Meditation is really very simple

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by Karmoh, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Karmoh

Karmoh Member

I found this wonderful quote today, I thought I'd share :)

Meditation is really very simple. We complicate it. We weave a web of ideas around it - what it is and what it is not. But it is none of these things. Because it is so very simple it escapes us, because our minds are so complicated, so time-worn and time-based. And this mind dictates the activity of the heart, and then the trouble begins. But meditation comes naturally, with extraordinary ease, when you walk on the sand or look out of your window or see those marvellous hills burnt by last summer’s sun. Why are we such tortured human beings, with tears in our eyes and false laughter on our lips? If you could walk alone among those hills or in the woods or along the long, white, bleached sands, in that solitude you would know what meditation is.

The ecstasy of solitude comes when you are not frightened to be alone - no longer belonging to the world or attached to anything. Then, like that dawn that came up this morning, it comes silently, and makes a golden path in the very stillness, which was at the beginning, which is now, and which will be always there

J. Krishnamurti

peace :)

2. Panthau

Panthau Member

I miss the "like" button from facebook :D

3. GilesC

GilesC Member

I like it because it's true, though Krishnamurti almost slips into the trap himself...

For something so simple, he goes on to try and describe it. LOL!

Our mind loves playing games with us. :)

Hugs

Giles

4. Karmoh

Karmoh Member

Ahh! Yes, :) the trap trying to explain the unexplainable. ;)

5. Marina_J

Marina_J Member

Meditation is really very simple. We complicate it. We weave a web of ideas round it what it is and what it is not. But it is none of these things. Because it is so very simple it escapes us, because our minds are so complicated, so time-worn and time-based. And this mind dictates the activity of the heart, and then the trouble begins. But meditation comes naturally, with extraordinary ease, when you walk on the sand or look out of your window or see those marvelous hills burnt by last summer's sun.

6. Karmoh

Karmoh Member

Yep, thats what Krishnamurti said :)

7. brozen

brozen Member

i'm glad this post has resurfaced. Just a day ago I was trying to wrap my head around the concept of noticing, something that probably requires almost no 'head wrapping' haha. A nice reminder in this quote.