1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

LifeFlow and volume

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by Edwin, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Edwin

Edwin Member

I have been using LifeFlow for some time now, and lately I have noticed that I am bringing the volume up a bit, because before I didn't hear the Binaural beats through my headphones. Now I do, very faintly but I think it will do... or not ?

Should I turn it up to a level where I can hear the beat clearly for optimal brain entrainment ? because then I get the feeling that water is splashing on my head instead of in the garden, or that these pesky grasshoppers are trying to have their concert inside my ears :p Of course I am kidding a bit, but I am also worried the high tones might damage my ears, there is a higher risk for that when using headphones !

Wouldn't it be funny if someone answered :

" I think volume 12 is best "

;)

2. Raven

Raven Member

Entrainment wave volume

Hearing the entrainment waves audibly makes no difference at all in how effective they are. Some people like to hear them, some find them distracting. It's really just personal preference, but either way the entrainment works just the same.

~R~

3. Edwin

Edwin Member

Thanks Raven !

when I have the volume to a level that feels good to me, I almost hear the entrainment underneath ( if I turn it up one more, I hear it faintly ).
    So do I understand correctly that the brain still registers the sounds, even when the other sounds overpower the entrainment for my concience to pick it up ?

You seem to be quite an expert on brain entrainment, I have seen quite some posts from you where you obviously knew what you were talking about.

4. Raven

Raven Member

Hearing entrainment waves

That is my understanding. The entrainment waves themselves are at such a low frequency that human hearing really doesn't register them as having a pitch. It just feels like a sort of thumping or drumming sound; almost like pressure waves I suppose. That being the case, audible tones just wouldn't be necessary. I've read in many places that hearing the waves is not required, so I strongly suspect it to be true.

~R~

5. Edwin

Edwin Member

The first time I put the volume up to a level where I could faintly hear the entrainment, I thought I could hear my wife coming down our wooden stairs :p

I once put it on speakers of my car ( while not driving of course ) and had forgotten to turn down the volume, it was still quite loud : I could see people turning their heads outside the car, both because of the strange " beat " but also because it sounded like those crickets had taken their vitamins :D

I could really feel it in my stomach that time, wow it really is quite powerfull !!