1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

LOA based and inspirational books to read:

Discussion in 'The Law Of Attraction' started by Edwin, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Edwin

Edwin Member

I would like to make a list of interesting books to read referring to the LOA or related things.

Books to read:

- Napoleon Hill: Think and grow rich

- Rhonda Byrne: The Secret

- Happy For No Reason - Marci Shimoff

- The Passion Test - Chris and Janet Attwood

- The Science of getting rich - Wallace Wattles

- The Science of Success - James Arthur Ray

- The Isaiah Effect - Gregg Braden

- A Course in Miracles

- The Power of Now - Eckhart Tolle

- A New Earth - Eckhart Tolle

- The Four Agreements - Don Miguel Ruiz

- New Seeds of Contemplation - Thomas Merton

- The Betty Book - Stewart Edward White

- Across the Unknown - Stewart Edward White

- The Unobstructed Universe - Stewart Edward White

- With Folded Wings - Stewart Edward White

- Every Word has power - Yvonne Oswald

- Succeed On Your Own Terms - Herb Greenberg and Patrick Sweeney

-

If you have a book you would like added to this list, post away ! ( and I will add them to this first post )

EDIT: forgot to say this, but you have to have read it and think it is worth it of course !

Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  2. Emptyspace

Emptyspace Member

LOA based and inspirational books to read

I highly recommend the following:

Happy For No Reason - Marci Shimoff

The Passion Test - Chris and Janet Attwood

3. stretchingout

stretchingout Member

The Science of getting rich by Wallace Wattles - very good

4. roaldgold

roaldgold Member

One of the speakers on the Secret movie, James Arthur Ray, has a book out called "The Science of Success". I personally found him to be of my favorite speakers on the movie and am going to be purchasing the book in a few days.

5. marie2

marie2 Member

The Isaiah Effect

I've read a bunch of these books - from Write it Down - Make it Happen, the Hill books, the Abraham Hicks books, etc. I didn't watch the Secret because it was surrounded by so much hoo-hah and seemed so commercial. Anyway - that is not the point of this post. My personal favorite book on this subject is The Isaiah Effect by Gregg Braden. He has other books out that I also recommend. In the Isaiah Effect he puts in what seems to be missing to me in all of the other books that I've read. His new book The Divine Matrix is also a good read.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2008
  6. roaldgold

roaldgold Member

I feel like an idiot for my post up there, I didn't notice that the book I mentioned was already on edwin's list. Anyways I would recommend "the science of success" to anyone who has watched the secret. It pretty much goes over all the main points of the movie but gives you more instruction on how to implement the secret into your life. It's also a real fast read so you can go over it again and again to really absorb the message.

7. SoulRider

SoulRider Member

Slightly different tack, but there is a fabulous explanation by God himself in the books - Conversations With God by Neale Donald Walsch. There are 3 books in the series. The first deals with personal problems, the second with issues facing the world, and the third with the evolution of mankind. Whether you believe in God or not, I recommend you read these books, as they set out a fantastic way to live your live, and even discuss the reasons why some of the things like the secret don't always seem to work.

I would also recommend the Celestine Prophecy Trilogy, although some people find it hard to accept, because it is written as a story, rather than direct explanations.

Happy Reading all. :)

8. Montana Keith

Montana Keith Member

Some of My Favorite Books

Here is a list of some of the books I continue to go back to and read from over and over again. By the way, have any of you read any of the books I listed by Stewart Edward White? They were written a number of years ago. Still, they are some of the most insightful writings I've ever come across.

“A Course in Miracles”
    “The Power of Now” by Eckhart Tolle
    “A New Earth” by Eckhart Tolle
    “The Four Agreements” by Don Miguel Ruiz
    “New Seeds of Contemplation” by Thomas Merton
    “The Betty Book” by Stewart Edward White
    “Across the Unknown” by Stewart Edward White
    “The Unobstructed Universe” by Stewart Edward White
    “With Folded Wings” by Stewart Edward White

9. chris063

chris063 Member

I've just been reading 'Every Word has Power' by Yvonne Oswald. It was another of those books which I thought I'd better buy, after standing for ten minutes reading it in the shop and deciding that I really didn't want to leave it behind :)

It gives techniques, tips and exercises to help people change how they speak in small ways, gradually eliminating all the negative words and sentences by turning them around into postive ones - yes there is a way to speak negatively in a postive manner!!

It works alongside and complements the LOA, also is written in a very straight-forward, no-nonsense sort of way but has its spiritual angle as well, with some lovely affirmations to use particularly before sleeping. There are chapters on decision making, focusing, communicating, awareness, letting go, relationships and spiritual connection.

I raced through it to begin with, but am back reading it properly now. I'd certainly recommend it to anyone who tends to slip back into negative thought and speech patterns despite their best intentions!

10. filly33

filly33 Member

Succeed On Your Own Terms by Herb Greenberg and Patrick Sweeney

I'm reading it right now and it seems quite good. I'll get back to you guys.

Mitch

11. AntonHansen

AntonHansen Member

The Divine Matrix - Gregg Braden

Simply an amazing and inspiring book, makes you wonder which abilities we actually have hidden behind our knowledge!

A little note about this book,
    this is not exactly a step to step book of how for an example getting rich, even though it include 20 keys of how to be benefited the most by The Law Of Attraction. This is more the science behind it, included some of Gregg Braden personal experiences, this is really a great reader !

12. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Some books I really enjoyed. For inspiration to follow your dreams:-

"Johnathon Livingston Seagle" Richard Bach

"The Choice" Og Mandino

"Joy and Enthusiasm" Norman Vincent Peale

"The Magic of Thinking Big" David Schwartz

"How to Stop Worrying and Start Living" Dale Carnegie

"Way of the Peaceful Warrior" Dan Millman

Log fire, big comfy chair, inspirational book mmmmmmm - heaven :) :) :)

13. Balaam

Balaam Member

A piece of gold dust advice..

I would recommend any of the 14 autobiographical diary books written by paul Brunton. He wrote about aspects of the body, its functionings, meditation etc and the books really focus on creating a balance within ones self and in being. it also really sets you up to be able to focus on other books and to be able to concentrate. i dont know how easy his books are to find these days but if you can, he is well worth it. i stumbled upon old copies in a bookshop and am really impressed and aim to collect all of the journals.

14. rubytwo

rubytwo Member

my book

Thanks for all the suggestions of different books to read for inspiration and help. I have read most of them.
    I found the one book that has helped me more than any other because it really does let you know who you really are and just how free you really are, is Ask and It Is Given by Jerry and Esther Hicks by way of "Abraham".
    I find that the movie What the Bleep ties in to this book more than any other because it really is all about the energy of thought and how the brain works. And the real key to manifestation is really to learn how to let what you want in. Which has to do with creating new thoughts over time till you finally come to the place where there are more positive thoughts than negative. And Then Boy does it begin to flow!
    This is why meditation is helpful: it allows you to clear ALL thought slowly and gently, so that you don't just keep going back to the old thought again and again unconciously.
    Hope this was helpful!