1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

My First Post

Discussion in 'START HERE: Registration & Introductions' started by Ar-Mitty, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Ar-Mitty

Ar-Mitty Member

Hello Everyone,

I just finished medtating with Nirvana and it made me feel so good I thought it was time to do my first post.

I have finished the LifeFlow series. I just wanted to tell everyone that it changed my life. I am 55 years young and have always searched for happiness. Well, I found it with LifeFlow.

2. angelroses

angelroses Member

HELLO
    glad to hear you have finaly find happiness with life flow...

i have just come back to the site after a long spell away,
    im getting there with the meditations,there very good..

like you,nearly the same age...im finaly finding happiness in my life,
    good luck on your journey...:)...kath...

3. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi Ar-Mitty and welcome to the community.

I see you're jumping into the forums as an experienced meditator. It'll be good to have some additional perspectives in the discussions.

So, if you don't mind us asking, in what ways has it changed your life?

Hugs

Giles

4. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

Welcome to PM Ar Mitty!

Like your forum name!! Has a cool sailor influence....ARRRR captain :) :)

I am really interested in your journey with LifeFlow as well. I enjoy the tracks soundscapes and the deep rest i get from my sessions that I do lying down. I tend to not get enough night rest time in so I usually lose awareness during the main sections of tracks but my thoughts are that changing to the use of a meditation stool in the future will allow proper meditation. At that time I plan to "go back" to LF8 because the lying down method started around that level. Perhaps I just love the deep, deep body rest that lying down mixed with entrainment gives :) :) :)

I tried L6 last week and it just took me deeper..........:) :) :)

shine on :) :)

jim

5. daisy3

daisy3 Member

welcome to the forum Armitty,
    I look forward to hear about your experiences with LF too.it's fresh to see how positive you are about life.

hi angelrose, Giles and jim.
    i'm on Lf 7 at the moment, tried Lf 6 after a month of meditation with Lf 7 yesterday, the creaky sound scared me and felt shaky afterwords , thought i'm not ready for level 6 may be because i missed some sessions with Lvl 7 and retreated back.

good going jim,I tried lying down once after work and was snoring in minutes,if i could stay awake with full awareness it would have been my option of position as well.may be try later.
    love and peace
    daffodil

6. Ravo

Ravo Member

Welcome Ar Mitty!

G'day Ar-mitty,

Welcome to the forum, I am now on Level 2 and this is my first time back to the group for a couple of months, feels good, have been mediating away and will be probably logged on for hours now catching up, forgot how much I missed this place and these enlightened souls, I too have had much life changing experiences since i stumbled across Michael McKenzie and the crew.

Cheers

Ravo:)

7. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

Hi daffodil and a Hi to Ravo,

Always so glad to read you guys on the PM!!!

I believe the creaky sound on LF6 is a woodpecker. As I have heard this sound occasionally over the years in Canada, I rather enjoy the inclusion in the track. My plan is to meditate "correctly" (not losing awareness because I am lying down) in the future. However, I do find that the extra ZZZZ (sleep??yet with entrainment????) and deep body relaxation observed after each level (each level the relaxation gets deeper) use is A-OK for me as i tackle various projects (unknown skillsets) on the household. This current pursuit has it's "good days...bad days" just as my former 8 year new product test contract cycle did in the lab at "former" Nortel. Even once I change to an "awareness posture" with LifeFlow use my plan is to still "mix it up" by enjoying the "lying down/mantra /breath start" use of LifeFlow as well. The deep muscle relaxation is just too good.

One thought that i just had is perhaps the lying down with loss of awareness mode may have indeed a great benefit in that the muscle mass is in an "off" condition during the release of various hormones that the entrainment is known to produce.

jim

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  8. Ravo

Ravo Member

LOL Seatrend

G'day Jim & all

Ditto Jim, I have from Day 1 meditated in the lying down position, I remember that I almost always fell asleep initially (I think I needed to) as I progressed I tend to make it through the 40 minutes and then blissfully fall into sleep.

