1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Meditation, mind clinging to lost loves and family?

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by GypsyBlue, Aug 9, 2014.

1. GypsyBlue

GypsyBlue New Member

I have had this weird thing happening for a couple years now. I've been meditating on and off most of my life. During the last couple years I have lost a lot of people. I have lost people that have died, and also just in the way that life takes people away.

Every time I meditate this happens just about. I get into a deep state of relaxation, and then my mind starts to search for those people that I've lost. I had this sensation of panic that occurs, and my mind feels as if everything is wrong. Sometimes my mind searches for my mother who passed away last year. And sometimes it searches for her ex boyfriends, or fiancé's, or what have you.

It's really very painful and it always touches me very deeply every time it happens. It feels as if everything is not right. How can I make this go away? And why is it happening? Has anyone else ever had this happen to them? It's very disturbing. I'd really like to figure a way not to have it happen. Because I really like to meditate and it does a lot for me.

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi GypsyBlue and welcome to the community :)

When you become very relaxed you probably become more aware of the thoughts of your mind that are often obscured by all the mental and physical busyness of life. Do you focus on a meditation technique to help you from becoming preoccupied with these unwanted thoughts?

Here is a link that will help you to understand that your thoughts are not who you are and how to focus on your technique and when to let it go and rest within the peace that's always there, beneath the myriad of thoughts...

http://www.project-meditation.org/c...nciples-meditation-entrainment.html#post12298

Hope this helps and wish you an abundance of peace and joy :) :) :)

3. MeditationBuff816

MeditationBuff816 Member

@GypsyBlue- Actually, during my first two meditation sessions, seeing my lost loved ones has become a regular part of it. Don't know if I'm still grieving "subconciously" or not.

@pollyanna- Thanks and I will definitely check that link out.