1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

My log: Will visualisation work for me ???

Discussion in 'The Law Of Attraction' started by Edwin, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Edwin

Edwin Member

Hi guys and gals :) !

I have decided to "blog" my visualisation efforts here, and hopefully I will be able to motivate people to also start changing their lifes through visualisation.

I will start by telling you guys what I have done so far, and the things I experiance, both positive and negative. Feel free to react to my stories, and please help me where you can, I am just starting this and so far the results were not exactly what I expected... but here we go:

As you can read in Pollyanna's "What are you attracting right now" , I started about 2-3 weeks ago.

This is what I wrote down there:

2. Edwin

Edwin Member

And a few days later, I wrote down this:

3. Edwin

Edwin Member

For me things started to go wrong to my own feeling right about here at that time:
    I feel different now, because Pollyanna explained some stuff to me. I suggest you read the whole story here : http://www.project-meditation.org/community/law-attraction/266-what-you-attracting-right-now-3.html

4. Edwin

Edwin Member

Today it's januari 28 2008.

Last week, I got a call from my accountant, telling me that I was to expect a big bill from the Dutch IRS.
    I will have to pay this bill within 2-4 months, and this will put such a big strain on my company, I have to ( for now that is ) let go of my dream of buying the car I want right away. The car I am currently driving is falling apart, I HAVE to buy a new one.
    also, as much as I like how the chevrolet looks and drives, I am starting to dislike certain things about it, the most important one is the strain on the environment it will give. It is definately not an environmentally friendly car, and I do care about those things. Unfortunately we don't have Bio-diesel here, or I would have let the car get rebuilt for that.

Since I have less money to spare, my wife and me started looking for a different car, and we noticed this one: Citroën :: Citroën Grand C4 Picasso

This car will give the luxury I want for a better price, and ... out of time, will finish the rest tomorrow ;) work got in the way

**and I am back.
    This car will give the luxury I want for a better price, and my wife loves this car too !
    So, in retrospect, I think this car is a better car for me, most important thing is my business. I will continue visualising my business, and the Captiva with Bio-Fuel, and I can sit back and wait for it to come while I enjoy my Citroen Picasso :)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2008
  5. Edwin

Edwin Member

Januari 29

To finish my story, after having processed the disappointment of being turned down by the bank, I am starting to see that I was expecting results within a certain time.

Attraction is a process that doesn't have time limits or deadlines, so expecting results this soon was kind of silly.
    Also I noticed that since I was going through a time of crisis, I stopped meditating or at least didn't do it nearly enough !

Tonight I am going back to a full meditation every day ( 30-40 mins. ) and I hope to get my normal positive attitude back !
    I have so much to be gratefull about, and there is nothing wrong with wanting more out of life, but letting your wishes dominate your life the way I did really is a bad thing.

I will still be "gratefull I allready have what I want" during the exercise, and let the universe deliver whenever the time is there.
    The key here is to stay focussed, even when you are down, and not to give up, but it sure was hard the past week.

I will update this one in about a week, or whenever something get's "deliverd" ;)

6. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Edwin

Hi Edwin, message for you in What are you attracting now :) :) :)

7. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Edwin

Hi Edwin, I felt you were having a hard time and I have been thinking of you and wondering how I could help. My move to France which includes all my children and grandhildren which is 9 of us and 4 dogs was done the hard and painful way. I wouldn't have done it for money. It was a complete life changing decision and everyone has benefitted hugely from it. Through LifeFlow meditation and understanding our map of reality and resistance coupled up with a much better understanding of the Law of Attraction I am now doing "the happy version" as I call it of attraction. I just posted a new thread I believe will give you all the answers and peace of mind too!! Happiness and joy :) :) :)

8. Edwin

Edwin Member

I am now using Pollyanna's document for attraction, nothing much to report on that so far ;) but I did think it was important to tell that I have just purchased "Think and grow rich" by Napoleon Hill.

