1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Midnight Express Issues

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Michael Mackenzie, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Michael Mackenzie

Michael Mackenzie Owner

I downloaded the file so that I could listen to the track as it has been presented to everyone else. I noticed that a few seconds of the file have been clipped off at the end.

It is possible that the file has suffered loss of quality in the transmission from our technical department to the third party server. The only reason we have used extra third party servers in this case was because we did not want to risk overloading our normal servers which we use for all other tracks.

There is a distinct crossfade exposure to this version that is not so evident in the original. Actually, what a small percentage of people are perceiving as a "join" is a sound artifact I inserted meant to sound like a natural "bump" in the train's wheels at 19.8 second intervals. In the distorted form this takes on the sounds of an improper crossfade artifact.

You can be assured there are no voices, there are no subliminals. I would never include anything like this in any track we produce.

We have re-uploaded the file (which I have personally downloaded and tested) and you can now get the original version by clicking the link below:

DOWNLOAD HERE

Although you will still gain the benefits of most of the entrainment waves from the track I recommend that you re-download the track for maximum benefits.

Please accept my apologies for this technical issue and be assured, any entrainment track offered by Project Meditation either paid for or free has been very carefully designed to give maximum effectiveness and pleasure to you.

Your for HUGE success,

Michael

2. SpeshulK

SpeshulK Member

...thanks for the new file...of course I was enjoying the first one. I must say I thought I could hear voices in the first one but it did not bother me I was just loving my train ride :)

3. CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown Member

Many thanks Mickael for your update!
    I am looking forward to be back home to be able to download and try the new version!
    Kind regards,
    Charlie

4. Ras

Ras Member

thanks a lot for the new version! Not to mention the quick reply regarding the issue (considering its free and all I hadnt expected it ;) )

5. KeithP

KeithP Member

Thank you very much Michael, really good customer service. Should we put it down to your Scottish ancestry?

6. Still Waters

Still Waters Member

I would like to add my thanks too. It is really really good

I am just downloading your new product. I am very excited by this. :)

7. Scott_11:11

Scott_11:11 Member

I did think I kept hearing voices on this track. Didn't bother me much, but it did make me always want to check if someone was calling me. :p .. I'll download this version and see if there's a difference.

8. ausgezeichnet

ausgezeichnet Member

I also heard voices but only the third time when I was listening to it-
    is that gone in the newer version?
    Bernd

9. bvp663

bvp663 Member

I thought there were voices in the background of the original as well. I put it out of my mind but it was still distracting. Excited to give the revised version a go..

10. labelledominique

labelledominique Member

Thank you for your vigilance.

11. annschmech

annschmech Member

Wild timing, I was just listening to this when the e-mail came over. I find it helps me focus when I am tired and doing the repetitive task thing. Thanks, I just pick up and use this one! I really enjoy it.

Back on 'track'.....

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  12. MissHusard

MissHusard Member

Thank you for the new download, I have to confess my ears are not very highly tuned so I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary but will listen to the re-download with rapt attention. Thank you Michael.

13. Panthau

Panthau Member

Weird, i got the "I have a confession to make..." mail today... should have arived earlier, shouldnt it? :)

14. GilesC

GilesC Member

Me too Pan,

Maybe, like me you have used two email addresses? One for signing up to the forum and one for subscribing to Lifeflow? I still get offers for lifeflow at one of the email addresses as it's obviously assumed I haven't bought into it yet. :D

15. di.harry

di.harry Member

Many thanks Michael for the updated track.

Sorry to say that I also heard faint voices in the first version but it did not bother me... I felt it was intentionally done to add the effect of other passengers moving about! If no voices were present maybe we should all be talking to a shrink ;)

Kind regards,
    Harry

16. Edwin

Edwin Member

I was just wondering why there was a cricket on board of that train :p

17. Whooya

Whooya Member

Hi Michael
    I am still on life flow 10, what is this tracks design intetion? its not the track in life flow 9.
    Thanks
    Warren

18. Panthau

Panthau Member

Nope, and i dont get advertisings from LF... weird, but doesnt matter anyway in the end :)

19. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi there Warren and welcome to the community. The Midnight Express is in the 10 Hz range and I understand Michael has given it out for added variety. Hope you enjoy it as much as many others here are and I wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)

20. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Crickets love entrainment Edwin - almost as much as my dogs - when I meditate in the garden they often hop onto my knee ;)