1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

My log: Will visualisation work for me ???

Discussion in 'The Law Of Attraction' started by Edwin, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Edwin

Edwin Member

Wow it's been a rocky road so far !

Well, meditation certainly does help, but every day financial problems tend to strain my mood too much.

As we all know, how you feel is the most important motivator to attrackt things, and an upcoming financial strain is getting the better of me, thus enhancing the problem !

The Dutch IRS wants a certain amount of money from me, as well as certain suppliers, and worrying about how to pay them is something I have to try to avoid.
    According to the LOA I have to even not write this down, but I will anyway because I think everybody that has been reading my little blog should know.

I am trying to convince myself that within a week I will get a HUGE order that will pull me out of my situation, as well as bring my bankaccount to the desired level to get me out of trouble.

It's hard to keep the faith in moments like these :(

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Edwin, when I was in a similar place as you are now I would walk to school for my little girl, and as I walked I repeated over and over in my mind (and with passion) "no matter how hard it is or how bad it gets, I'm going to make it." A great book that helped me also was "How to stop worrying and start living" Dale Carnegie. Through this book I learned to ask myself "what's the worst thing that can happen and can I handle it?" I think this allowed me to accept the situation rather than get in a state of worry and anxiety. The awful state that worry and anxiety create blind us from seeing the solutions and other opportunities that are always there waiting for us to find.

I am absolutely not belittling your situation Edwin. I know too well how hard it is. This is the biggest test of your life. If you can master your thoughts at times like this you can succeed. Keep your mind open to alternatives. Enjoy hugs from your girls and your wife, do the gratitude exercise, read a bit of "Think and grow rich" watch the secret, meditate, have some fun family time that doesn't cost you money, do whatever you have to do to keep your thoughts good. I found the times I didn't want to read some good stuff was the time I really needed to. I hope you find your solution soon. I wish you an abundance of happiness and joy :) :) :)

3. Edwin

Edwin Member

Good advice Pollyanna !

I usually have to get over these periods of gloom.
    For me the best way to do so is to fully immerse myself in this feeling, and crawl out by my own.

This works remarkably well for me, it always has as I am by nature an optimist.
    I just wonder if these small periods of unhappyness influence the LOA, these periods take about 20 % of my time and being happy the other 80 %.

Always being happy is impossible in my opinion ( not to mention extremely annoying to the people directly around you ;) ) so I think I am still doing it right.

Right ?

4. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Edwin, I think until we live consciously, whatever we choose to work for each of us is simply an illusion anyway. Until then, choices and attitudes will vary dramatically I guess, depending on the ego or pain body as good old Eckhart describes so funnily and well. You can watch him on youtube if you haven't already. Namaste :) :) :)

5. shesgg

shesgg Member

I visualize everyday but most of the time I am present and noticing the stillness behind everything in nature. I love Eckhart.

I did go through a phase of attempting to manifest wealth but it never worked because I was trying too hard to shoo away the financial struggles. I learned from Eckhart that what you resist persists and I was resisting financial difficulties bigtime, thinking about them everyday and all the time.

I am focusing now on my work, accepting things as they are and meditating every single day. I love it, I look forward to my meditation. I should be getting my second download within a couple of days and I can't wait to hear it!

Please continue to visualize but don't be too hard on yourself, Edwin. Do whatever you can to notice the answers being sent your way. They are all around you. Notice your breath and everything in nature without judging.

Good positive thoughts are coming your way.

Love/Light

GG

6. Edwin

Edwin Member

Wow thank you guys, I started this blog trying to help other people but never thought that other people might be helping me along the road.

I will check out youtube !

7. shesgg

shesgg Member

I read the book and took his classes on oprah.com this year. The classes are 1 1/2 hrs. long and there was 1 class per chapter. (10) You have to register but you can download them to your ipod or mp3 player or just watch from your computer. All free.

Watch A New Earth Web Classes on Oprah.com

Love/Light

GG

8. Edwin

Edwin Member

even tho I haven't taken any classes, I started to shift my focus on making money everytime I started to worry about my debt.

It works quite well, I am getting more work and have some very nifty ideas all of the sudden about how to get more people to notice my company.

I'll get back to you on how it works :)

9. meme

meme Member

Is it wrong to visualize when the other person is doing the opposite?

I am learing the LOA and statring to meditate using Michael's discs. However, I have a problem with knowing whether or not it is right ti visulize the healing for my marrige. My husband is also struggling with universal things but is pressing through with a divorce. How can two people look at this so differently?...will they cancel each other out. We had a great love which got misplaced. My desire is to start a new love together his is to keep us apart. Any thoughts on this. Judith

10. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Being present in relationships

Hi Judith, it may help if you watch "Being present in relationships" video clip by Eckhart Tolle. You can find this in the sub forum of Mind, body and Spirit. I wish you peace and happiness and hope this helps :) :) :)

P.S. I found the book "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle a revelation!! I believe this book will help you to deal with any situation in your life.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2008
  11. Edwin

Edwin Member

I want to be carefull with this one, that's why I didn't answer right away.

