1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Moving Downloads

Discussion in 'Having Problems?' started by Locke, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Locke

Locke Member

This is my second post on this subject. The first, posted yesturday, never showed up.

I recently purchased the Project Meditation downloads, starting with LifeFlow 10. I downloaded onto my desktop computer and it plays fine. I really like it so far. But I want to move it to my laptop so I can use it somewhere besides my office. I copied it to a thumbdrive and then to my laptop but it won't open. The little talking lady in the corner of my screen said it was okay to copy it for my own use. Can someone tell me how to get it to open or direct me to who can help?

Thanks,

Locke

2. Michael Mackenzie

Michael Mackenzie Owner

Hi Locke,

You can re-download your current level of the program from the Download Center:

CLICK HERE

:)

3. Tech Support

Tech Support Administrator

Hi Locke,

There should be no issues with transferring the files via a thumb drive.

Have you tried to move the MP3 file instead of the zip file.

Tech Support

4. Locke

Locke Member

I tried that and I still got strange messages - but that was two weeks ago. I just tried it again and it appears to be on my thumb drive without the zip. Must be computer gremlins again. Anyway, thanks for responding. I'll let you know if I have any more trouble.

ps: I really like the LF 10. Feels like a brain massage.

Locke

5. Locke

Locke Member

Okay, I've tied everything I can think of. When I transfer LF 10 to my thumbdrive it shows up on the drive as the proper icon. It will even play out of the thumbdrive while still connected to my main computer. But as soon as I remove the thumbdrive (yes properly), the icon and all information disappear. I tried extracting the files to another folder and then moving them. Nothing. It shows it moving in mp3 format but nothing is actually moving to the thumb. It plays fine in the original download computer on any number of players, but it will not load onto the thumbdrive. Please help. This is not where I wish to play it from for optimum privacy.

Locke

6. Tech Support

Hi Locke,

This is a strange issue that I have not come across before, could you let me know what thumdrive you have and I can try and do some research on this issue.

Thanks

Grant
    Tech Support

7. Locke

Locke Member

It's the thumb drive. I actually tried two as I was working through the possibities. Neither would take the mp3 file. So I got out an old one with a small capacity, and it took it. Go figure. Got any ideas on why some drives won't take the mp3 file? Is it a format issue? I'm clueless.

Anyway thanks for responding. It you have some thought on why these two newer drives won't cooperate, or if anyone reading does, I'm all ears

Locke

8. Tech Support

Hi Locke,

I notice a few people are mentioning fake flash drives that where from ebay, hopefully yours is not one of these and may just need formating properly which I beleive you can do by right clicking My Computer and click Manage, in there you should see "disk management" and with your thumb drive in you can reformat the drive (I have never done this but a few people seem to mention this when you search around).

Also here is a link to ebay that mention the fake drives:

eBay Guides - BEWARE of FAKE 16GB 32GB 64GB USB Flash Drives on eBay

Hope this helps :)

Grant
    Tech Support

9. Locke

Locke Member

It's not a fake because I use it regularly. It has over 3 gig of files on it - mostly pictures and documents. For some reason it won't take the mp3. Curious.

Locke