1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Mindfulness in Plain English

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by goodoljoshua, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Bhavya

Bhavya Member

Correction

I am noticing that I'm uncomfortable with my last post on vipassana.

Really, it's a marvelous meditation path which helped me a lot. Yes I had a few problems with the stuff I mentioned before but the benefits outweighed that. I also want to clarify that there are western (ie, North American) forms of vipassana which are very open and inclusive, eg, Insight Meditation Society in Barre. There are also many others. However for me, Goenkaji's form of vipassana is the most intense and allowed me to go deepest, for what that's worth. I also want to say that in all the vipassana retreats I ever took, the people were wonderful.

I think what drew me to Lifeflow is the possibility of going deeper without having to go on retreat. Concentration does come naturally with vipassana if you're in silence for 10 days, but now Lifeflow is here to help me have that in my daily meditations. I am grateful for that and grateful to all of you taking the time to share your spiritual journey. :)

Bhavya

2. bashmaki

bashmaki Member

Bhavya,
    I appreciated your frankness in the post previous to this one. One of the things that makes the book "Mindfulness: In Plain English" appealing is it's straight forward approach to meditation without a lot of gobl-di-gook about any cetain path. It is refreshing; the same goes for this site as well.
    thanks,
    gus

3. Glenda

Glenda Member

Moi

Hi Pollyanna, I know this isn't the right place for this but what does 'moi' mean? I had a disturbing dream where somebody called moi moi from deep within a black vortex. I have been very puzzled as to the meaning of the dream Gx :confused:

4. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

"Moi aussie" is french for "me also".

Hi Glenda and welcome to the community. Apologies for the confusion. I was only saying I will also add the book onto my list. Maybe in your dream it was your real inner self crying "Moi, moi. or me, me, don't forget about me ;) I wish you peace and happiness on your journey of self discovery :) :) :)