1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Meditaion news around the world

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Larry Gessner, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Larry Gessner

Larry Gessner Member

I have been doing research on meditation and there are 10's of thousands of studies that have been done on this. So I thought this might be a good place to start talking about them. Perhaps as you read them you can post something about them here.

I am going to start this off with a quick story that I feel is related.

Dr. Vladislav Lungovenko has written " The Breathing Earth" a study he has conducted for many years concerning Biomagnatism in all living creatures. It centers around how there is a magnetic grid work system around the planet and how each of us interacts with that power grid. Interestingly enough he shows how the energy of the grid work was effected on three separate occasions. The world Summit on peace in 1999, The World Peace Meditation on Baghdad in 2002, and a third experiment done in February of 2003. The energy measured on a constant was significantly higher on those three dates.
    I am just hitting on the simple explanation of this and you should research it for yourself.

2. Larry Gessner

Larry Gessner Member

3. Edwin

Edwin Member

I have mixed feelings about Maharishi Yogi.

He is responsible for the biggest group people from the western world to try meditation....
    But he also claimed that only his own meditation method through TM is successfull. Even tho Michael's meditation course basically does the same as TM, there are lots of other ways to meditate than TM that are equally successfull, and I haven't felt the need to join TM ( or pay for it !!!! ).

Nothing but good for the dead they say, but I hope TM will now lose it's profit-based way of thinking and go back to the way it was in the beginning.

4. Larry Gessner

Larry Gessner Member

I agree

Edwin, I agree with you. I can't speak for the TM organization but, it always seems that someone somewhere will always try to figure out how to make a buck or in this case a lot of bucks from something that people like.

I know just enough about marketing to be dangerous. Just look at us. we are paying for water now. Soon it will be air.

TM basically got to big for their britches and had to rely on someone who could market the course. I would venture that who ever that was, created a system something on the scale of Microsoft.

This is the evil that corrupts even the best of intentions.

As this news hits, it will no doubt raise awareness and give Project Meditation a chance to shine. I will be working on how to make that happen.

5. Edwin

Edwin Member

In Holland we have a saying:

"Twee zielen, een gedachte".

It translates to: "Two souls, one thought", or maybe "two souls, one goal" would fit better in English.

I hear ya, been thinking of ways to reach Michaels goal too ! ( one million registered people before 2009 )

6. Karly

Karly Member

I don't know about this guy....the reason the Beatles stopped working with him was because he was sleeping with his female students....the song "Sexy Sadie" was written about him.

7. Peaceful Warrior

Peaceful Warrior New Member

Maharishi

Thought you guys may be interested in a press release that I submitted for this website about the topic being spoken about. It's already hit google news!

Feel free to send this release to anyone who you think may be interested.. I will be personally submitting to the BIG uk news channels here!

Press Release

Hopefully this should help raise more awareness!!!! PW ;)

8. Larry Gessner

Larry Gessner Member

Oh Yeah!

I LOVE it!

One of the things I have been doing, is when I pick up a magazine, I look to see if the editor has a e-mail address. I then e-mail them a story that relates to the theme of the magazine and provide the link to this site. I am not using my link just the general one. To me the concept is to get the word out. We will all benefit by that.

And now we have a press release to send.

Thank you, PW!

9. Larry Gessner

Larry Gessner Member

Believe!

Edwin, I believe that the more thought we give this, the more ideas will come streaming in. I still believe that the #1 marketing tool is word of mouth.

I used to post a lot on Trump University forum. I helped them with that web site and still have contacts there. I was told I have a keen sense of understanding business from them. I attended one of their on-line marketing courses and did fairly well. I wonder what they would think about this.

I sense that you have the ability to make things happen as well.

I haven't read "THE ART OF WAR" but understand the concept.

I think we should rewrite that into "THE ART OF PEACE"

Strike while the iron is hot. Changed to convince while the iron is hot.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2008
  10. Edwin

Edwin Member

great newsitem ! we need more of those !