1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

My journey

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by Furstan88, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Furstan88

Furstan88 New Member

I have been diagnosed with bipolar disorder and are currently in a depressive episode. A way for me to get some peace in my head is to write down my thoughts and feelings. After I got too tired of the papers everywhere I decided to make it electronic. So you can now follow my journey at Project Survival

Comments are more than welcome!

2. Jeb

Jeb Member

Wow... I am also diagnosed as bipolar. I have gone through the same mood swings and feelings you are feeling. I found out long ago that daily meditation is a big help to quiet my mind and stabilize my feelings. Since starting on LifeFlow I find I am more at peace than I have ever been before in my life. My meds are at a minimum and I feel ok. I attribute my wellness to LifeFlow, meditation, some moderate medication and a strong belief that all is well in the universe. If you need to talk, feel free to email me. You are not alone!

3. Coenrad Morgan

Coenrad Morgan Member

Your not alone, your in the right place

Hi Furstan88, Jeb

I am pleased to bump into this brave post, I’m supposedly Uni-Polar and worked with a Bi-Polar, my heart goes out to you guys, its such a misunderstood condition and despite their sometimes best intentions “cheer up – smile” isn’t helpful often its said just to get in your face and the temptation to hand out a “manual attitude correction” comes to mind but we strive to be better than that, non the less, it’s tempting sometimes.

I firmly believe that were all on the right track, realizing that Denial isn’t a river in Egypt, then taking ownership of both the problem and giving beating it or at first simply managing it an all out effort.

For me it started with being sick of “my story” as Eckhart Tolle puts it and being willing to do anything to change it. I have found Discover Meditation and LifeFlow to be very powerful, but also learned that meditation, just like therapy may leave you feeling worse instead of better for a while due to what comes up, but as we all know, if we don’t face what got us here, the weight of it will eventually become unbearable.

I have had to get serious about doing instead of thinking about doing so I am making daily meditation a must. What I have found is that things are as they where before meditation, but I am better equipped to deal with them. Added to this, I started a thread in “success stories” of all places, this commits me to stay the course and adds a little pressure which forces me to really try.

I wish you both the very best

4. Edwin

Edwin Member

I am convinced that, no matter what condition anyone might be diagnosed with, if you keep up your meditation, the benefits will become larger.

I don't seem to have a known condition :p but who knows, however after having meditated for about a year now, I know the benefits and where it will take you.

Imagine how you will feel in 20 years !