This book is in the list of almost every successfull person, both in this forum as well as outside of it.

I expect great things from it.

I read in other threads that some people seemed to think that tapping yourself into the abundance that we have around us could be considered selfish.
    I don't agree, I don't want to grow rich because I want a new Porsche, I want to grow rich so I can give my family the life I think they deserve.

Is it wrong to be rich ? I am I stealing from the poor ? I beg to differ. I make an honest living, and in the 8 years I have my own business I have never tried to doublecross anyone. I want to grow rich, but not that way !

If I were to ask for happiness instead of wealth, I might be considered to be selfish too, as other people are not happy and here I am asking for happyness.
    Well I am sorry, but this is my life, and for convenience sake I am assuming it's the only one I have ! As long as I am not hurting people around me, I am going to do whatever it takes to not waste it feeling sorry for myself or other people who bring misery upon themselves.

Growing rich is not the ultimate goal. Look at Pollyanna, she grew rich enough to enjoy life with her family without worries. She came from a place where she didn't want to be, and fought herself up because she didn't want to accept where she was at that time.
    That little house in a bad neighbourhood where she raised her kids is now probably inhabited by another poor chap/gal. One can feel sorry for those unfortunate ones, but not for another reason than that they don't have the persiverance to keep fighting for a better life.

I have my mind set on the good life, I don't need millions, I just want to not have to depend on banks.

Sorry for the essay, but I just had to tell you about this next step I took.

9. Peaceful Warrior

Peaceful Warrior New Member

go for it

Go for it dude!!!!

I don't think your selfish either. I think it takes courage and discipline to change the outcome of your life and I admire that greatly.

The law of attraction or whatever you want to call it is similar to meditation as a discipline. It may be slow at first and you dont really see many results but if you stick with it results begin to change your life.

If people would just have a little discipline for there own sakes, they CAN turn there live around applying the right tools such as LOA and meditation.

Problem is, I think many are more comfortable telling themselves things like meditation dont work so they dont feel a failure when they quit!!!

May sound a little harsh but thats my thoughts anyway...

GO FOR IT!!! Great book choice by the way. Pw ;)

10. Edwin

Edwin Member

Thanx PW !

I am trying to write down my feelings of the moment, and if you look at them you can see I have had some ups and downs allready.

Strange, I only started about 4 weeks ago with the LOA, and it allready feels like an emotional rollercoaster.
    I can now see why it is so hard to keep it up. When you are down it's even hard to stay on Meditation, let alone also practising LOA.
    I intend to keep going for it, and feeling committed to end this thread successfully just might be the nudge in the right direction I needed.

I just got the book in the mail, can't wait to check it out !

11. tanejavinay

tanejavinay Member

visualise with only pure positive thoughts

dear edwin i read this and i want to suggest you something, visualise step by step short and positive goals and you must find your goal . bless you vinaytaneja

12. Edwin

Edwin Member

Thanx vinaytaneja !

As you may have read in this thread, I recently purchased "Think and grow rich" by Napoleon Hill.
    He said the same thing !
    I wrote the goal I have down and I read it to myself at least once, preferrably twice a day.

Napoleon Hill's book really started something in my head:
    My life seems to be pushed into a certain direction, and I am assuming it is a direct result of the LOA. It is not even that hard to stay on track, the road seems to be wide and open at the moment. I am currently waiting for a response from my subconcious :D strange as it may sound.

Through suggestion I have ordered my subconcious to give me a "gold idea" and I have gotten a few allready that may be effective, but not the big one ( it doesn't "feel" like the big one so that's how I know )
    This all sounds a bit... mushy or "heads in the clouds"-like for a businessman, but essentially everybody does this in the same way, I have just gotten some tools that help me ask it the right way, for optimal results. Getting several ideas is a very pleasant side effect I didn't count on, but I am acting up on them.

Gradually I started thinking about a tool that is used a lot in business today for getting good ideas: Brainstorming !

