1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Meditation on anxiety

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Redmar112, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Redmar112

Redmar112 Member

Hi Boris!

panic away has a 21 second countdown it's pretty much the same thing. It works wel for severe anxiety attacks. I have a lot of short one's so the one move live technique works best for me. it's observe, welcome, demand more, trust you are safe.

Lately I do not have a lot of attacks I am just scared of getting one. My stress level is still a bit high.

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

How about using EFT, or the techniques you know, to remove that fear of getting an attack?

When I first learn EFT, the very first thing I treated was my fear of spiders. I knew that the fear of spiders had gone (it really was that obvious), but then I had a fear of the fear being there when I would actually come across a spider. When I realised that I had a fear of the fear returning, I simply used EFT to remove that fear, leaving just a sort of "empty" feeling that couldn't accurately be described, but that didn't really matter. Since then, no problems. Sometimes we treat the main issue but forget to deal with the underlying, or associated, ones.

;)

Hugs

Giles

3. Redmar112

Redmar112 Member

eey Giles

I'm not really familiar with EFT, is it easy to learn?

This morning some fear came to the surface, and I told myself my doctor said it is not real and my body is just playing a game with me. And I completly relaxed. Perhaps there's something there in knowing that it's fake and also i'm a proud person so if I know someone is playing a trick with me I want to be strong. Somehow it just wasn't there anymore.

4. GilesC

GilesC Member

Yep, really easy. The founder Gary Craig has retired, so his website doesn't offer anything any more, but he's passed over a lot of his info to a good group of people who were willing to carry it on...

EFTUniverse.com

And you can learn EFT for free from there.
    Also check out YouTube, there's lots of example of people showing how to do it.

5. Redmar112

Redmar112 Member

Because of my GAD my body is shaking a lot, when I look at my belly I can see the quick heartbeats. Now after very much lifeflow sessions the shakyness seems to go inside because I have a blatter problem now plus I get really cold especially at night even though it's summer. Do you think this will go away if I just continue using lifeflow? btw my body seems less shaky on the outside now. Just sometimes I feel like I supress things while using lifeflow, like I should just let all the emotions and anger out. But that's just the mind talking I think.

6. Franz

Franz Member

Sorry for the delay. Been real busy but to answer some of your questions...yes I still meditate and use LifeFlow daily. For me, the best time is in the morning before I start anything. That had the biggest impact on my anxiety. You start off calm and carry it with you for the rest of your day. I always receive comments from people on how I am so relaxed and calm and positive. I was not like this before. I also practice the Law of Attraction and first and foremost being calm and being able to feel grateful are key. You have to literally make yourself relaxe whenever you remember each day. When you do this you will notice the feeling of gratitude and clarity seep right in with little effort. To do this, focus on your breathe and relaxe every muscle in your body. On the next breathe out, do this again. I usually do this 10 times/10 breathes.

Now in regards to your body shaking...anxiety will create ideas in your head that something is wrong. The thing about your belly shaking is normal. I checked mine out after reading your comment and yes my belly moves and I can see my heartbeat causing my belly to shake. It is really noticeable but would not have noticed until you told me. Anxiety will lead you to believe that something is wrong when in actuality...you noticed something that you didn’t really notice before because someone who is operating at a normal anxiety benchmark would not even care if they noticed their heartbeat causing little vibrations on their stomach. I had this exact same issue. My symptoms were different and they felt real uncomfortable. I would read about other people’s symptoms and my mind would create those exact same symptoms and it would freak me out. For instance, lets just say your at home alone and you hear a noise in the kitchen. You would probably think to yourself..."oh...noise in the kitchen, something probably fell", then move on and go about what you were doing. Now let's say you received an alert from someone that there is someone breaking into houses in your area and robbing people. Now lets revisit the situation...that noise will now lead to "oh...noise, someone is trying to break in, is it the robber, what if he comes and hurts me, what do I do. I am so scared!". Anxiety acts in this way. Situations that normally would not bug you do now. Why? Because your body is on heightened alert just as if someone told you someone was robbing houses in your neighborhood. The only way to get rid of this is to bring your anxiety level back down. Hopefully this helps in understanding. You HAVE to give yourself 10-20 minutes a day to relaxe. Listen to the Midnight Express track. This one is perfect in making your body relaxe. Until you bring yourself back down your mind will create more symptoms. The belly shaking will not be the end. Your mind will find something new. It is doing its job. Protecting you from a potential harmful situation because your body is in fear/protect mode. Problem is…you should not be in fear/protect mode because there is no harmful situation at all. You need to take yourself out of that mode and the only way to do so is to relaxe. Lifeflow and meditationis an excellent tool in learning too relaxe.

I had panic attacks at work everyday. I was so embarrassed...I did not want to pass out in front of people but it felt like I was going to. I thought I was going to die. You will over come this though. It just takes practice.

One of the first pieces of advice from the Linden Method was to stop searching about your condition on the web. Kinda funny since I found LifeFlow from doing this but after I read that I stopped searching for info on the web. Alot of people will post their symptoms and somehow they will become your own. Just know you are ok. The only place I would visit was this forum or anything that had to do with anxiety success. Anyhow hope this helps. I’ll keep checking in to see if you have anymore questions.

7. Rongo

Rongo Member

what helped me..

Hi, interesting thread. You know guys what helped me when I was suffering from anxiety disorder? - I sat down and watched at the tree in my backyard. Stared at tree for long hours. Immovable.

Then everything cleared. I was back to life.

8. Rongo

Rongo Member

Hi Redmar, one of the methods I heard of is quite interesting: when you have a worry or stress, begin to writing words that just come randomly to your mind, write them on piece of paper. Do about 10-20 words or so. Then make a pause, closing your eyes. After that, open eyes and circle those words that you feel are "good' for you or those that can bring any benefit by singling them out - it is more on subconscious level. See how you feel after that. Some say this is very powerful technique.

Let me know if this worked for you well. Good luck! :)