1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

Lifeflow w/o meditation?

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Panthau, May 22, 2013.

1. Panthau

Panthau Member

Just curious if someone has tried it over a longer period w/o meditation, as im only able to meditate once or twice a week. If i do more i get irritated and out of balance... though this way i dont benefit from LF as much as i could. Maybe while doing sports or playing drums, in my case?

Besides just trying it, i thought it might be an interesting question for the forums.

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

Hi Pan,

Of course Lifeflow can be of benefit when not meditating, as it's purpose is not reliant on meditation. However, meditation allows the mind to become more relaxed and thus the effects of brainwave entrainment are likely to be more effective if done with meditation; but you can still get great benefit from using it regularly without meditation too. I think Pollyanna has stated before that she has it playing in the background quite a lot and also listens to it without meditation, and has always found it useful.

Hugs

Giles

3. Panthau

Panthau Member

Hm right, i cloudy remember. I just wondered if one can benefit from the beats while occupied with something totaly different. Ill test it out and report back. :)

Oh and yes, meditation relaxes the mind... i love meditation and im really sad and tired of not being able to meditate because of the afterwards effects. And no, no healer, therapist or whatever could help me yet. But i remember clearly the time when i could meditate every day for 40 minutes or more and how it and LF made my mind the most balanced thing in the world. :)

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  4. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Pan,

just wondering if you can meditate for 5 minutes a day and have you tried without headphones? In the early days it used to take me around 5 to 8 minutes to settle into the meditative state but now, it doesn't take even a minute.

I find playing either Creative Flow (which is playing right now) or Nirvana when I am on my computer or studying really helpful and I never wear headphones. Not sure why, I just like it playing quietly in the background. It makes studying far more interesting and enjoyable for me.

Here's what someone posted some time ago:-

I do fact checking as a side job. For those not familiar with fact checking, basically I read a manuscript for a book to be printed (most often trivia or bathroom tomes of useless facts), pick apart every single sentence to find things that could possibly be factually incorrect. Like for example (from wikipedia):

"Albert Einstein received the 1921 Nobel Prize in Physics "for his services to Theoretical Physics, and especially for his discovery of the law of the photoelectric effect."

I would have to verify the following facts on 2+ credible websites.
    1. That his name is spelled correctly.
    2. That he did, in fact, receive a Nobel Prize.
    3. That he received it in 1921 and for specifically Physics.
    4. That this quote exists in this exact form and that it pertains to Albert Einstein's receiving the Nobel Prize in 1921 for Physics.

So, as you can imagine, it gets extremely boring and tedious. However, lately I have been listening to the Optimal Learning track while I do it. I have honestly found myself enraptured by these seemingly useless facts. I have often lost myself deep in it, realizing an hour later that I have completed a good four pages!

Bryan555 posted:-

I love Peace & Harmony. I listen to it on headphones, and sometimes just put it on speaker. Last night, I "looped" it on the player, and it filled the room for about 2 or 3 hours, while I did stuff and watched TV.
    I think it blankets the room with a wonderful, gentle energy. It's getting a lot of use at my place.

And Karmoh replied:-
    Yes peace and harmony is real good, but I have recently been using Classical Magic and that is getting a lot of airtime while I'm at the computer or reading.....can't wait for creative flow to turn up.

One thing I've noticed after playing these same tracks on a daily basis for years now, is I never get bored of them.

The tracks that Bryan and Karmoh play a lot are the earths natural frequency (the Schumann Resonance) Remember the EMF video I posted a while ago. It began:-

"Electromagnetic field radiation surrounds us. We’ve immersed ourselves in an ocean of electromagnetic radiation. It’s all around us now, invisible, we can’t see it but we know it’s there. Every time you lift up your mobile phone, you know it’s there.

It’s impossible to turn the clock back but we need to be aware of the adverse health effects so that we have the choice of taking precaution against the exposures."

This is the reason I began playing Classical Magic often in my home. I'm a great believer in prevention rather than cure.

You could play any of the gamma tracks or creative flow while you think of all the things you are grateful for. Many people don't know how powerful this little exercise is alone ;) You could also play these tracks while you think or read affirmations.

Well, I know this was a book Pan but I hope you find something helpful here. As always, I wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)

5. Panthau

Panthau Member

Thanks polly, your replys are well sorted, as always. Im buffled by your patience and "stamina" when replying to questions. :)

Never tried 5 minutes, sounds ridicolously short... im having a hard time, even after more then a year, to get used to "not" being able to meditate. I just try and try again, always about 20 minutes, but more then once a week troubles me. I will consider 5 minutes, and step over my whole meditation-experience ego... lol.

6. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hahaha, good for you Pan. Just see how you feel without headphones too - Worth a try and please let me know how you get on :)

7. Panthau

Panthau Member

I will. :)

Edit: seems like its LF. I listened to it yesterday in the car and then home for 2h or so while doing other things, and in the evening the irritation got worse (after a few days meditation rest i felt finally quite well yesterday). Today its the worst ever.

In the car i had this strong feeling, LF felt like a stream that takes everything with it... especially thoughts. It kinda brings you into the very moment bye forcing you to let go. I feel like theres something im holding onto, and this inner resistance causes the irritation. Im gonna go visit a therapist for that. :)

Last edited: May 25, 2013
  8. Panthau

Panthau Member

A little update... im doing "The Journey" sessions now, which is a very powerful way of looking within. My first session released already a lot of stuff.

