1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

listening too much not good?

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by [email protected], Aug 9, 2013.

1. cynthrod1@gmail.com

[email protected] Member

Hi All,
    I have enjoyed listening to Lifeflow 10...however, when I've left it on all night to keep replaying, I wake up with unusually stiff limbs...and feel very precarious mentally...with more than ordinary amounts of worry.... and even paranoia....has anyone else had this experience? What is the maximum amount of time recommended for listening...not during sleep?
    tx in advance...

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

If you've left it on all night, it's likely the sound is simply disrupting your sleep, so you're body and mind is not getting the rest it needs from sleep. I doubt it's specific to Lifeflow, you'd probably get the same if you left any sound/music playing while you sleep.

Hugs

Giles

3. Panthau

Panthau Member

I believe the maximum is 2x 40mins a day, but everyones different. I did in the beginning 40mins and then screwed it down to 20-30mins 1x a day. All night is definitly too long, as Giles said, as itll probably disrupt your normal sleep patterns (delta, theta).

4. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi there and welcome to the community :)

It's fine to listen to LF10 while you are going to sleep - just don't loop it to keep replaying because as Giles and Pan have suggested, you will need to naturally go into your sleep cycle of theta and delta also.

If you have LifeFlow 10 you should also have access to Creative Flow, Optimal Learning and instructions.

Here's a piece from the instructions...

CREATIVE FLOW

Creative Flow has been precisely designed to gently guide you into an enjoyable and inspiring theta brainwave state associated with enhanced creativity.

Countless studies have proven that theta brainwaves are highly present in our creative processes and by entering the THETA state of mind, you actually enhance your insight and creativity...

and...

your ability to solve complex problems skyrockets!

You can listen to Creative Flow with headphones and without and you can play for as long as you choose with a variety of activities. Here are a few suggestions…

.Relaxing
    .Studying and revising
    .Designing, painting and creative work
    .Reading
    .Working at computer
    .Using affirmations and auto suggestions

OPTIMAL LEARNING

Discover a laser focused state of mind whenever you are learning or studying!
    Science has proven it time and again.
    You will increase retention and learn with much less mental effort. This breakthrough track has been designed to gently guide you in to the alpha brainwave state commonly named by scientists as “The super learning state”.
    You will be able to get in the zone instantly and save hours of wasted time.
    Your reading or studying becomes laser focused, as you retain more at faster speeds.

It's so incredibly powerful, hundreds of schools and
    universities world-wide have adopted these techniques.

You can listen to Optimal Learning with headphones and without and you can play for as long as you choose whenever you are learning, studying or simply relaxing.

Personally I have never meditated for more than an hour each day and the difference in my life is immense. I have played Creative Flow quietly for hours while I work at my computer and find it to be of great help :) Here’s how Optimal Learning greatly assists another member…

“I do fact checking as a side job. For those not familiar with fact checking, basically I read a manuscript for a book to be printed (most often trivia or bathroom tomes of useless facts), pick apart every single sentence to find things that could possibly be factually incorrect. Like for example (from wikipedia):

"Albert Einstein received the 1921 Nobel Prize in Physics "for his services to Theoretical Physics, and especially for his discovery of the law of the photoelectric effect."

I would have to verify the following facts on 2+ credible websites.1.That his name is spelled correctly.
    2.That he did, in fact, receive a Nobel Prize.
    3.That he received it in 1921 and for specifically Physics.
    4.That this quote exists in this exact form and that it pertains to Albert Einstein's receiving the Nobel Prize in 1921 for Physics.

So, as you can imagine, it gets extremely boring and tedious. However, lately I have been listening to the Optimal Learning track while I do it. I have honestly found myself enraptured by these seemingly useless facts. I have often lost myself deep in it, realizing an hour later that I have completed a good four pages!...”

To read more of his post please click on the link below:-

http://www.project-meditation.org/c...s-stories/1542-optimal-learning.html#post7738

Look forward to hear how you progress and wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)

5. cynthrod1@gmail.com

[email protected] Member

tx much...very helpful....