1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Loose Screws & Slack Ropes

Discussion in 'Mind, Body & Spirit' started by Andrew, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Andrew

Andrew Member

Thanks Edwin. Please don't feel like you're pushing your advice down my throat. I did invite it, didn't I? ...I try really hard to take criticism well; it's usually very hard to offend me, so don't feel guilty about giving me your genuine opinion.

Well, I'm pretty certain now that my heart is in good condition, and I don't experience the tight-belt feeling. I can say, though, that I'm definitely recognizing the old signs of stress coming back. I haven't felt the urge to yell at my best friend just because he's fiddling with the car stereo and making the song skip in a very long time...that's just one example but the sort of irritability I'm feeling is very familiar to me from my days in school.

Interestingly enough, this same friend and I were chatting about beginning to work out together just an hour or so ago.

...Anyway, I'm going to just keep meditating by default whether I feel like it or not and hope the stress will naturally dissolve as a result. I'll keep y'all updated on my stress level until it goes back down to normal. Please let me know if I report something that's cause for concern. Thanks ^_^

2. Edwin

Edwin Member

I have read from several people here that when they started meditation, the first weeks they experienced an increase in feelings like anger, anxiety, stress...

Later on that feeling went away, and their stress-levels went seriously down after that.
    This seems to have to do with your brain re-arranging old feelings/experiences in order to put them behind you.
    I personally think this makes sense, but others might disagree.

All I know is that I seem to cope with stress a lot better with the help of meditation, because the issues I am dealing with "in the background", the feelings I ignore during the day and I am trying to suppress and make me irritable are the first ones to pop up when I start to calm down during meditation ( first 5-10 minutes ).

This makes me aware of the things I want to change in my life, and this makes me a better person I think.

Anyway, keep us informed from time to time, and I am glad to hear that your heart is ok :)

3. Andrew

Andrew Member

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't posted in...what, almost two weeks?

I'd write an update now, but it's three in the morning and I'm *not* in the condition to write the kind of post I need to (explanation tomorrow..yay!). I'll do my best to jot down everything on my mind for y'all in the coming day.

Cheers!

4. Andrew

Andrew Member

Wow, so much for tomorrow. Okay, long story short, I got sick and quit meditating, but I'm getting back on track now. It's a little more involved than that, but I'll post it here as soon as I get a chance, if for no other purpose than a personal meditation journal.

Cheers!