Another thing im considering, is my workout. Im working out quite hard 3 times a week since nearly 1,5 years, thats quite the same time since my meditation problems started. Im now supplementing B vitamins and magnesium and feel a LOT more relaxed and able to meditate. Yesterday i tried LF 9 after a few weeks again, and i was gone (in a positive way).

Im praying now too. May not be everyones taste, but i got a feeling thats a good thing.

All in all, everythings going in a good direction atm.

9. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Pan,

apologies for missing your last post until now. Just want to say, I've never played LF in a moving car - I hope you don't either as we are warned not to do so.

"Transdermal magnesium therapy" a book by Dr. Marcus Sircus may be of interest to you. You can also find some video's of him on youtube. So many people are unaware that they are deficient in magnesium and how vital it is to us for good health.

Fortunately, I haven't had to take a pharmaceutical drug of any kind for a few years now. I always have a supply of the following in my health cupboard:-

Magnesium Oil (chloride) from Ancient Minerals for transdermal use
    Magnesium Salts (Sulphate) from the same company which I add a few drops of essential oils to for a long relaxing soak in the bath occasionally.
    Fortil B12 from (Standard Process) My youngest daughter had adrenal fatigue about 8 years ago. She took Fortil B12 for 1 month and was back on top form.

So pleased to hear you are able to continue with meditation and LiFeFlow - just a few minutes a day makes all the difference in the world for me.

Let us know how you progress and I wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)

10. Panthau

Panthau Member

No worries, i edited my post and therefore it wasnt marked as a new answer.

Wow thats a lot of magnesium. :D
    Hadnt we had this discussion once, about this as a bad additive?

B12 is essential, though the body saves it and can live quite a time from its buffer. Unfortunately its only in animal products, and hard to get for a vegan like me.

I have to say, ive never come across something even similar to Lifeflow, and i tried a lot. It seems to to take you into the now like no other means, and balance your brain chemicals. But it also clears blockages, which can be painful sometimes... but it needs to do that, because one cant stand the inner freedom it creates, when theres still too much turmoil within. :)

11. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi Pan,

Yes there was a discussion (or maybe 2) with regards to magnesium. Here's a link to one of them:-

http://www.project-meditation.org/c...irit/3197-heart-palpitations-2.html#post15471

Aside from the comments in the thread, I use magnesium oïl transdermally (just a few sprays a day) on knee joints in particular to prevent any aches and pains in later life. We often hear how important calcium is, however I researched for myself the fact that calcium needs magnesium to liquify it and allow it to work efficiently.

When there is a deficiency in magnesium, calcium cannot liquify and it gets dumped into traumatised areas of the body causing arthritis etc. I intend to continue enjoying pain free walks in my older years :)

If there is a turmoil of emotions to be released, I think a few minutes a day meditating with LifeFlow is sufficient to slowly and gradually release these.

That's a shame about the ingrédients in Fortil B12 not being suitable for vegans - if I hear of anything else I will let you know.

As always I wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)

12. Panthau

Panthau Member

Tried LF 10 after a break... same story. I get nervous and irritated as always. Really weird, as i can do breathing meditations, which go nearly as deep as LF took me, without problems. Maybe i build some sort of resistance... confused :confused:

13. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Just a thought Pan, Creative Flow is playing very quietly over speakers now while I am posting this message. Although I am aware of it (especially as I am discussing it) I am focusing on what I am doing, not on listening to the track. I just set it playing and let it do it's job.

I think Bryan555 used the "Peace and Harmony" track in the same way when he posted:-

" I love Peace & Harmony. I listen to it on headphones, and sometimes just put it on speaker. Last night, I "looped" it on the player, and it filled the room for about 2 or 3 hours, while I did stuff and watched TV.

I think it blankets the room with a wonderful, gentle energy. Much thanks for the link. It's getting a lot of use, at my place."

I wonder if Peace and Harmony would be helpful to you if used in this way because it's the earth's natural frequency?

Keep us posted and wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)

14. Panthau

Panthau Member

Hey Polly, and thanks for your reply. I actually played LF 7 (which is also at the Schuman frequence) over the speakers with the same negative result for me. The only explanation that makes sense to me is, that i build up some inner resistance to binaural beats. However that happened...

15. Panthau

Panthau Member

Sooo... it seems like im able to meditate again. At the first try, i felt the same symptoms as ever after coming out of meditation, but i had the strong intention to find out the cause of the problem...

In the second try, i had a feeling/picture of me within a strong hull, like a cocoon/coffin, and this hull was opening up a bit. This opening obviously was the heavy irritation i experienced, though i couldnt quite proper react to it, because i just didnt knew what caused it...

The way i conquered it, was to listen to Nirvana and doing some active relaxation technique while listening... and giving myself plenty of time to come out of meditation.

Have had a few mediation hours since then and no problems so far.

16. GilesC

GilesC Member

That's good to hear Pan. :)

17. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

So happy for you Pan and wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)

18. Panthau

Panthau Member

Thanks guys and girls, happy about it toooo :D

19. olmate

olmate Member

It is a short life Pan. Try to not let the "story" from allowing you to fully experience what is. It is a very big space. It is great to hear of your progress.

Don