1. Unfortunately The Project Meditation Community Forum is no longer active. Although registration and the creation of new posts not possible, you can still read and search the forum...

If you are unable to find what you are looking for within the Project Meditation Community please check out our new Blog and/or our Facebook page.

LifeFlow and emotional Maturity?

Discussion in 'Meditation Chatter Box' started by PookDo, May 22, 2013.

1. PookDo

PookDo Member

I have been reading lately about how meditation in general helps improve emotional maturity.Will using LifeFlow speed up that process?

2. GilesC

GilesC Member

Interesting question.

Step back.

What are emotions?

Emotions are creations within the mind. Happiness, Sadness, Upset, Joy, Fear, Anger, Love... these things are non permanent and thus not real, they are just created within mind based on perceptions from the past being projected forward to the future and experienced in the now, and we become attached to these things as if they are what we are.

Meditation helps to become more aware of what we truly are. That doesn't mean that we shouldn't have emotions, just that we should recognise that emotions are only truly needed in the moment, so there's no point, for example, of remaining angry for something that is now in the past, or for feeling fear of something that has not yet happened in the future. With greater awareness, the emotions arise as needed in the moment and are let go when the moment passes, and this is what, I believe is being referred to as "emotional maturity".

Lifeflow helps to "re-wire" the brain, assisting in our goal to increase awareness, along with our meditation practice. In that sense, Lifeflow can certainly be of benefit to help with emotional maturity. Will it "speed it up"... well that depends on the individual and how they respond and practice, and what goes on in their lives that may distract them from their practice; but generally speaking I would say that it will most certainly help.

Hugs

Giles