed through the earlier stages too quickly, then you're not going to have much success with the later tracks. You just won't have a solid enough foundation upon which to build.

So you miss out on earlier benefits and you set yourself up to fail at reaching the later benefits. That sounds like a lose/lose system to me, all in the misguided interest of trying to get through the tracks as quickly as you possibly can.

Take your time and enjoy the total process. Not just some imagined end goal, but all of it, starting right where you're at this moment. Spend as much time as necessary but not a moment less. Let your own progress dictate your personal timetable and you'll develop to your fullest potential.