This process speeds up the creative process immensely because ideas generate ideas that generate ideas.. So maybe using other people's brain more oftan will help me in the same way.

Sometimes a word or small sentence can be the trigger for something great !
    A small example:
    I have a lot of small orders in my business, and being so busy but not having the resources for hiring someone yet, I had trouble organising.
    My dad stopped by in the business, and said he had seen some very cheap bookshelves over at IKEA last weekend.
    Within a minute "SNAP" I got the idea of using those wooden organisers for magazines for all those small orders. Coming week we will be installing the new system :D

Until the next reaction, or my next result, see you in the forums !

13. Claire_pe

Claire_pe Member

Hello Edwin,
    I am ever newer at meditation and so I wanted to thank you for sharing your experience the way you do. I find it very interesting and motivating. Keep it up :)
    Be well
    /Claire

14. stretchingout

stretchingout Member

Abundance

Think and grow rich is brilliant. It is wealth the right way. I have had to read it 4 times and each time I learn a new lesson or three!

There is abundance in the world for everyone - we are the lucky ones who get to live during the information age when it is available to anyone.

You're on the right track!

:D

15. Edwin

Edwin Member

Thanx for your motivation guys :)

I am currently amazed by the changes that are taking place within me !
    Not only am I working more efficiently, is business picking up as if I started a huge advertising campain, I also started noticing life around me again !

I mean, my life is not just business, and I can suddenly hugely appreciate a sunset, or a brave little flower that doesn't care that it's only Februari here in Holland... Am I getting soft ? :eek:

I am so full with life at the moment, it's like a natural high... I hope this feeling lasts !

It looks like I might be twice as successfull with my business before June... it feels wonderfull !

16. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

That's wonderful Edwin, I am so pleased for you. You sound like you are immensely enjoying your wonderful journey of discovery. From everything I have studied and practised I think you are becoming the "new more efficient you" that will be ready to take care of, and be responsible for a bigger and better business.

When you say "I can suddenly hugely appreciate a sunset, or a brave little flower that doesn't care that it's only Februari here in Holland... Am I getting soft ?" I think this is a wonderful example of "not forgetting to smell the roses along the way."
    What a great example you are showing that life is truly tremendous - especially when we get away from the constant chatterbox through meditation and fill our minds with some real good principles like Think and grow rich and then put them into action. It's so exciting seeing people growing and becoming who they where truly meant to be. I wish you happiness and joy on your continuing journey :) :) :)

17. Alie Leek

Alie Leek Member

Dear Edwin,
    Today I've received this meditation-site of a friend. I've logged in and you know what ?? You where the first message I've opened. I am living in Portugal, but I come from Alkmaar. You where the first message I've opened. Coincidence ??? Who knows. I've also tried the positieve visualisations on some subjects. Difficult to stay in the good vibrations. But do you know what's funny? Sometimes you don't get what you visualise, but you get something what's more suitable for you. (in your case the Citroen). Or..... you find out that you are actually already happy with what you have . Greetings, Alie

18. Edwin

Edwin Member

Hi :) great to meet you ! I have 2 friends who are Portugese by birth !

Are you Portugese or did you decide to move to Portugal for work or pleasure ?
    Funny thing, today my parents left for a holiday in Portugal for a month :p Coincidence, fate, call it what you want, but it sure is interesting :cool:

You are right about the visualisation, it delivers based on a feeling, and when it feels good, you know you will get what you need !

19. vmadhuvarshi

vmadhuvarshi Member

Edwin,

You have already crossed step 1 of LOA by buying "Think and Grow Rich". I've no doubts about your success as I can see from your posts that you are dedicated to your goals whole heartedly. Nobody can stop you from achieving them! All the best for your efforts.

For those who want to read this book, please visit following link.
    PsiTek - Think And Grow Rich - FREE

This book is available free here.

Happy Reading.

20. Edwin

Edwin Member

It's been a while since my last post.

I will try to update my log this week !