1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

LifeFlow & My Son

Discussion in 'Project Meditation - Success Stories' started by Informer, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Informer

Informer Member

Hi All

Currently on LF8 and enjoying the ride ... been doing them most days for 40mins a session..

My Son Sylvan is 3 in April and knows daddy goes to do meditation daily...

This morning he wanted to come with me ?

So I said I would do it in his bedroom and he could sit on the bed reading a his books if he wanted....

Well I sat in a seat opposite his bed so he could see.... I asked him to keep quite and not to talk to me ..

If he wanted to leave the room he could , I left his bedroom door open and he could leave anytime.

So I out my headphones on and off I went … I heard him talking to himself for the first 15 mins as he was looking at his books… this actually made me go deeper and did not disturb me…. I expected to not see him there after 45mins … but he was just sitting on the bed looking at me when I came round……….. What an amazing feeling that was …. To come out of a 45min meditation to see your 2 year old son sitting on his bed looking at you and smiling….. I was looking to introduce him to meditation when he was a little older by starting a quite time…. But as this has happened , by his asking it might be sooner

We hugged and I asked him if he wanted to do this again and next time I would play some music …Eg LF8 …. He said yes … so I plan to do this if he wants a the weekend …

I will keep you updated

2. Edwin

Edwin Member

Wow that is great !

Very inspiring story :)

3. Montana Keith

Montana Keith Member

"Become as little children"

Informer,
    I read and was touched by your words early this morning. I'm just getting a chance to respond now. Thank you so much for sharing this experience. It brought to my mind and heart the following words. I wish you well this day. --Keith :)

At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven? And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me. (Matthew 18:1-5)

Then were there brought unto him little children, that he should put his hands on them, and pray: and the disciples rebuked them. But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 19:13-14)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  4. Informer

Informer Member

Thanks

Very true .. its so easy for us to forget one the key points about living in the present moment , that a child does naturally.

Intresting thought.
    I had to use Brain entrainment tracks to help me enter the present moment fully , and my 2 year old son just sat on his bed and it was so,:D

5. AntonHansen

AntonHansen Member

That was really an awesome inspiring story :)
    For just what i read both you and your son seems to be amazing people.

:love) and :peace)

6. Informer

Informer Member

Hi

Today Was a busy day with lots going on.... about 15:30 when everyone had left... I told Sylvan I was doing a meditation and If he wanted to be with me I would put the music on the stero so he could be part of it...

The plan was to do it in his bedroom again .. but i could not find the correct cable for my ipod.. so we ended up in the front room and playing LF8 on the speakers ( I have never tried LF meditation using only speakers ) ..

I got him some books to read and off we went .... after 15 mins of him going in/out the room talking to mummy It was not working ...

So I said to him , did he mind if I went upstairs to do my meditation... He said yes and that we wanted to do it with me ...:D

So we tried again , and this time I said he could not keep going in/out of the room... So he went out the room straight to mummy and said Daddy and I are doing meditation , I'm going to shut the door ;)

for about 15 mins he was talking as 2 year olds do... and then it went all quite. I driffted on into deep meditation which did suprise me as I was so used to using headphones....

I came to after 40mins to the gratidue track and as I opened my eyes Sylvan was fast alseep and drippiling on the Sofa :p... and in fact did not wake up for another 20 mins ....

Later when we where all eating , I asked him if he liked the meditation music and would he like to do the same again .... he said yes ....

I'm going to see if he will join me on Saturdays and Sundays for my meditation session ... its not so easy during the week with work and all the other stuff... normally my meditations fit around my shift work hours....

So the Discovery continues and we will see where it all ends ....

If anyone has any ideas for me .. then please let me know..

I'm thinking If he fails asleep tomorow on LF8 .. I might use LF10 next Saturday... ?

7. Grey

Grey Member

if you do nothing more than what you are already doing this is something really special. many fathers get criticized for not spending enough time with their children or being involved enough in their lives. certainly this demonstrates not all fathers are remiss. if you continue these sessions with your son they will be memories he will cherish long after you and i are gone.

one thought did come to mind. this is perfect father/son time but once in awhile maybe it would be good to invite mommy to join you. the more your son sees that both mommy and daddy practice meditation the more natural this activity will seem to him especially as he gets a little older and other activities compete for his time.

8. Informer

Informer Member

Hi Grey

Yes that would be nice.... Mummy is not into meditation , and I was thinking along the same lines .... After time she might join in....

I spend most my free time with my family..... Most Saturdays we go to a daddies club for 2 hours which I’m getting more involved in....

From babies up to..... It’s part of a school and I have applied to become a volunteer. I'm going to talk to the person who runs the club and looking to play CreativeFlow during Daddies club....

I would love to get involved in helping young people to unwind and to learn to have “ quite time “ and then moving onto meditation... ( LifeFlow)

That’s my long term goal..... Currently looking to design a Unwind Track for stressed out people.... this is for people like my Wife ... who think the word meditation with something
    “Hippy & New Age ". Working in the City of London ... I see allot of people stressed out in the Rat Race... These are the people I’m thinking out trying to engaged

They could listen to the track with speakers, while just sitting with eyes open and let their thoughts unwind for the day..

9. Grey

Grey Member

hopefully her opinion about meditation will become more open as she sees how it improves you own life and perhaps also has a positive influence on your son. anyway keep doing what you are doing. i think you have something very special going. the idea of a relaxation track is nice. even people who do not want to learn or practice meditation could use a track like that and maybe do some simple relaxation exercises. any improvement is improvement.

10. Sweet_Iza

Sweet_Iza Member

A very inspiring post. Thanks for sharing it.