1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Meditation for "mobile" sickness?

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by MeditationBuff816, Jul 28, 2014.

1. MeditationBuff816

MeditationBuff816 Member

I actually don't know how to describe the motion sickness I get whenever I use my mobile phone on a moving vehicle. I also get nauseous when I read a book or play on an iPad. I don't have any problem when my eyes are just on the road or while enjoying the scenery during a long trip.
    Is this called motion sickness as well?
    How do I deal with it using meditation? TIA!

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

It unusual to get motion sickness from just reading a book (unless you're trying to read a book on a moving vehicle).
    However, playing computer games (some games at least) can induce motion sickness, that's true. The game simulates the motion on the screen but the body (senses in the ears) are not feeling the same motion. This is the opposite of, for example, being inside a boat, where your eyes are seeing things stationary, but your ears are sensing the motion. Either way, if all the senses are getting conflicting information, that's the main reason for feeling motion sickness.

Not sure how meditation can help with it, though other therapies (hypnosis, EFT etc.) may be able to.

3. MeditationBuff816

MeditationBuff816 Member

Thanks GilesC! :)

I'll be having a week-long stay next month in Thailand (Nam Yang Kung Fu Retreat) hopefully the chi kung classes will at least help. Sooo hard to travel with this type of motion sickness as I couldn't really get off a great read while on traveling.