All I can say is according to the LOA, your emotions are an indicator.

If it feels good, you are doing it right.

If you feel bad, you must be doing something wrong.

And just like I shouldn't focus on my debts, you shouldn't focus on your divorce. Focus on having a good relationship with your husband. If it still doesn't work out, your working on having a good relationship with your husband just might leave you with a friend instead of an enemy

That way it's not your fault, there is absolutely no way with the LOA that you can influence one person. He has a mind of his own, and he decides in the end.

Hope it helps :)

12. Edwin

Edwin Member

Everybody has to deal with it when they have a job:

Work related stress.

Even tho I am now starting to learn how to let go of feelings like anxiousness, being stressed or other feelings that are bad for my health, there are times that it can get me.
    The stress I have to deal with mostly at this moment is financial stress, and even tho there is light at the end of the tunnel, there is a real possibility I might never make it out, from a business point of view.

However, feeling positive and knowing things will be good in the future is starting to pay off.
    There is a very good chance that, if I manage to keep my business going for just 2-3 months, I will get the orders needed to end all my financial worries, as the Royal Dutch Navy has shown interest in my products.
    Strange thing is that it didn't need much work from me, they wrote me a letter and I gave them a price for the services they required, and after a short 30 minute interview I was hired :)
    The only real effort I took has to have been my months long trying to work out how visualisation works.

I do have to find a way to fill in the gap between now and coming months, so I will have to visualise lots of money appearing on my bank account, but since I am getting results I think I know now how to do it.

Just thinking about customers giving me a call for an order they want to place gets me results within sometimes even 5 minutes !
    All the customers that were hesitating for quite some time now are suddenly calling me to place their final order, and it seems to be triggered by me thinking about giving them a call.

13. silent-tortoise

silent-tortoise Member

Live in the moment and be happy now.

just wanted to put my little contribution in here. Dr Robert Anthony said in one of his books that we should live in the moment and be happy now, which sounds like the practice of Meditation to me. By doing this we will be "vibrating" gratitude and the Universe, collective Unconcious mind cannot help but help. I have had great experience of this over the last few months. I would like to share my experiences with this Community when I can fully comprehend what has happened to me. Edwin, keep doing what you are doing. Live in the moment and be happy now.:)

14. Edwin

Edwin Member

Thanks !

It's always easyer to stay motivated when people encourage you.

Every now and then the "doom and gloom" thoughts try to enter my mind, and it takes quite an effort to change the way I feel.

I will keep on trying !

15. Edwin

Edwin Member

It's really really weird, but every time I follow silent-tortoises advice about living in the Now, and feeling happy and content with the Now, the LOA gives almost direct results.
    I can focus all the attention on the LOA on other days, and try for hours, and get no results when I am cought up in my mind with its constant clutter.

I am now trying to live in awareness constantly, and while doing that there is no place for worries, negative thoughts or feelings. I feel amazing during those moments.
    Awareness and meditation have changed who I am for quite some time now, and it feels more real somehow, the world and us.

Businesswise things are picking up, but not as soon as I would have wanted sometimes, but focussing on the Now has helped greatly in feeling better, and slowly but surely the LOA seems to work better as I feel better every day.

When I started this blog my main focus was on my business and the LOA, now I feel a shift going on in my mind. I feel the focus is on becoming the real me more than becoming a successfull businessman. I somehow have this trust that this will happen automatically as I grow spiritually.

16. Edwin

Edwin Member

Just started on LifeFlow 1 !

Amazing sounds, I feel like Jaqcues Coustau ! Anyone who has allready heard LF1 knows what I mean.
    Yesterday evening was my first meditation with it, and I can safely say I have not been so physically relaxed before in my entire life. I can only compare it with sunbathing, when you feel the sun warming you up from inside due to the sunrays going deep into your body to finally be turned into heat !

Nothing more to report, just that I had a wonderfull meditation :)

Oh yeah, I managed to stay completely calm during 2 small crisises ( hope that is a word, my Dutch is better :p ) at the business this week. I had them solved a heck of a lot sooner than usual too !

I feel as if, when I would have started to worry over them, it would have cost me a lot more trouble and money and effort to solve them, now things just seemed to "flow" right... can't explain it...

17. Imed

Imed Member

Hey Edwin, reading your post makes me really excited for LF1. I am only on LF 7 right now though so I got a long way to go LOL. But I know it's not bad that I have a long way to go because I know I will enjoy every single Level on my way down to 1. Just out of curiosity, how much time did you spend on each level before you moved on to the next one?

