1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

My story.... so far

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by Anni66, Dec 20, 2008.

1. Anni66

Anni66 Member

I am a 42 year old woman with an 11 month old beautiful baby boy ((:))))) in March this year my partner of 8 years and the father of my son left, choosing drink over us. As I am a strong character and take my responsibilities seriously I started a quest to change my way of thinking to find a way to financially and emotionally support both my new son and myself.

Initially I thought I could work from home and began searching the net for jobs I could do. I found a website detailing The Law of Attraction.. With more investigation I found this is indeed a scientific principle and people have been using this technique for centuries. So I followed the instructions by putting my wishes and dreams of changing my life out into the Universe.

After a few months things slowly started to change (for the better) even more surprising was when I started to believe more in The Law of Attraction coincidences (synchronicities) relating to my wishes began happening, and are still everyday.

My problem is trying to keep my negative thoughts and anxieties about when and if it will all come to pass at bay. I'm struggling to be consistent in my moods and sometimes allow depression, nervous tension and anxieties into my head which is interrupting my sleep patterns and hindering me in my need to focus and stay centred to allow this manifestation to take place, in it's own time.

I hope meditation is the key to keep me positive, grounded and teach me patience ;) I’ll keep you posted.

God Bless
    Peace x

Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
  2. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

Good on you anni!
    Keep up the good work. Meditation and deep breathing exercises makes it much easier to keep positive.
    Many don't understand the relationship between getting enough air and right attitude. It is vital!

"You live because you Breath" I can't remember who said that but it isn't mine.

gus

3. Anni66

Anni66 Member

Thanks Gus! :) When I get a moment I'll remember to breathe.. ;)

4. ian0204

ian0204 Member

hi

Hey Anni I think you will find a lot of people here are going through the same negatives and doubts that you are feeling.I am really glad to here you mention the law of attraction thing as I am just beginning to do it lately. Stay positive for your baby boy and yourself.When you feel down just look at his smiling face and remember how blessed you are All the best and God bless.

5. Breath

Breath Member

Surrender

«I hope meditation is the key to keep me positive, grounded and teach me patience » Thread, although I don't find it easy to maintain an everyday practice in meditation, I do feel it's helping for my moods (depression, very negative thoughts = a dense Pain Body... (Tolle)). Recently I have had this insight, as I was asking God to tell me what he wants from me. It came clear: Surrender. Nothing to do, nothing to accomplish: Surrender. A huge accomplishment in itself: the true key to liberation. Than I felt I bit guilty: « what if I do this, not because of love for You, but for my own desperate need to be free? » I am waiting for a new insight. Seems like the Ego is clever and finds ways to spread doubt, espacially if you are close to experience the Ego as unreal: « you’re not really doing this for the good reason »... Anyway, this might not make sense for someone who does not believe in the Supreme. I don’t believe in Him too. His presence just became obvious to me as I started a daily meditation practice. It's an experience of God, not faith. All this is giving me, for the first time since ages, a sense of lightness. I know joy is just underneath Surrender, and Surrender the only door to liberation. I don't know Thread if I have more positive thoughts, don't know if I am happy, but I know I am more at peace. Peace and Joy come from the Presence, the Being, they are more than emotions emanating from the Ego fonctionning on opposites: the happyness cannot exist without unhappyness, and so on. The Presence knows no opposites: the same for Joy, Love and Peace.:)

6. Anni66

Anni66 Member

Thanks Ian for your words of support :) and your right my baby boy does keep me positive, every morning when I walk into his room and see his smiling wee face looking so pleased to see me I know I am truly blessed and this gives me strength that has no limits and I know I will succeed in my quest. Not just for him, but I'm beginning to realise that I am important too and deserve and am open to accept and give thanks for the good karma that is sweeping through my life right now for the past good deeds and good person that I know that I am and always have been.

I'm so glad to hear you have found The Law of Attraction too. One thing I would like to say about it is.... 'don't give up, it may take time - If your heart is in your dream, no wish is too extreme. Believe, focus and have unwavering faith that it will happen for you' ..... and that you too also deserve this! I tell myself that everyday and more when those pesky little doubts enter my head!

I wish you all the success in your quest Ian, please keep me posted on how you are getting on with it. ;)

God Bless, Peace and Happiness

A x

Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  7. Anni66

Anni66 Member

Thank you Breath. You are so right, Surrender and just plain going with the flow IS the key to success in our quest for truth and freedom. 'Trusting' in our 'instincts' and acting on them, even if we feel unneccesary illogical fear, reach out to all the positive opportunites that are put before us. This is OUR time and as I said in my previous reply to Ian We Deserve This, don't question the reasons why we do, just believe that we do.

I too lost my way where God is concerned, but recently I truly feel he is calling me back to him and I want to follow, only problem is our choices in organised religion is mostly hypocritical to me so I will carry, share my faith and worship him and my inner spirit in the privacy of my own home until I am shown the way to true enlightenment and the path to his house that is right for me.

God Bless
    Peace and Love

Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  8. Breath

Breath Member

our true home

Anni66 you say: « I too lost my way where God is concerned, but recently I truly feel he is calling me back to him and I want to follow, only problem is our choices in organised religion is mostly hypocritical to me so I will carry, share my faith and worship him and my inner spirit in the privacy of my own home until I am shown the way to true enlightenment and the path to his house that is right for me.»
    - Organised religion is mostly hypocritical to me too. I think we are many who feel God, or Supreme Love, Presence, the Universe, Being, the Source, without needing to join a church. It's really OK to me. And now I have you to share this with, and many more...! Eckhart Tolle talks a lot about God but He is not attaches to any religion in particular. That speaks to me in a authentic way. It sounds real and true to me.
    Continue Anni66 to have this beautifull openness.:eek: Let's just BE with the Presence. Don't give up. Let's never give up on our need to go home, where seperation between us ceases to exist because it never did exist: we are all connected and God is our true home :p.

9. Anni66

Anni66 Member

:):):):):):):):) thank you. I had goose bumps reading your words. Peace xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

10. blueskygal

blueskygal Member

The Dynamic Laws of Healing - by Catherine Ponder

This book is a great book to use in a healing process. Catherine Ponder is the grandma of positive faith affirmations. She has walked her talk and was never into self-promotion like so many "gurus" today are. She also describes spiritual processes very well - like the process of chemicalization - which is the releasing of negative thoughts feelings and how that is likely to manifest in your life. I highly recommend all her books but this is a good place to start.

When I first began using affirmations I was FLOODED with negative thoughts. This is natural - as you are cleansing your system of "toxins" - at the time I just felt overwhelmed and thought it wasn't "working." The increased negativity shows it is working.

As for organized religion being hypocritical, remember we are all human evolving to spiritual. That is why there is hypocrisy in religion - it's not the principles per se but the living them out which we fail again and again due to our humanness. After all if we were perfect beings we wouldn't need these processes!

I saw this same rejection of 12 step programs because people weren't always following them. The fault was not in the principles, the fault was in the followers.

God made us for himself - which is why most of us humans yearn for a connection to a Higher Power. It is built into our DNA.