1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Mantra Speed

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by MEJC, Jan 15, 2008.

1. MEJC

MEJC Member

At what speed do you say your mantra?

What I personally have found tends to work best (and it's something which often tends to happen naturally) is that my mantra starts off quickly, and then gradually slows down automatically, until eventually it is very slow. It's like it is slowing down as my brainwaves slow down.

So it often starts like "owa" and ends up like "oooooooooooooooowaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" 15 minutes or so later. Then sometimes I reach a point where it feels perfectly natural to just let it go, and it just stops and my mind is completely still for a moment.

Does anyone else find it happens like this?

Marcus.

2. Edwin

Edwin Member

Sounds to me like you are doing it right !

I have the same thing, and listening back on the project meditation course Michael basically tells us the same. I have listened back on the course a few times now, and a lot of things he explains make more sense now than in the beginning. I think it is best to listen to the complete course at least once every 2-3 months, I am going to that's for sure !

3. John

John Member

I personally synchronise my mantra with my breathing .
    From what you say I agree with Edwin that you seem to be doing it right for you ,if you are achieving and enjoying the effect you desire . Your experience sounds great !! ("it feels perfectly natural to just let it go, and it just stops and my mind is completely still for a moment.") Sounds pure bliss!! As one relaxes one would expect the rate of ones mantra to become slower. Enjoy!

4. Match_capo

Match_capo Member

I agree with Marcus...I experience the same slowing down of my mantra as my meditation progresses...it eventually slows down to the point that I hardly notice it and my mind is completely silent.

5. MEJC

MEJC Member

It's beautiful when that happens, it's like you're just suspended there. It's like giving your mind a warm bubble bath.