Love,
    Eric

18. Edwin

Edwin Member

I started on LF around december Imed :) Because I had been meditating before that, I did the first levels in a month, and later on moved to 2 months.
    I took most time with LF2, I think it took me almost 3 months before I switched to LF1.

I just followed my feelings, switched when I was ready.
    I also used to switch back to other tracks every now and then, I still enjoy LF10 when I am doing work that doesn't requiere much concentration. It's kinda like I am doing a form of mindfullness meditation during those jobs. I am pretty sure every job has "boring" chores, and those are perfect for this.

check this link Imed:
    How To Guide item :: Million Meditators :: Million Meditators

This guide really helped me to achieve a meditative state while working :)

there are more of those guides there, I liked a lot of them:

How To Guide item :: Million Meditators :: Million Meditators

Read all you can about meditation, get into it as much as you can, plan your meditations ahead, and the time you want to spend for it, make your meditations longer the longer you meditate, learn to use your breath in the daytime to relax, stop every now and then with what you are doing to just breathe deeply 3 times and go back to work... and read back this post every now and then :p

19. flossie

flossie Member

Hi Polly

i was just reading this and wondered what you meant by hard and painful way??? isnt LOA supposed to make the process easier etc? maybe i misunderstand it all so would really like to hear your views on it all

20. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Flossie,
    I hope the following allows the statements I made to be more clearly understood. When I read "Think and grow rich" and met some successful people who told me I could be, do and have anything I had a burning desire for, it blew my mind to be honest and fortunately I fell for it hook, line and sinker. I literally went on blind faith I believe.

Then came the battles and struggles :eek: The major one being, I already had a strong belief system (map of reality as Michael calls it) that it's very difficult to enter the gates of heaven if you are rich :(

I devoured books and tapes for self growth (I could write a book on this point but I will save you all the details) The outcome was that I developed a new map of reality over time and came to believe that there is absolutely nothing wrong at all in becoming financially independant.

Also, I had a deep burning desire for many years which was my personal prayer (Please understand I am not preaching in any way here, it is simply the way I believed at that time) which was "Dear God, please let me be a good mother and wife and if I had the power to help thousands of people, I swear I will never let you down")

Well, when I realized we all have the power I was on a mission.

Do you know when you travel by aeroplane and the air hostess tells you in case of emergency put your own oxygen mask on first before you help your little ones? :eek: well, I had a problem with this statement - it seemed selfish. :confused: Like all parents in times of hardship, you feed and cloth your children before you take care of your own needs.

Again I had to change some ways of thinking - I completely understand and accept this rule now - with flying that is, not food and clothing :p The point is I had to succeed myself before I could help others do the same.

Basically, I was £80,000 in debt and the bank were ready to reclaim our family home.

I made a vision board and made the following list of things I wanted for my family:-
    To live in the country, in a safe environment where families can socialize together and enjoy the wonder of nature.
    To know my children can socialize and not be around binge drinking and the dangers of what happens with this.
    To live in a place where the label of your clothes is unimportant.
    To run a family business from home and not be caught up in daily traffic jams.
    To say goodbye forever to a boss.
    To live within an hours drive of the beaches in a warmer climate.
    A swimming pool to keep cool, play and exercise.
    A lake nearby so my husband could relax while fishing.
    To walk through patio doors with our dogs and just keep walking in our own grounds and woodland so you don't have to bother with leads and you don't have to bundle the dogs in the car to drive somewhere before you even start walking :rolleyes: I know, but it's brilliant :) If I choose to take mini breaks away from the computer screen and walk among the trees in any type of weather, it's heaven :)

How I think I did it the hard way was I was hell bent on making this happen. I was totally determined and whatever it took I was going to achieve this for my family. I became all consumed. I worked under stress and pressure and made myself ill sometimes.

I made sure I always took time to listen to my children, however I worked unbelievable hours, never switched off and didn't enjoy or live in the now :eek:

Was it worth it? Without a shadow of a doubt - life is amazing - and it is so not about money because we budget more than we ever did - we use 2 cars instead of 4.

I am now working on bigger dreams and my true purpose which Michael has played a great part in. Although we have our family business (which we are still building), through Project Meditation I have the opportunity to help thousands of people. Michael even very kindly allowed my request to have a Law of attraction area on here.

I know I will fulfill my purpose and future dreams, however I will always take the time to meditate with LifeFlow, live in the now and smell the beautiful roses along the way. I know this was long but if it helps one person to find inner peace and fulfill their dreams, then it was worth it. I wish you joy and happiness on your journey of self discovery :) :) :)