1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Lifeflow with speakers: frequency?

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Gotehacha, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Gotehacha

Gotehacha Member

Hello community!

If I use Lifeflow without Headphones, is it ok if my speakers can only use the range of 80 - 20.000 Hz?

(I have read that Headphones should be around 20 - 20.000 Hz.)

Thanks a lot!

2. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Gotehacha and welcome to the community :)

LifeFlow creates lower frequencies inside your head by combining tones of higher frequencies and your speakers will be just fine. I listen to LifeFlow mostly without headphones. I also play Creative Flow and Nirvana on my computer while I work and they are probably the same as yours.

Copied the following from a valued member for you:-

"Binaural beats are created in your olivary nucleus (on top of your brainstem on both sides) by giving tones with slightly different frequencies to each ear. Isochronic beats are created by pulses of tones at audible frequencies, which are switched on or off (or from one frequency to another) at an interval that corresponds to the desired frequency. Again, the sound processing of your own brain assembles these into a steady wave at the target frequency."

You can also contact the support team to verify this if you choose.

Hope this helps, look forward to hearing how you progress and wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)

3. Gotehacha

Gotehacha Member

Thanks for the fast & useful reply, Pollyanna!

I actually bought the speakers for my ipod to listen to Lifeflow w/o headphones so I am glad to hear that they are ok for this task. :D

EDIT: Is it ok, if there is only one speaker so there is definitely no stereo sound?
    I would guess so judging from the threads I've read so far.

Also, is there any problem with using bluetooth connected devices? I'm not sure if there is a loss of quality if you use bt.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  4. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi Gotehacha,

If you only use 1 speaker then you definitely won't be getting any of the benefits of the binaural beats, as they require stereo sound, and typically work best with headphones because of the way the two sounds from each speaker combine. However you can still benefit from the Isochronic tones and Monaural beats.

As for bluetooth, I'm not sure... it could depend on the protocol used to transfer the data from the device to the speakers, and that could depend on the actual devices being used rather than the fact it's bluetooth (considering bluetooth can be used to transfer files without loss of data).

Hugs

Giles

5. Gotehacha

Gotehacha Member

Thanks for your help, GilesC.

I have sent an email to support with the specs of my setup (which player and headphones I use) and they said I'm good to go!

6. Panthau

Panthau Member

As for speakers, theres no difference if you use one or two... as the binaural beats wont kick in much.

Regarding bluetooth, i found an interesting article for that matter: Does Bluetooth Audio Still Suck?

7. Gotehacha

Gotehacha Member

Thanks for the article, Panthau, it was an interesting read.