1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

More than I expected!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by pollyanna, Jan 13, 2008.

1. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

I have already posted how I have followed the courses with trust to the letter. Something amazing happened yesterday that I had to savour and keep to myself for a little while. Although I have experienced lovely feelings of deep relaxation, weightlessness, joy and peace, there are often times when my mind has been full of thoughts and sometimes I have felt irritable and uncomfortable. A couple of months ago I began to simply observe the feelings of discomfort and although it's hard for me to describe I realized that I had a lot of fear and anger which I obviously supressed really well, even to myself. I remembered and re-experienced the death of my mother during LifeFlow quite some time ago and although I shed many tears during lifeflow meditation it seemed a really healthy grieving process and it wasn't painful at all. In fact it felt like a really nice kind of release. I observe and am aware of many more feelings both during meditation and outside of it. I think this is what Michael talks about in his report on resistance. I understand now that when I have felt irritable and discomfort during meditation I have been resisting and supressing certain things I did not want to deal with. By observing and not resisting, I feel a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Everything seems to simply becoming clearer and clearer. Yesterday the most incredible thing happened whilst I was doing the gratitude exercise after meditation. 24 years ago my mother died very suddenly at my home, it was traumatic for me but I had to keep it together and for my young children. For over 20 years I have been unable to remember what it felt like to receive a hug from my mum (yet I can clearly remember my dad giving me a hug) Yesterday, after a deep meditation I was lieing quietly with eyes closed, happily listening to the gratitude music and thinking of things I am truly thankful for and then I experienced the most wonderful hug from my mum. Tears of joy ran onto my pillow and I could have stayed there forever. It was like a miracle and today I can clearly remember what a hug off my mum feels like. I'm on cloud nine!! I just wanted to share this with you because I'm sure you have many wonderful experiences ahead of you if you are persistant and follow Michael's instructions as I have for almost a year now. Happiness and joy to you all :) :) :)

2. beth

beth Member

Dear Pollyanna the hug from your mum must have felt fantastic to you :) Thanks for all your help and I am following the instructions just like you said Michael tells you to. I dont remember feeling this happy in ages. Lots of love Beth x

3. BeSassie

BeSassie Member

More then you expected

What a truly wonderful thing. I am so happy for you.

4. pmoff

pmoff Member

Yes it is great