1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Midnight Express

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by beth, Jan 16, 2010.

1. beth

beth Member

Just want to say thankyou for the new track Michael and 2010 is looking fantastic thanks to you and lifeflow. I just want you to know how much you have helped me and all my family and we are really grateful to you. I have a question please regarding the chart in the link here

http://www.project-meditation.org/c...ct-meditation/22-brainwave-states.html#post38

just wondered which level the new free track is. Meditated with it this morning and loved it. Thanks again and we wish you and your family all the best for 2010 with love from Beth XX

2. Still Waters

Still Waters Member

Yes I was wondering where it 'fitted in' as well. Going to meditate with it now :)

3. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Thanks Michael, I just had a lovely deep meditation to the Midnight Express and it's now added to my invaluable collection :)

While you are waiting for an answer to the frequency of this track (may take till Monday?) Why not post which frequency you think it is after meditating with it just for a bit of fun?

Peace and joy to you all :) :) :)

4. Bhavya

Bhavya Member

Help with Midnight Express

I'm away from home so am using someone else's computer. I tried to listen to Midnight Express on this PC with headphones but can only get sound on the right headphone. Does anyone have any suggestions? I tried sending the file to my IPod but it never 'arrived' despite the computer's saying it sent it............I don't want to resynch my entire library on my pod cuz I would lose all the other files already on it

Any suggestions for this neophyte would be much appreciated :)

Bhavya

5. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi there Bhavya - it's available until the 25th - I'm sure Michael or Jodie will make whatever possible for you :) dashing off shopping - sorry for brief reply - wishing you much peace and joy :) :) :)

6. merlin

merlin Member

Love midnight express Michael, thanks a million :D

7. jdminn

jdminn New Member

Ah, good--the new track is getting discussed. :)

I listened to Midnight Express last night [using the same player/headphones I listen to my other tracks on without a problem] and the sound seemed to cut out at times, spike oddly at others and from time to time I could hear a voice(s) in the background, just at the edge of hearing. Really annoying. In any case, by the end of the track, I was restless and...not irritable, I guess, but definitely out-of-synch.

Did anyone else have these problems? :confused:

Like others, though, I'm curious to see what level this track is targeting. I'm also wondering if he included some subliminal affirmations or some such in the recording.

My vote for the frequency: low gamma somewhere near 40Hz.

8. Coenrad Morgan

Coenrad Morgan Member

Midnight Train to Epsilon?

Hello E-Mamma,

I can concur, "Midnight express" was enjoyable, I have feeling that other than LF7, its going to become a favourite.

As for the bit of fun you suggest, I am guessing its the Epsilon (Below 0.5Hz) frequency range Michael was talking about in this post:http://www.project-meditation.org/community/meditation-chatter-box/645-gamma-waves.html

9. Cogito

Cogito Member

Cogito

I have used Midnight Express twice. Does it have a subliminal track?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  10. ausgezeichnet

ausgezeichnet Member

Midnight Express...

Hi all...
    I'm currently on LF 9,taking 2 months for every level since I started last autumn.
    Yesterday I tried the new midnight express sample and I must say....WOW.
    I got into such a deep state like I never or rarely got before. In fact, even after it stopped it felt like I continued sitting for some minutes because I was so deeply relaxed.
    At first it didn't feel quite so intense, much like level 9, but at some point it stopped my thoughts literally and the fact that the train noise intensified towards the end really knocked me out.
    I believe that I read that Lifeflow usually is not ramped, but with this sample I had the clear impression that the effect got a lot stronger towards the end.

Now...in what sense is this different to the "normal" Lifeflow levels?
    Are later levels of lifeflow similarly intense? In the addititonal info about Midnight express I read that the first levels of lifeflow are for Alpha brainwaves, while the laters are for Theta and Delta waves.
    What is the Midnight express then?

Thanks for any responses.
    Bernd

11. GilesC

GilesC Member

I haven't got to try it yet. It seems the file is hosted differently to the normal Lifeflow files so it's taking forever to download. The Lifeflow tracks downloaded in minutes and this one is taking nearly an hour.... still waiting ... :rolleyes:

12. chris063

chris063 Member

Hi Giles, it might be worth cancelling and starting again. It took a little over 5 minutes for me to download, but I've had problems with other files before which seemed to be taking forever. When started off again, they went through no problem (they weren't LifeFlow downloads though).

I agree with what others have already said about the Midnight Express track, I listenend to it twice yesterday but only meditated one of those times, and reached a beautifully deep, peaceful state very quickly. I loved the way the track faded in and out, left me on a really quiet 'high' in the quietest moments! I think it is a great track to keep handy for stressful times, and the half an hour is for me a perfect length too.