On the couple of times I have tried to meditate sitting up I get too fidgety and cannot seem to get into the zone, so I have stayed with what works for me LOL

Cheers

Ravo

9. GilesC

GilesC Member

I agree, it's a woodpecker.
    Lovely birds and lovely sound. :)

10. daisy3

daisy3 Member

Hi jim, Ravo & Giles,
    thanks for the response, yes i agree the creaky sound is a woodpecker, i went back to just listen to the sound and it reminded me of ones i heard in my childhood and was certain about it.I will have to try the lying down position as you( jim & Ravo) make it sound so good,i probably gave up too soon after trying out just once. will let you know after a couple of try outs.

sorry this is out of topic but since you all are so easy to talk can i ask your views on certain delima i'm facing at work that has to do with changes.i'm asking after i've been sitting on the fence for a while .i know it will be what i decide for myself i.e if i reach one .I've gone through a lot of nasty time at work with all kinds of manipulative people.meanwhile i've done more studies
    and have obtained a couple of certs. Now i'm being offered other jobs with double my current wage and i can't make up my mind the reason being that
    there are some nice people old and new whom i've made good friends with who look up to me for professional support and are going through a rough time in their personal life.somehow i feel responsible for them. I've been contemplating change for a while as i wanted to be away from this one person breathing down my neck ,may be sitting on the fence actually might be my fear of change .how do i approach it ?
    Thank you for any response you take trouble to post for me.

Hi Amitty, hope you'll visit the forum soon to share your experiences.

Love and peace
    daffodil

11. Eady

Eady Member

I say make the leap I am doing that as well(not what exactly what you do) but trust me on this everyone else you feel responsible can take care of themselves they will have to look at it as an opportunity to grow and be independent.

It also depends on the individuals outlook on life lately I looked at my challenges as something to achieve and ascend to new heights in life I made a move that changed my life and everything so far is looking up its been amazing so far.

Remember we all may be connected in some way but at the same time every body is responsible for themselves don't feel guilty for something that is going to help you all I can say is if they care about out like that stay in contact with them that's the best you can do.

But that's how I'm seeing it right now as far as reading your post if you can do more than that knock yourself and go for it I hope you are happy whatever you decide to do.

May the powers of the universe bless you

12. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi there Ar-mitty and welcome to the community. I am so happy for you - at 56 years young (like your youth description by the way :)) I can honestly say that I am more free and happier than I have ever been in my life :)

There's an abundance of inner peace and happiness waiting to be discovered in each and everyone of us Angelroses - so pleased that you are finding yours :)

When I first began LF I too used to often fall asleep Jim - probably because I felt I enjoyed and needed the deep rest.

For a few years before LF I used to lie awake during the night for what seemed like an eternity and wake up feeling really tired - the alternative was probably HRT or some prescription drugs, so I just hoped that it would end one day :(

Because I now sleep like a baby :) (during the night) I very rarely, if ever, fall asleep during LF.

Daffodil, sounds like you are blooming, beautifully. I'd like to share this little story with you about my eldest daughter who is now 34 years.

When she first began school, she was actually in the same set as her cousin. She has always shown deep compassion, patience and caring for others (I know I may sound overseen, being her mum hehe) but I've always described her as "beautiful inside and out" Anyway, her teacher moved her to a different set because she was slowing her own progress by holding back to help her cousin.

The decision was really good because she achieved what she was capable of achieving and her cousin gradually improved more because he wasn't relying on her. They are both successful in their own fields today, share a great respect and love for each other, and guess what? she still has and I believe always will have a little soft spot for him.

Sounds like it's your time to bloom and grow now daffodil :)

Here's one last little story daffodil which has helped me tremendously over the years:-

"A man who was sitting sitting on his porch saw a butterfly struggling to get out of its chrysalis. He watched it struggle for a while and then stop. The man thought that it was so difficult for the butterfly to get out that he would make it a little easier. He cut the cocoon just a little, just enough that the butterfly wouldn't have to struggle so much. It worked and the butterfly crawled out easily. It had a big fat body and withered wings. The man stuck around to watch the wings spread, but they never did. Without the struggle of getting out of the chrysalis, the butterfly had not been able to pump enough of the fluid from its body into its wings. The struggle was what would have made the butterfly so beautiful."

