1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Mindfulness Bliss and Beyond

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by Karmoh, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Karmoh

Karmoh Member

Hi CatB, Bryan and all,

I recently talked about the book below and there was some interest.

So, I have a webpage link to download the first 5 chapters of:-

Not sure if we can post things like this - as it requires registration to download. If not I apologise to the moderators and they can remove this post.

I thought it maybe helpful.

Peace :)

Hi all,

You can now go straight to the download page circumventing the email reg page.

The password is Shanti (case sensitive) for both

Mindfulness, Bliss and Beyond by Ajahn Brahm

The Guide to the Bodhisattva’s Way of life by Shantideva

Enjoy

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  2. Bryan555

Bryan555 Member

Hi Karmoh...

Got the download. Much thanks. It certainly will be helpful. And it certainly looks like the rest of the book would be very much worth having, too.

Your thoughtfulness is much appreciated...:)

3. Karmoh

Karmoh Member

Thanks bryan,

Its now very cheap at amazon Mindfulness, Bliss, and Beyond: A Meditator's Handbook

peace :)

4. Hazelkay

Hazelkay Member

Hi peoples

I have this book at home and can highly recommend it, especially if you are working with the jhanas.

Ajahn Brahm is coming to the UK in October and giving some public talks and a one day retreat. If you put Ajahn Brahm UK into your browser you can find where he is , when.

Sorry about not providing a link - I'm very ungeeky when it comes to computers:rolleyes:
    peace and joy:)
    H

5. Karmoh

Karmoh Member

Hi Hazelkay,

wow! I have a friend who first introduced me to Ajahn Brahms dharma talks on you tube. My freind and his wife were lucky enough to travel to western australia and go on a 9 day retreat with Ajahn Brahm as the teacher.
    Although they said is tough, up at 4am, and only one meal before midday.The level of teaching and mediation instruction was superb, they came away on clouds.
    Ajahn Brahm has been getting a raw deal from the traditionalists in Thailand. Because he broke a centuries old doctrine of no women being ordained as monks. He has ordained several now. Caused quite a stir.

Peace :)

6. Hazelkay

Hazelkay Member

hi Karmoh,

I was talking to my husband about this. Although my first reaction was 'right on man!' he was less enthusiastic, though not opposed to the ordination of women.
    He said that one of the 'cardinal sins' spoken of by the Buddha was creating a schism in the Sangha.

Politics pervades everything.

Did you know that you could download a nine day course from Ajahn Brahm's website? It has guided meditations, discourses etc.

peace and joy:)
    H

7. Karmoh

Karmoh Member

Hi hazelkay,

Ah! Yes, I can see your husbands point.

I think he’s really still an English liberal boy at heart, going through university on a scholarship, he probably still has those slightly free thinking liberal ideas of freedom.

Peter Betts AKA Ajahn Brahm that is not your husband[FONT=&quot] ;)

peace :)
    [/FONT]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
  8. Karmoh

Karmoh Member

9. 100877jamie

100877jamie Member

Hi Karmoh, Just wanted to say a big thanks.

I saw a post you placed a while back and you suggested a link to Ajahn Brahms weekly youtube dharma talks.

Well i must just say I am now an avid fan of his and listen to a dharma almost daily whilst i walk my dogs.

I love it and for somebody who never understood Buddhism before its really helping me to live in a much more forgiving way.

cheers mate:)

10. Panthau

Panthau Member

Thanks a lot! I just got a lawsuit of about € 6000,- against me because i shared the wrong ebook, hope this one is really free :)

Anyway, good timing as i just finished my last book - thanks again!