Many thanks for the wonderful Journey Michael :):):)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  13. ausgezeichnet

ausgezeichnet Member

Hi all...
    Tried it for the 2nd time today....I felt sick afterwards....could also be something else, I guess. It just happened to start after the midnight express, also a slight headache...
    Could it be so potent? Have started meditation in June 2009.
    regards,
    Bernd

14. mospnb

mospnb Member

No half an hour trip

Hi Chris, after several attempts I at last managed to download Midnight Express. However, the track is only 2min 46 seconds, yet you say the 30 minutes “is a perfect length for you”. I repeated the download, but still only 2 min 46 seconds. When I started with the download I noted the track is approximately 63Mb, but after approximately 6.3Mb the download shows it is complete.

Could you or anyone else please give an answer?

I am realy looking forward to try out the Midnight Express. I am using LF10 for about a month now, but fall asleep within 5 minutes every time. I definitely relax when listing to LF10, but do not know if there will be any benefit If I fall asleep every time?
    :confused:

15. Itlandm

Itlandm Member

I can't see Michael releasing anything that causes headaches without warning. Notice how the Gamma tracks were only available as part of a set with the ten usual tracks, and to subscribers only at the end of the subscription. It makes no sense for such a person to carelessly give away tracks that could give negative effects (beyond what anyone can get by "overmeditating", of course).

As for me, I fell asleep pretty quickly. I wonder if this track really is meant to be used at midnight as the name and email implied? Most people will barely be awake on their own at that time. I don't see myself getting through it without falling asleep any night soon.

16. GilesC

GilesC Member

Well I finally managed to download it. It was slow each time I tried, so I just had to stick at it until it all arrived. Will give it a go when I get a chance.

Will be good if Michael can give us more information about it though. I'd also like to know where it fits in, in relation to other tracks.

:)

17. ausgezeichnet

ausgezeichnet Member

Oh...that's an interesting aspect: I tried it today before lunchtime...perhaps it is really meant to be used at night due to its intensity?
    As I said I'm still on level 9.
    Bernd

18. Papp

Papp Member

I just wanted to throw in a "Thank you" for this new track - gives me an instant value added feeling before even pushing play and I appreciate that VERY much!

19. Cogito

Cogito Member

Cogito

I used Midnight Express today and experienced an optical migraine. I had another about an hour later. I didn't experience any headache, only the optical image. I have been using brainwave entrainment for about ten years and have never had it before. I have used Holosync through awakening level 1. I have ordered Life Flow, but have not received it yet. I have all of Transparent's programs, and am now using Mind Work station. I would like to know what is causing the optical migraines. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Cogito

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  20. Ta-tsu-wa

Ta-tsu-wa Member

You're asking a medical question

Optical migraines (more appropriately known as ocular or acephalgic migraines,) are a neurological disorder and are relatively rare. Fewer than 1 in 5 true migraine suffers actually ever experience ocular migraines. Because they are somewhat uncommon, diagnosis of such is generally only made after the pattern of symptoms repeat for some period of years. The pattern remains virtually the same over time. If it changes suddenly you should see a doctor to have it checked out. If you have never been diagnosed with ocular migraine before and you believe you may be experiencing them you should see a doctor to have it checked.

Triggers for ocular migraine are not associated with listening to sounds of any kind unless a person is predisposed towards noise hypersensitivity. You indicated you've been using various entrainment tracks and programs for many years without experiencing any ocular migraine so it would seem you are not hypersensitive to sounds. It seems unlikely then that listening to LF has anything to do with your current experience.

Some suspected triggers include consumption of alcohol, chocolate, some kinds of cheese, sodium nitrate (or nitrite) found in processed meats, MSG, and caffeine.

Other triggers include excessive stress, eye strain, and for women, use of some oral contraceptives, extreme hormonal fluctuations during menstruation, and for both men and women, dieting, and radical swings in blood sugar levels.

None of this is intended for you to take as diagnosis of any kind. It is meant to reassure others that sounds per se, whether those of entrainment or simply listening to music, are not a recognized trigger for migraines, ocular or otherwise. It would be good if you would read the post I placed here:

http://www.project-meditation.org/c...nciples-meditation-entrainment.html#post12298

There is a section that specifically covers how we go about associating unrelated phenomena to the use of entrainment and the problems that creates.

If you genuinely feel you are experiencing ocular migraine headaches you should consult a doctor or health care professional. A full neurological workup needs to be performed and the causes should be assessed to rule out other, potentially threatening conditions.