1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

LifeFlow without meditation; time

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by steevo619, Aug 20, 2013.

1. steevo619

steevo619 Member

I've read the thread with a very similar title to this one's, and I've read ta-tsu-wa's series on meditation and entrainment. But I still can't say I really know the answer to this question:

-If I listen to LifeFlow tracks (I'm currently on LifeFlow 9) without meditation (say, while responding to emails or doing other sorts of work), what benefits might I receive? What will I be missing by not meditating? How essential is the meditation part of it, in other words? I know there's no way of quantifying, but would I be getting like ROUGHLY 90% of the benefit? 50%? 20%?

A second question: Is it okay to listen to a LifeFlow track (like LifeFlow 9) for only, say, 20 minutes, then stop? Are the 40 minutes the same throughout, or is there some sort of progression/flow/development that happens over the full 40 minutes that would be lost if one didn't listen to the whole thing?

Putting the two questions together: Would it be better to listen to LifeFlow for the full 40 minutes not meditating (working, perhaps) or for, say, 20 minutes meditating?

I know I've expressed these questions a bit crudely (all the talk of "receiving benefits" and the request to roughly quantify especially), but I hope the gist of what I'm asking is clear!

Thank you

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi there and welcome to the community :)

Have you received "The Good Life" today? This issue explains how it takes initially approximately 8 minutes for you to entrain to the desired brainwave state. When you become proficient with meditation, it takes less and less time. Over time it will probably take just a few moments and when this happens you can meditate for 5 minutes if you choose. Each LifeFlow begins and ends at the same targeted frequency so you can choose the length of time that suits your personal lifestyle.

When you receive LF10 you also have access to Optimal Learning and Creative Flow. I play these all the time I am working at my computer. Here's how one member benefits with just 5-10 minute méditations:-

"I day trade Forex for a living -- I don't lose money because I don't lose my mind

I have been with Project Meditation from the beginning, about a year or so. When I first started I was looking for something that would help me to relax. What I found was much more satisfying. I don't get the aggressive mood swings or deep depressions anymore. I even fixed my neck spasms just like that.

I use LIFEFLOW every morning to start my day. It helps me relax when I have to read all my mail and study the world markets. I tend to take in more detail and analyze data more critical and not so personal. I can now concentrate for hours where before I could only read two or three e-mails before I had to do something else.

I day trade Forex for a living and it can be a VERY stressful job at times, especially when things go wrong, that is when I need to stay calm and make logical decisions and keep emotion out of it.

I have found that if it all becomes too much, I just meditate for 5 - 10 minutes and I'm a new person. I don't lose money because I don't lose my mind!
    Thanks to Michael and LIFEFLOW."

Mr Arnoux Lombard
    Johannesburg, South Africa

Here's a link to how Optimal Learning helps with work:-
    http://www.project-meditation.org/c...on-success-stories/1542-optimal-learning.html

A Doctors review:-
    http://www.project-meditation.org/c...-john-stickles-lifeflow-review.html#post39026

For just relaxing with:-
    http://www.project-meditation.org/c...st-precious-gift-sense-purpose.html#post18931

That's a lot of information and I hope it helps you understand how versatile LifeFlow really is. It's a lifelong toolkit that will bring you endless benefits. It certainly has and continues to do so for myself and many others. Look forward to hearing how you progress and wish you an abundance of peace and joy :) :) :)

3. steevo619

steevo619 Member

Pollyanna,

Thank you so much for your timely, detailed response. You answered my second question (about time), but really not my first:

"-If I listen to LifeFlow tracks (I'm currently on LifeFlow 9) without meditation (say, while responding to emails or doing other sorts of work), what benefits might I receive? What will I be missing by not meditating? How essential is the meditation part of it, in other words? I know there's no way of quantifying, but would I be getting like ROUGHLY 90% of the benefit? 50%? 20%?"

Thanks again!

4. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi again Steevo619,

Although I cannot give you a specific percentage, I do know that meditation is only one activity that may be enhanced by LifeFlow. Although meditation has its own unique benefits that you won't gain in any way other than by entering into a meditative state, there are many benefits to be gained by LifeFlow audio technology outside of meditation.

When you are relaxed and at ease your brain produces far more alpha waves than when you are mentally full of activity. Listening to any of the LifeFlow c.d.’s while simply relaxing can improve your experience of relaxation, which in turn can improve your sense of well-being, diminish stress, improve immune system function and have a host of other beneficial effects.

You may find the following information helpful for when you are working at your computer.

Creative Flow

Creative Flow has been precisely designed to gently guide you into an enjoyable and inspiring theta brainwave state associated with enhanced creativity.

Countless studies have proven that theta brainwaves are highly present in our creative processes and by entering the THETA state of mind, you actually enhance your insight and creativity and your ability to solve complex problems skyrockets!

You can listen to Creative Flow with headphones and without and you can play for as long as you choose with a variety of activities. Here are a few suggestions…

.Relaxing
    .Studying and revising
    .Designing, painting and creative work
    .Reading
    .Working at computer
    .Using affirmations and auto suggestions

OPTIMAL LEARNING
    Discover a laser focused state of mind whenever you are learning or studying!
    Science has proven it time and again.
    You will increase retention and learn with much less mental effort. This breakthrough track has been designed to gently guide you in to the alpha brainwave state commonly named by scientists as “The super learning state”.
    You will be able to get in the zone instantly and save hours of wasted time.
    Your reading or studying becomes laser focused, as you retain more at faster speeds.

It's so incredibly powerful, hundreds of schools and
    universities world-wide have adopted these techniques.

You can listen to Optimal Learning with headphones and without and you can play for as long as you choose whenever you are learning, studying or simply relaxing.

Whether you use LifeFlow for relaxation and/or meditation, you should notice improvements over time in your day to day life e.g. handling situations calmly. If you ever want to meditate for just a few minutes a day, you can always download the free "Discover Meditation" from the top left of the community. It's a very simple technique and has helped many.

Hope this helps and look forward to hearing how you progress :) :) :)

5. GilesC

GilesC Member

You're right, there's no easy way to quantify it. Perhaps as an analogy, I would say it's the difference between writing on a piece of paper whilst jogging, compared to writing on a piece of paper sat still at a table. You'll manage to do it both ways, but when you're still, it's much easier and you progress quicker.

I think Polly's already answered this (I haven't read in detail), but yes, the tracks are consistent from beginning to end, so there's no lead-in or lead-out to them like you get on some other systems out there, and you can listen to as much as you're comfortable with (bearing in mind the 8 or so minutes it takes for the entrainment to become effective each time). I started with just 20 minute sessions of lifeflow, but then extended it to the full 40 minutes (I think if you buy the CD's rather than the downloads, you get 60 minutes on them... for the 'extreme' meditators. :D ). If you want 20 minute versions of the tracks you can contact admin who will provide them at no extra cost (I've got the 20 minute and 40 minute versions).

I personally prefer listening to it whilst meditating, and tend to do 40 minutes meditation with lifeflow in the morning and 20 minutes meditation without lifeflow in the evening. If I play it at any other time I feel like I should start meditating... :D

Hugs

Giles

6. steevo619

steevo619 Member

Thank you both so much!

7. Mar@Noho

[email protected] Member

Thanks Steve,

For asking the exact same questions I had. And thank you responders for your clear responses. I just bought this program yesterday and am brand new to all of this, but I did find it very difficult to just sit still for 40 minutes without doing other things. So this makes me feel like I can still benefit and perhaps just meditate during part of it.

It's great that there is such a large community with some many threads going. I look forward to learning more and hope I'll get some of the benefits that others have gotten from this program.

8. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

I'm sure you will :) All you need to do is be consistent with your practise, even if it's only for 10/15 minutes a day. If you do this you should begin to notice changes in your daily life e.g. feeling calmer and handling situations more easily.

Look forward to hearing how you progress and wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)