1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

meditation changed my life

Discussion in 'Project Meditation - Success Stories' started by steffenakajobbe, Nov 13, 2009.

1. steffenakajobbe

steffenakajobbe Member

i started michael mackenzies meditation course a while ago and in very short time I feel happy and in peace within me. the thing is.... i suffer from a mental illness called paranoid schizofrenia. the main symptoms are fear and paranoia and in worst cases very strong hallucinations. and when i started meditating the first day i thought.... cool! what a great feeling. i didn't think of it as a way to change my life so drasticly but suddenly i was so aware of everything. i was aware of my feeling.... or am aware of my feelings when i eat, sleep, work and even when I'm brushing my teeth. and the feeling of depression, fear, thoughts and my hallucinations are slowly beginning to fade away. maybe I will never will be cured but I will feel happy, at peace and aware of everything

thanks to michael for the free support

2. forlan2074

forlan2074 New Member

The mind and body are intimately connected in the meditation, and the relationship of the mind to the body in meditation is very interesting.Mind creates a situation in which we see the body as peaceful and beautiful.

3. GilesC

GilesC Member

Welcome, both of you to the Project Meditation community.

Steffen, That's great to read that you're finding such benefit from meditation, and yes you are right, it is great that Michael offers the course for free. As for being cured... never say never. You've already found benefit, and there's no reason why those benefits can't continue.

Hugs

Giles

4. Marina_J

Marina_J Member

Meditation is a way of life and a means of transforming the mind. Meditation means a concentrated state of mind or to engage in mental exercise to reach at the highest level of spiritual awareness. It is a state of consciousness that brings serenity, clarity, and bliss. There are a lot of reasons for meditation such as for stress reduction, improved health emotional stability, positive thinking, and happiness and for success or quality of life.

5. writingupastorm

writingupastorm Member

I also have schizophrenia. I'm excited to find out whether I can control the disease through meditation since I'm planning to stop taking the drugs with the nasty side effects and possible brain damage. I think it's definitely possible. It has to be.

6. GilesC

GilesC Member

Remember not to stop taking your drugs without the support of your doctor. Typically, such drugs are not good to just come straight off, and usually require a gradual reduction, which should be monitored by the doctor to ensure you're ok.

Hugs

Giles