I wish you all an abundance of peace and joy :) :) :)

13. Itlandm

Itlandm Member

Daffodil,
    I am pretty sure you know which answer you hoped to get to your little question for advice. And I won't hold you back. However, I will mention that unless you have checked this out beforehand, don't expect your new workplace to be free of sociopaths. Intelligent sociopaths naturally rise to a certain level of management exactly because the skills that make them so unpleasant to others can give short-term profit for the company or branch of government where they are employed. Sociopaths - the manipulative people who utterly lack empathy - are not simply demonic incursions into our world, but prosper because there is a demand for their particular approach. In any sizable corporation or branch of government there is likely to be some, usually in upper management or on their way there. So don't stake your lifelong happiness on getting away from them forever.

That said, you already know deep inside what you are going to do, and I wish you the best of luck with it.

14. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

Length of track

Thanks Pollyanna for giving us some more insight into your LifeFlow story. I would like to ask you what volume level that you use for the tracks? And also do you usually do the 40 minute or one hour track? Or do you "mix it up"?

Thanks again Pollyanna!!! Your help to all here on PM is very appreciated!!

P.S. Pollyanna I really liked the butterfly story. And daffodil "go for it lady"!!!! Your horizon was expanded by earning the certs. Now is the time to "spread those wings and fly into it".

shine on :):)

jim

15. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Jim, I almost missed your question, so apologies for delayed answer :)

Thankyou for your kind comments - I notice and appreciate how often you inspire others here. You are a great asset to this community :)

With regards to volume, I can always hear the soundscapes of each track but don't play them too loud - I think this is just my personal preference.

There is one exception I make however - when I listen to LF 7 over speakers, I seem to play this louder - not sure why though.

Just finished meditation session with LF6 and at some point I seemed to be in the garden :p The only difference, this time of the year in the garden is the absence of the woodpecker and the addition of the wood pigeons.

As for time, I nearly always enjoy 60 minutes, however, at the moment, my C.D. player is not working and so I listen to the download versions of 40 minutes.

Meditation with LF is truly an ongoing journey and I wish you an abundance of peace and joy on yours :) :) :)

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  16. Ar-Mitty

Ar-Mitty Member

What a warm welcome

Hello everyone,

Wow. Thank you all for the warm welcome to the forum.

Since my last post, I decided to switch from Nirvana to Awaken. I felt that I wasn’t ready for Nirvana. Those of you that have been meditating for a while know what I mean. When I go from one level to the next I can tell if I’m ready for the next level when I listen to it the first time.

GilesC – The list is numerous for the changes it has made in my life. The very first thing I noticed was how I react to other people’s drama and even my own. Now instead of getting in the middle I am the observer of the situation. I think clearer. I am been unemployed and working temporary assignment for over a year and I still remain positive. I try to remember some of the concepts from The Secret and remind myself that I am creating my future each day. Each level of LF gives me more insight into me, and the world around me. One more: I lost my husband 9 years ago and have felt like half of person now I feel whole again.

Seatrend8899 – In the beginning, I would sit in a chair, but my head would always wind up in a uncomfortable forward position midway through the session, so now I lie down. In the beginning I would fall asleep too until I changed the time of day to 5:30am – haha getting up early has never had such a reward. Now my days are incomplete without mediating.

Thought of the day: All that we are is the result of what we have thought (Buddah)

17. seatrend8899

seatrend8899 Member

Thanks PollyAnna and Ar-Mitty for the great responses! I can now head into LF6 with a greater sense of others "approaches" to the paths of our journeys.

jim

18. daisy3

daisy3 Member

Hi everyone,
    thanks for all the encouragement and support, havn't come to final decision yet but will get there, I'll probably wait until i put things in order unless push comes to shove .i loved the butterfly story,beautiful.yes, there is no short cut ,Thank you pollyanna.
    Armitty hope you'll keep posting more of your experience
    love and peace.

daffodil

19. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Just wondering how you are enjoying the gamma tracks Ar-Mitty? Also, are you going to continue using LifeFlow? I remember going back to LF10 and really enjoying a great meditation. Wishing you continued peace and joy in abundance :) :) :)

P.S. At our ages, (or any age for that matter) it's great to protect ourselves from many debilitating diseases and keep the longevity hormones flowing

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009