1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

LifeFlow for those with a hearing impairment

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by PookDo, May 17, 2013.

1. PookDo

PookDo Member

I'm about 80% deaf in my left ear and I am wondering if I would be able to get any benefit using the LifeFlow program? Not for my hearing issues but for better emotional health. I do have mild to sometimes severe tinnitus in that ear as well

2. Panthau

Panthau Member

Lifeflow contains binaural monaural and isochronic beats. The binaural ones are the only which need both ears, the other ones also do their work with one ear... so you should benefit nevertheless.

The binaurals probably work also, if you turn it a bit louder, or use a hearing aid on that side.

3. PookDo

PookDo Member

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately because of the level of damage in that ear a hearing aid wont do any good and could make it worse. This coming from a trained audiologist and my ENT doctor. My reason for wanting to use the program more than any other is to increase my stress threshold or a way of giving myself a thicker skin so things don't get to me easliy or not as quickly

4. Panthau

Panthau Member

Oh im not a doctor, so dont listen to me regarding that. :)

Well youre on the right train here, if you want to accomplish that. Its just that meditation needs no ears, no eyes, no body at all. Lifeflow can and will probably enhance your meditation, but its in no way necessary.

So if you stick to regular meditation, with or without LF, you´ll see and feel the benefits in a reasonable time. :)

5. pollyanna

pollyanna Moderator

Hi PookDo,

here's a piece from Michael Mackenzie that I copied from an old thread:-

"A very close friend of my family has a condition similar to yours and after using various entrainment tracks over a number of years, and then using LifeFlow he stated “LifeFlow tracks vs. a track with only binaural waves is the equivalent of giving a blind person a book in Braille rather than a standard printed book.”

I would use the LifeFlow series the same as anyone. Both with and without headphones. That way you will find out which you prefer or you may realize that both ways are beneficial to you. It may be that binaural beats are still effective for you – however if they are not as beneficial, Isochronic and Monaural waves will still be extremely beneficial to you."

Here is the link to the whole post if you want to read it all:-

http://www.project-meditation.org/community/meditation-chatter-box/207-how-use-lifeflow.html#post777

I have seen posts over the years from a number of people with loss of hearing or deafness who have benefited greatly with LifeFlow and feel confident you will too:)

Let us know how you get on and wish you much peace and joy :) :) :)