1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Midnight Express

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by beth, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Edwin

Edwin Member

I am also very interested in the build-up of this track.

I am not sure if it was you, Ta-tsu-wa or an old post made by ~Raven~, but I recall one of you saying that there was this freeware program that could be downloaded that could make the entrainment waves visible in some way...

2. Michael Mackenzie

Michael Mackenzie Owner

LifeFlow Midnight Express

The LifeFlow Midnight Express track is creating an awesome response, far more than I had anticipated. You may be surprised to know this Alpha track is within the 10Hz range, it incorporates the exact technology as all the LifeFlow tracks except for the masking sounds.

You can use this track in the same way you use LifeFlow and at any time of day you choose.

Itlandm is correct, you will only ever receive anything from me which will work with the LifeFlow series and how it is specifically designed to be used.

I am using extra servers to deal with the huge demand to ensure availability for everyone.

Ta-Tsu-Wa, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your awesome article “Principles of meditation and Entrainment” It’s on my “to do” list to have this presented along with a number of great threads by yourself and other members.

I wish you all huge success and thank you for all your wonderful emails,

Michael

P.S. I have something ground-breaking to share with you so keep your eyes on your mailbox

3. Itlandm

Itlandm Member

(Deleted - not relevant after Michael's post.)

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  4. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Itlandm, I think you and Michael must have posted at the same time, wishing you peace and joy :) :) :)

5. Panthau

Panthau Member

Im also throwing in a thank you for this free track! It gave me a very intense experience.

Thanks Ta-tsu-wa, as im having these optical migraines every few years your information was of interest for me too.

Edwin, you probably mean Bavsa.

6. Itlandm

Itlandm Member

Yes, I seem to have spent a bit too long composing my comment. (I write while my computer is busy merging databases.) I am glad to see the cat is out of the box, as it were. I knew this could not be some kind of extreme frequency, but listening to it after midnight just did not work for me. I guess I took the name a bit too literally...

I take it this is Project Meditation's new flagship demo, then? With the new high bitrate and long duration, this could really bring the newest generation of brainwave entrainment to the people. I'll be sure to spread the word, but I think I'll wait and see the other "secret weapon" first!

7. CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown Member

Just wanted to say “thanks” for the track, first of all.

I have a little problem using it, and I was wondering if I am the only one experiencing it: while listening to it, I hear every 10 or so seconds a kind of “gap”, which is probably when the sample used for the train noise is joined with itself to create the longer sound track. This is distracting me tremendously, because it is interrupting the flow and it happens every 10/12 seconds, and every time it happens I cannot avoid focusing on it, and even worse anticipating it (“ok, now it’s coming…”) – it is like listening to music with hiccups. Don’t know if I managed to make myself clear…

Is it just me?

Thanks in advance for any reply,

Charlie

8. andy_darby

andy_darby Member

Midnight Express reminded me of being on a long, late train journey and drifting into that hypnotic, peaceful state between wake and sleep. Very relaxing - I almost missed my stop...

Thank you for this :)

9. JohnnyAngel59

JohnnyAngel59 Member

I must say I am very very pleased with the free 'Midnight Express' I find it very relaxing indeed. I'll be honest and when I first put it on I didn't think it was much but after playing it hey I'm hooked on it. i've played it every day since
    Thanks
    John:)

10. islovin

islovin Member

Thank you for the Free Midnight Express track.

I am currently on Level 5 of the regular lifeflow program and so far...level 5 is my favorite. I guess I just love the sounds of the beach.

I downloaded the midnight express track the minute it became available. First to my computer and then to my ipod which is where I keep all my Lifeflow meditation tracks. I had no trouble with the download to either device.

I usually meditate at night before going to sleep. Since it was after midnight I decided to just meditate to the midnight express track. It was a very deep peaceful meditation. I am not sure if this was due to my own anticipation or if there is something new about it.

I was very curious to know the frequency of this track. The next night I did level 5 and then the midnight express. I realized that this track was definitely at a higher brainwave frequency because of the change in my meditative state once the track switched from level 5 to midnight express.

Very enjoyable I will probably be using this as, a morning meditation and the deeper lifeflow levels as, a before sleep meditation.

Thanks again for the midnight express track. Utilizing the track in the way that I did made me realize how my meditation practice has truly advanced over the last year and a half, mostly thanks to my Practice with Lifeflow.

Irene

11. lizirons

lizirons Member

I heard the glitch, too.

CharlieBrown, I also heard the glitch you are talking about. I am a sound editor, and I believe it is probably caused by a sloppy edit in one of the tracks, where thy looped the effect on that track. It bugs me, too.

Other than that, I love the Midnight Express track. Very deep.

12. enlighteneduk

enlighteneduk Member

Thanks Michael for this new track. Havent had a chance yet to listen to more than a couple of minutes, but much appreciated and looking forward to the exciting revelation you appear to be making tomorrow!!

Heather

13. sox223

sox223 New Member

:) hello, and thank you for the train ride! It was calming and a great way to end the day. What a great background to my inner meditations before bed. THANKS! sox223

14. princess karen

princess karen New Member

yes i also noticed this so it isn't just you. i compare it to a record with a scratch in it, very subtle but you come to anticipate it. it happens when track is changed or added to, i'm not into all the specific terms but it does spoil it for me too...

15. Ras

Ras Member

I only tried the new track once but I had the exact same thing... I kinda got over it after a while but when i knew the 30 mins was almost up (i guess around 25 mins in) I started wondering if the track stopped everytime it happend. I am sure there is a good reason that the track is made like this, but its still a shame that the track itself distracts from the meditation :)

Other then that I very much enjoyed it! Thanks a lot!

16. Cogito

Cogito Member

Cogito

That hiccup sound reminds me of a subliminal sound when it starts. I have listened to many subliminal sounds, and it has the same sound.

17. CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown Member

Thanks to all who replied to my post - happy to know the hiccup is not just in my head :)

I may be wrong, but I think it's more an editing problem than a subliminal track...

18. Almaz

Almaz Member

Thank you!

I enjoyed the Midnight Express. It's awesome. Thank you very much!
    You know, I'm studying for the USMLE (medical license). It's tough job. Do you have something for memory and concentration? Thank you a lot.

19. mobymag

mobymag Member

gap

Charlie, You are not alone in this experience. My son listened to it and this was his experience also. I, however, was not aware of it while I listened.

20. Ta-tsu-wa

Ta-tsu-wa Member

I think the information you're referring to might be in one of the Golden Threads.