1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Long Meditation Retreat Inquiry!

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by une pair, Apr 23, 2014.

1. une pair

une pair New Member

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for reading this and thanks for the forum admins and care providers who are helping to create such a great community.

I've been on and off meditation for some time now. I mainly practice breathing meditation and Vipassana.

I was looking into taking a long meditation retreat where I can observe noble silence for a 6 months period.

Unfortunately, I cannot finance such a duration at any of the expensive places. So I'm looking for options with the lowest possible budgets.

Right now I'm considering Nepal and Sri Lanka.

Any directions or insights will be very helpful.

Wish you well.
    Haytham

2. madera

madera Guest

Hi
    I would just like to say that once you start meditating, it is not for one day or 6 months, it is every moment wherever you are. And you don't have to go anywhere, and it won't cost you a cent.
    It will be part of who you are.. It is not a matter of considering which one to choose. Its a matter of an inner desire to find what is missing in your life.
    It is a natural inclination from within.. I began because I was in emotional pain, my life was a mess.
    There are meditations to put you to sleep away from reality, If that's what you are looking for all I can say is good luck.
    Madera

3. MeditationBuff816

MeditationBuff816 Member

Kung Fu Retreat in Pai, Thailand offers affordable packages in their Meditation program. Also run by an English guy and a Chinese teacher. Their website is
    Kung Fu, Martial Arts and Meditation Training Camp Retreat in Pai, Thailand Good luck and I wish you all the best.