1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

LifeFlow-different tracks different techniques?

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by susi_gal, Dec 19, 2007.

1. susi_gal

susi_gal Member

Hi, I have a question about lifeflow tracks and would appreciate your input.

I seem to find some of the lifeflow tracks more effective than others using mantras, and I am wondering if it is because of the background sounds.

For example, there was one track with flute in background. Until then, I had used mantra with melody, such as ohm and om mani padme hum, but found it hard to keep the melody with the flute playing different melody on the back, so I changed mantra to ones without melody (just phrases like "thanks you" in Japanese) and it has worked since then... until I hit the track 5. The mantra does not seem to work well with track5. I am wondering if it's the wave sound that distracts me from any mantra at all... or I had not had enough time on 6 before going on to 5?

I would greatly appreciate your ideas and advice on what type of meditation tactics I should incooperate.

Thanks!

Atsushi

2. Ta-tsu-wa

Ta-tsu-wa Member

My take

I find some of the LifeFlow tracks I like better than others. I like them all, and I've listened to a little of each one so I know what each sounds like, and some I just prefer over others. I don't think it's the tracks...I think it's just my personal preference.

I can't say if one type of meditation technique works better or less well with any particular track. My preferred technique involves listening for silence, so there isn't any mantra or active thought involved in it...nothing for the tracks to conflict with. But I can see how the cadence of a mantra might be influenced by the sounds of an entrainment track, much like your rate of breathing can influence the mantra.

Do you practice any synchronization of the breath with your meditation technique, or do you just freestyle it?

3. susi_gal

susi_gal Member

Thank you for your input

Thank you for your reply.

I don't know if I was ever concious about synchronization of the breath with your meditation technique. I have recognized that when I say mantra in my head as I breath out, it seems natural and better.

But I am keen to try out new techniques and I find your "listening to silence" interesting. Would you mind sharing each steps in a bit more detail?

Thanks again for your reply.

Atsushi

4. Ta-tsu-wa

Ta-tsu-wa Member

My meditation technique

Sure. I started a thread to discuss why different people meditate, and someone asked me for some background. I explained the technique I use in that thread. You can read it here:

http://www.project-meditation.org/community/chatter-box/185-what-purpose-meditation.html