1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Meditation Lengths & Times

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by MEJC, Feb 2, 2008.

1. MEJC

MEJC Member

I am interested to hear of people's experiences of meditating for very long opr very short lengths of time, as opposed to the usual 15/20 minutes.

Recently I had some great success with doing several very short meditations throughout the day, of just 1 minute each, feeling quite refreshed afterwards.

On the other hand, today, before lunch, I meditated for about 40/45 minutes, and began to have quite an extraordinary experience, like what I have had before, where my sense of my physical self starts to change, and I feel like I am almost having an out-of-body experience. Does anybody else get that? It's like your body is starting to fall asleep whilst your mind stays alert, and you can feel your sense of where you are in the universe expand beyond the confines of your body, so that your head and arms feel much bigger than they actually are.

I think I'm going to stop wasting my time meditating first thing in the morning and last thing at night, as those sessions don't seam to do anywhere near as much for me as my lunch time session, which is always deeply relaxing. I'd rather save time by not doing the morning and evening sessions and instead just have one great big session at lunch time.