1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Midnight Express

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by beth, Jan 16, 2010.

1. vivi@n

[email protected] Member

W H A T A N I C E T R I P ! ! !

I enjoyed it the most! I loved it!
    Maybe cause Im new to Life Flow!???

Actually I hadnt realize that it had to be listened at midnight. It was a little earlier. May I listen to it again after midnight or it will be an overdose?

Everytime the sound was getting lower I was anxious. Did it end? I want some more. Hopefully it didnt yet. So happy I am!

Firstly I was travelling by this very train through villages and wonderful green nature landscapes. Then I started to fly above them. And after then I was flying into the universe amongst stars and planets...:)

2. Ras

Ras Member

You dont have to listen to it at midnight ;)

But of course as with every other form of meditation you can indeed overdo it, but as long as you just take it easy at first there shouldnt be a problem

3. newyorker

newyorker Member

Michael, you've impressed me yet again. Your generosity knows no bounds. The midnight express is awesome, thankyou my friend NY

4. Michael Mackenzie

Michael Mackenzie Owner

5. aussie

aussie Member

I ditto that newyorker, thanks michael :D

6. beth

beth Member

Thankyou Michael I cannot wait, love from Beth XX

7. `Tired`

`Tired` Member

Wow, nice and thank you for the track! I'm not sure if it's just me or what is going on but for some reason the track reminded me of two Hendrix tracks, 3rd Stone from the Sun and Are You Experienced. At any rate those are two of my most favored songs ever so I guess it's all good. Hendrix, for the record, during one interview stated that he was striving to make purely positive music (if he had of lived long enough). I'm pretty sure if he had lived on and kept on messing around at Electric Ladyland he might be into this. ;)

Oh well, off the beaten path as usual! The track is quite peaceful and familiar too, so I'm all smiles here!

Thank you Michael!

God Bless!

8. rylanand

rylanand Member

Hi Michael,

Thanks very much for sending the Midnight Express. I am using it for the last two days. Its wonderful. A difference I noted is that the Midnight express is having lesser volume level compared to the Life flow, and it sounded a bit baseier in tone. Hope this is OK.

Thanks and best regards,

Anand.C :)

9. Tomarn

Tomarn Member

Midnight Xxpress

Midnight Express transported me back 50 years to those long train journeys through England when going home on leave. The relaxing thoughts of trying to sleep to cut the journey time down came back to me as I lay there in the dark with my headphones on. Memories long gone came flooding back and I could almost feel the swaying of the carriages. Thank you Michael for that gift of "midnight express", it was truly a journey dowm memory lane.

10. chris063

chris063 Member

Many thanks for the new version Michael, I didn't have any issues myself with the first one but I am nontheless looking forwards to experiencing this one!

Chris :):):)

11. Tomarn

Tomarn Member

Similar conditions were experienced on other meditation tapes i've used in the past, from irratible to headaches, sometimes ripping the headphones off after a short duration. I solved the problem by simply lowering the sound to a comforting level.. no more headaches..hope this helps.

12. Tomarn

Tomarn Member

I heard the same gaps but after a while i got the impression that the 'gap' seemed to be the train going off into the distance then slowly returning to normal. I had no break in sound as I use headphones and after a while i listened for it..

13. msssl

msssl Member

I appreciate very much that you are sharing with us so freely your new tracks and I believe it can have amazing effects but please don't mind my remark: train noises are hardly what I want to hear unless necessary

14. Taranwen

Taranwen Member

Choo Choo ...Zzzzz

Dear Michael

Thanks for this fantasic track I think I will be puting it on my ipod for evening use when i cant get to sleep its so relaxing !

Really apreciate it !

15. bakol

bakol Member

Sound complexity

Hi folks

First post here.

I'm on LF8, and a newbie to Lifeflow and entrainment, yet quite experienced as a practitioner of meditation. (15years or so).

Being the lazy dude I am, entrainment seemed like the way to go.

As I have been enjoying the different Lifeflow tracks, the Midnight Express seemed like a whole new experience. I have no way of measuring, but it felt definately like there was more than one brainwave frequency targeted for entrainment. In addition, I felt as if there was some sort of progression or change in the track. The general feel was one of higher frequency than LF 8 or 9. I almost felt euphoric, yet not meditative. Only later in the track, after 20 min did I feel a significant drop in "activity".
    In addition the makeup of this track feels much "richer" and "thicker" in lack of a better word, as if the brain gets a whole workout...

These are just some general impressions, and I'm probably way off scientifically.

Sorry for ramblin.

Anders

16. GilesC

GilesC Member

Well, it's just finished downloading the new version of it, taking another hour+. I've just got to burn it to a CD and then I can get around to listening to it and see what all this fuss it about. :D

Hugs

Giles

17. Zen in Heels

Zen in Heels Member

Hi there,

I just thought I'd bob in and say how fantastic Midnight Express is. I've been listening to it every day since I first downloaded it and I've been stunned at the effect.

I'm actually a Holosync user, and have been for 2.5 years (I'm on Purification 1), but since using Midnight Express I've been considering getting Lifeflow and exploring what it can do. I suffer from severe anxiety and depression, and Midnight Express has been getting right to the heart of it, but the way it relieves it is much gentler than I've found with other programs.

Very impressed, and thank you so much for offering this recording for free!

Zen in Heels

18. GilesC

GilesC Member

Well I've listened to it over headphones whilst reading (not yet whilst meditating). Very nice track.

However, I can agree with the people who have said they can hear voices on it (on the other thread: http://www.project-meditation.org/c...x/2381-midnight-express-issues.html#post12436). It really does sound like there's someone there talking in the background, very faintly, and I too had to check that my partner wasn't speaking to me.

Hugs

Giles

19. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Welcome to the community Zen, I'm so pleased you are enjoying "Midnight Express" Maybe check out Michael's free course Discover Meditation - it's a great complete course and Michael talks you all the way through it. There's also a gratitude exercise on this course that many people here benefit from.

I wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)

20. Zen in Heels

Zen in Heels Member

Hi Pollyanna,

Thank you! I have considered the course, but since I've spent years training in meditation at my local Buddhist centre and attend Sangha there, I wasn't sure whether I would learn more.

Z xx